Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name (25449 Views)

Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road / Why Did Jesus Not Include A Woman Among His 12 Disciples? / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by izzou(m): 8:20am On Jul 15, 2020
LebenNG:

[s]As if its a bad thing... How does submittingvro a husband resort to changing her name?, where is it written in the bible she should change her name?, kindly quote. Thank you.

Is it wrong to honour her father?, no father will feel dishonoured by that, except he feels he is not worth it... what of men that honour their own mothers, and put their mothers above their wives, if they have the chance they will definitely bear their mothers names and even impose it on their wives and children. [/s]

If you learn to respect people's opinion, the world would be a better place

Did I say it's a bad thing? No
Did I insult Banky for allowing that? No

I have no issues with whatsoever way you decide to run your life. It's not my business, okay?
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by LebenNG: 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2020
izzou:

If you learn to respect people's opinion, the world would be a better place

Did I say it's a bad thing? No
Did I insult Banky for allowing that? No

I have no issues with whatsoever way you decide to run your life. It's not my business, okay?
where is the insult? insecure men everywhere.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by izzou(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2020
LebenNG:

where is the insult? insecure men everywhere.

And where did I say you insulted me?

Comprehension has always been a major problem in our society
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by LebenNG: 6:13pm On Jul 17, 2020
izzou:

And where did I say you insulted me?
Comprehension has always been a major problem in our society
Pass
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by aribisala0(m): 7:04am On Jan 30, 2021
alBHAGDADI:
Adding her father's name to her husband's name is totally against the Bible. Including her father's name means her marriage, which her father should have no business in, now includes him. This makes it two flesh.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

It also doesn't show submission which is against the Bible which says wives should submit to their husband. It changes the ancient landmark which we all met.

There i nothing in the bible about using surnames
Using surnames was not a Jewish practice and did not exist in the bible
Using surnames is not an African practice either
It is something the Europeans foisted on us

Surnames are not "father's names

Many of us were born into this practice of using surnames and assume we have always done so in Africa this is not true
It is a relatively new practice
We havedifferent practises of naming ourse;lves in Africa but the practise of Firstname surname is one that came with Western civilization

In the North you would find people named after towns villages or even their job

IEven in Yoruba land it is a new thing to use surnames in the Western way

Today you have surnames like Balogun. Is that a family name in Yoruba culture historically?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fake Miracle: Should I Accept This Bribe To Do This Evil? / TB Joshua: I Am Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.