Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,894 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name (25491 Views)

Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road / Why Did Jesus Not Include A Woman Among His 12 Disciples? / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by KIDfurniture(m): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2018
If you like no add my surname.. all I care about are my kids.. I mean biological kids..must bear my full names.. if the woman likes she can borrow buharis surname sef.. we will all part someday and leave everything behind
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 11:46am On Nov 25, 2018
pocohantas:

Lmao. Religion and logic do not to go together. That is the most stupid analogy I have read in years.
The analogy is on point. Or can your legs go to Ikeja when your head wants to stay at home? I bet you usually cut off your legs to satisfy their ways which are contrary to your head's thoughts.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by galaxy2020(m): 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
Only weak and insecured men can allow that, when you leave ur parents to join with ur spouse, u become one not two. So which one be jalade-Ekeinde, etomi-wellington. Well, their choice.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
coldveda:

And answer to one name? Like if the man's first name is Segun, she starts bearing Segun too, in the Spirit of submission and "two become one"?

I don't understand your language.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Herrmes: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2018
DaddyNimo:

I thing changing to her surname will be better cos of her career. weak men everywhere
You're insecure and that's a weakness.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by emperorgeoffrey: 11:48am On Nov 25, 2018
you people should just take it easy with all this laws you enforce, God in his own simple way has nothing to do whether your adding your husband or father. So enough of all this religious laws and follow the main law God gave us. Remember "do not remove or add to what God has said".

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2018
galaxy2020:
Only weak and insecured men can allow that, when you leave ur parents to join with ur spouse, u become one not two. So which one be jalade-Ekeinde, etomi-wellington. Well, their choice.
It's so sad that the men who stand their ground and kick against this new invention are now termed weak men.

If it is weak to serve God and obey Him, let me be weak.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Chiefjosy(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2018
MrPrimeUnit:

How is THAT your problem if her husband doesn't have a problem with it? If you have a problem with that then marry someone that shares the same views as you! If you come to MY house and tell MY wife bullshit like that don't be surprised if you end up with a black-eye.

Stfu only cowards makes mouth.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by selfwife(f): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2018
if my name is Faith,and my husband's name is Samuel, and I become Faith Samuel. after many months or years, we end up divorcing, what will happen to that Samuel in my name, what will happen to my career and relationships I have built with that name? later, you people will say some women are toxic.if a scene like this plays out, I will rather have the name of a dead man attached.

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Herrmes: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Does smoking glorify God?

1 Corinthians 6:20
For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 10:31
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
I believe the first quote was talking about sexual immorality in the previous verses, and without a doubt, if you can drink to the glory of God then you can smoke to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Vendee:
But the man can bring in his father's name, his father who also has no business in that union.
That is also bringing in the third flesh from the side of the husband.
women retaining their fathers' name after marriage is American culture.
How do you reason?

A man is a man. The woman is the o e getting married into a man's family. She has to adopt everything about them.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Chiefjosy(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2018
Quality20:
Oga na favour dem do Una by opening their legs for una wey de fornicate. We all know how many can't concentrate on anything until they penetrate a particular woman's genitals. Many even travel hundreds of kilos just to be laid. Many have lost promising jobs, and positions just because they need d favor of a woman's genitals. So pls keep quiet!
All these sexaholic n nymphomaniac ladies around ,who turned them that way? Bad guys using their evil desires to spoil our innocent ladies and later calling them golddiggers or ashwo

Pussy Nigga stfu. Don’t make me tear you slap
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 11:58am On Nov 25, 2018
selfwife:
if my name is Faith,and my husband's name is Samuel, and I become Faith Samuel. after many months or years, we end up divorcing, what will happen to that Samuel in my name, what will happen to my career and relationships I have built with that name? later, you people will say some women are toxic.if a scene like this plays out, I will rather have the name of a dead man attached.
If you get divorced, you will go and do change of name for your certificates Na.

Oh, you are already planning your way out in case of a divorce. Those that expeCt divorce usually end up divorced.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Son of Joseph is not a name. It's a title
the title should be Jesus son of Peter or David son of Solomon. why use the father's name?

David son of Jesse, Saul son of kish, Solomon son of David, Gideon son of Joash Sarah wife of Abraham, Jael wife of Heber .
that was how people's names were written in the Bible.
maybe will should be writing buhari son of Mohammed, Goodluck son of Jonathan , Aisha wife of buhari, patience wife of Jonathan. I know the feminist will still have problem with this format
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Pataricatering(f): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2018
All these women wrapper men have started their madness again !

4 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
Herrmes:
I believe the first quote was talking about sexual immorality in the previous verses, and without a doubt, if you can drink to the glory of God then you can smoke to the glory of God.

Keep on smoking to glorify God. I like your style. Just dont blame God when cancer comes knocking.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.

Galatians 6:7-8
Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
There's no law anywhere that says a woman cannot hyphenate her and her husband's last name. You men should embrace it because it's here to stay, though I'm not sure what I would do when I get married. I see it 's a good development because it embraces the joint identity that usually takes place in marriage.

Ugosample:

with the rate of globalisation
over the decades, bride price will die a natural death in Africa

you will see. ...

30-40 years from now, max
Globalization has been around for quite a while now. If it hasn't affected bride price in Africa by now, it most likely won't. That said, because globalization is an ongoing process and not a static one, it could still affect bp, but I really doubt it because of Africa's resistance to change. Why should it anyway? Pay up.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
Pataricatering:
All these women wrapper men have started their madness again !
Which one is the woman wrapper? The one that falls mugu for your foolish ways or the one that holds his ground as supported by the Bible?
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
FrostyButter:
Lool... The part I wonder about the most is... Their children will still bear their husband's name in the very end...since their aim is to ensure their fathers name doesn't die...duhhh, it's going to die with you woman. Honestly, let's call a spade a spade, religion aside self. It doesn't make any sense. But oh well, people must try to be fake deep and sentimental... I see Nwamaipke viewing this thread... This should be fun.
NAH in some parts of Latin America and other parts of the world the children answer both surnames of their parents.Some could even take their mothers surname only.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by blackright007(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It's simply the fallacy of the twisted ideology of feminism in Nigeria encouraged by effeminated fvckboy sissy husbands.

Some of these mumu husbands have no sense of self-worth, they even consider it a privilege that their wives agreed to marry them hence this fvckery thrives.

Well, unless her father gave you a price slash in the marriage list or you incompletely paid her brideprice, then she can keep it.
But only a foolish man will allow his wife retain her maiden name or include it with his.

Izzou nwanne m onye oma,
Let me add two to the one you've mentioned.

- Tolu Oniru-Demuren,
- Funke Akindele-Bello.

But please don't tell me what else they have in common aside retaining their maiden names.

How about the husband and the wifey's father having the same namesake would she go mad? ODE

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
TomatoBiscuit:
There's no law anywhere that says a woman cannot hyphenate her and her husband's last name. You men should embrace it because it's here to stay, though I'm not sure what I would do when I get married. I see it 's a good development because it embraces the joint identity that usually takes place in marriage.

Hyphenating surname doesn't represent joint identity. It only shows division. You are one, that's what the Bible says. Why are you trying to show emphasis on a joint identity? This shows you dont believe in being one with your Husband.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Ugosample:
I'm wondering what's the link between keeping your father's surname and rebelliousness? ?

Don't you know that this surname thing originated from the Norman French culture in the 10th century and then spread to the rest off the over the centuries?

Men like these make me ashamed to be a man undecided

JoKe Silva that has been married for decades to olu Jacobs, are they not a happy family?

Fathia Balogun that changed to her husband's name, how far with the marriage?

All ye dumbasses will be fretting and hyper ventilation over frivolous things undecided

And in the bible passages you quoted, what is the link between that and "name change"
Too much sense kiss
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by selfwife(f): 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
when I do a change of name, and then get married again and change that name again,,, am I now a what game that you go to market to get numbers? with the way the society is now even Christian homes, it is better to think ahead. the fathers name I have already carries sores with it. won't allow another man add is own. I am not changing my name not even '-'.we are not buying anything with Mr and Mrs. we are never going to run a joint account.i will not allow any damn man give me heartache.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Chiefjosy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
DaddyNimo:

speak for yourself nigger, if pvssy still controls you, you need help and you should seek one fast. Sex is easily obtainable these days, so seeing it as a favour only shows how low your self-esteem is.

You self see as the guy dey talk like mumu. Him mumuism is legendary and second to none. Na weak ass mofo
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Hyphenating surname doesn't represent joint identity. It only shows division. You are one, that's what the Bible says. Why are you trying to show emphasis on a joint identity? This shows you dont believe in being one with your Husband.
Joint identity in marriage IS similar to being one with one's spouse. People typically retain their own identity in marriage, as they should!, but there's also a joint identity that takes place. I'm speaking based on research done on this.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
almakiyyun:
On the dayvof judgment everybody will be called by their father's names, not their husband's name.
Rationale: what if there is divorce, the women will be changing their names from one husband to another.
It happened to my sisters when she tried to do combination of result, one carries her husband name while the other carried her father name, that's why she dropped out of university.
On judgment day, women will be called based on. their husbands name. If you like divorce and get married ten times, your first husband is who is recognized by God. Others are illegal before him.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Zuorom:
You are just turning the bible upside down. All those portions you quoted has nothing to do with if a woman chooses to add her father's name to her husband's name or not. It's her choice, there is no place in the bible that says it is wrong
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
TomatoBiscuit:
Joint identity in marriage IS similar to being one with one's spouse. People typically retain their own identity, as they should!, but there's also a joint identity that takes place. I'm speaking based on research done on this.
You don't retain any identify. If you can't leave all behind and submit totally to a man, then dont marry him. Marrying him and retaining o e stupid identity is disobedience to God and man.
Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2018
Biscuits:
Nigerians you guys never seize to amaze me, you have a million and one problems but keep focusing on bullshit, spent 5 years in China and never once was I bothered about such frivolous issues everyone of them are focused on improving themselves even remote farmers but just 6 months in Africa Tribal discord, Religious fanaticism and Hate is the order of the day, y'all need to do better, smh
What hating about this discussion? So in that China you travel to they don't value or talk about family name? Is it not the same Asia where in some parts if a person born into royalty was to get married to a non royal blood he or she will also lose his royalty? So you think China develop their country by throwing away their family names? You guys that have thrown away your family names and those that refused to bear their husband name, how many car,plane or phone have you developed?

1 Like

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You don't retain any identify. If you can't leave all behind and submit totally to a man, then dont marry him. Marrying him and retaining o e stupid identity is disobedience to God and man.
You're talking rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by alBHAGDADI: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
selfwife:
when I do a change of name, and then get married again and change that name again,,, am I now a what game that you go to market to get numbers? with the way the society is now even Christian homes, it is better to think ahead. the fathers name I have already carries sores with it. won't allow another man add is own. I am not changing my name not even '-'.we are not buying anything with Mr and Mrs. we are never going to run a joint account.i will not allow any damn man give me heartache.
Please stay away from marriage, or else you will be the o e to give a man headache.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Adding her father's name to her husband's name is totally against the Bible. Including her father's name means her marriage, which her father should have no business in, now includes him. This makes it two flesh.

Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

It also doesn't show submission which is against the Bible which says wives should submit to their husband. It changes the ancient landmark which we all met.
How does man made doctrine relates to submission?
When the men of old got married, were they change of name ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Pastor David Onyekachukwu Suspended By Mountain Of Fire Over Rape Of Girl / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet U.E James Of Fountain Of Hope Ministries Inc. / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.