Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President (4187 Views)

North May End Up With Four Top Posts In Govt / Crisis May End Pdp’s Reign - Oyinlola / Amaechi - 2015 Elections May End-up Like NGF Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Depilot(m): 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2010
Just last night I was in town and fortunate or lucky enough to hang out with a couple of PDP big-wigs. During our Nigeria/politics discussion, I was reminded not to forget Atiku because he may end up being the elected one that will be relocating to Aso rock.
According to these PDP high rollers, these are the reasons why this presumption may become real:
1. Obasanjo feels that he has done Atiku wrong in the past and he wants to pay him back badly as soon as possible.
2. Lately Atiku also happens to be Obasanjo's best friend
3. Atiku has returned to PDP and he was welcomed with open arms by all members (because Obasanjo brought him back)
4. Goodluck can not handle unnecessary heavy combustion of the northerners if the zoning arrangement isn't acknowledged, therefore, he will not contest.
5. Atiku has been laying too low lately, I was told that he's laying low intentionally to avoid any unnecessary attention, he will re-emerge with full force when the time is right.
Conclusion: Definitely, Goodluck will not contest, but will select or endorse Atiku as his replacement.

Watch out fellows!
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by CyberG: 11:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^ Hahaha. . .Depilot, stooge of Yaradua resurrects from the dead!
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by cre8tivity(f): 1:06am On Jul 28, 2010
yep, atiku has been an old news for the past few months, i will not be surprised if these people surprise us.
it is for sure that jonathan will not or can not contest. and looking @ it, if it is up to obasojo, i honestly think that atiku might be the chosen one.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Ikemsinachi(m): 2:27am On Jul 28, 2010
God forbid dat. He'll never be. Lets be on the watch.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Alxmyr(m): 2:43am On Jul 28, 2010
Depilot:

Just last night I was in town and fortunate or lucky enough to hang out with a couple of PDP big-wigs. During our Nigeria/politics discussion, I was reminded not to forget Atiku because he may end up being the elected one that will be relocating to Aso rock.
According to these PDP high rollers, these are the reasons why this presumption may become real:
1. Obasanjo feels that he has done Atiku wrong in the past and he wants to pay him back badly as soon as possible.
2. Lately Atiku also happens to be Obasanjo's best friend
3. Atiku has returned to PDP and he was welcomed with open arms by all members (because Obasanjo brought him back)
4. Goodluck can not handle unnecessary heavy combustion of the northerners if the zoning arrangement isn't acknowledged, therefore, he will not contest.
5. Atiku has been laying too low lately, I was told that he's laying low intentionally to avoid any unnecessary attention, he will re-emerge with full force when the time is right.
Conclusion: Definitely, Goodluck will not contest, but will select or endorse Atiku as his replacement.

Watch out fellows!

You are very new in town. You must have just come back from remote village of Moronvia.
Welcome back. But be informed first before you make assumptions.
To issue raised.
1. Atiku is only back to PDP in Abuja office, he does not have PDP membership card from his ward as we speak.
2. Obasanjo does not owe Atiku any favour, rather its Atiku that is running around like ostrich begging.
3. Obasanjo is not close to Atiku and can never be.
4. Goodlick Jonathan will contest.
5. There is no northern combustion to handle.
6. Atiku was lying low because he is broke and has lost his relevance in Nigeria polity, he suddenly realised he should not have engaged Obasanjo is a fight that left him stranded, broke and busted.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by hatch: 3:52am On Jul 28, 2010
@Depilot
It is funny how we sometimes seem to prefer to illusinate and stick to our illusions.
That is what my good friend,Depilot seems to be doing.well goodluck on your dreaming escapdes.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by rasputinn(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2010
[size=14pt]Oh yea,that's if YOUR COUNTRY is the country of expired,irrelevant,hungry broke-A$$ politicians (like Atiku Abubakar) that are fighting to rehabilitate themselves by all means[/size]
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by cre8tivity(f): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2010
Atiku hails Northern governors
National News Jul 27, 2010
Share | By Henry Umoru
— FORMER Vice President Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, hailed the position of the northern state governors supporting the zoning arrangement of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, describing their actions as uncommon courage and patriotism to the country.
According to Atiku Abubakar, by voting overwhelmingly for zoning, the governors had given all segments of the country a sense of belonging, just as he noted that it was sad and unfortunate that the issue had been politicized by those he termed dishonest and selfish politicians.

Atiku who called for an end to the zoning debate, however, advised state and federal governments to devote their energies and resources to real governance and provision of democratic dividends to the people.

In a statement from his media office in Abuja, the former presidential candidate of the Action Congress, AC, who recently returned to the PDP, said: “The zoning policy protects minority groups against domination by the majority. In a country as heterogeneous and complex as Nigeria, the zoning policy will ensure fairness and equity in the distribution of political offices.

“We must cultivate the culture of honouring agreements in this country. We will not make progress in this country if our actions are driven simply by convenience.”
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by omamokta: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
Dreams, Dreams,Dreams. grin grin grin
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
This description of those arguing for or against zoning as patriots is ridiculous.

You could be patriotic and think zoning should stand, you could also be patriotic and think zoning should not stand.

It is simply your view on politics and not a measure of how much you love this country.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by bisiaet: 12:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
Pls and pls let no one mention that man called Atiku name as per presidency he is no longer relevant in Nigeria politics or possibly he may become the president of his village no one can say but for him to be a Nigeria president is not possible either he Atiku beleif it or not he can not and will not rule Nigeria.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by dude(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2010
True, anything and everything and happens in the realm of politics. but Atiku being president will be another wonder of the world. The Northern political establishment will not even give him any support.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by BigB11(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
I wonder why all these Igbo boys are now rejecting Zoning agreement, which was initially designed for them? Is it because Goodluck is currently in a position to hit the home run?
Let me tell you folks something, Goodluck is not contesting and this means the floor is open for anyone to carry the trophy; I predict with confidence that our next president is going to be a northerner.

Now, without the zoning agreement in place, northerners will be ruling this nation for a very long time. Hence, i advise you folks to slow down a bit and properly study what youre prescribing and what is about to take place.
The northerners absolutely prefer to dissolve the zoning agreement asap and more than anything else; therefore, the northerners that are calling zoning agreement unconstitutional are not fo0ls, they clearly understand what they're doing, unlike many other Nigerians that are too drunk to see beyond today.

I'm certain that the same Igbo boys that are now asking zoning arrangement to be dissolved will be the same Nigerians that will immediately start crying and asking zoning agreement to be reimplemented as soon as a northerner is elected in 2011.

No zoning arrangement in Nigeria is a priceless gift to the northerners; think about it.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Mkpotu(m): 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hahaha, Atiku!!!

Instead of Atiku & IBB, i think Jonathan's VP (Namadi Sambo) will be the best bet and I know he will definitely observe the tenets of zoning. People like Atiku & IBB, if given the opportunity, they will wreck the country and will even want to go for another 8years.

I believe in zoning anyway, because I believe it will give various parts of the country, the opportunity to have a shot at the presidency. If the southerners jettison zoning, I hope they will not complain in the near future because they were the people that were clamoring for power shift which brought about zoning.

The northerners are more organized and formidable. The meeting they had yesterday was a testimony. Despite the fact that we have the so-called North East, North West and North Central, they have a stronger union called The Northern Governor's forum of 19 states including Abuja = 20, But in the South, such a thing will not happen as there is disunity, distrust, discord etc. It was all the tactics the Northerners political class used in the past when they had all the powers, they used every means possible to put seed of discord amongst Southerners that is why we have South West, South East and South South, all claiming supremacy and a different entity, thus cannot speak with one voice.

To further buttress how united the Northerners can be, is this issue of the so-called PDP zoning which ordinarily should be just a PDP affair was brought and tabled before all Northern governors despite party affiliation and they all voted despite the fact that they (non-PDP governors like Shakarau) were initially claiming that such things should not be discussed in the Northern Governors forum.

The day the South South Governors did theirs, Oshimole who is not a PDP member did not attend, may be because he is already scheming for something else, that is an average southerner for you.

I couldn't remember if South Western Governors have ever sat or if something like that (South Western Governors Forum) really exists, this is because everyone has his or her own agenda.

Then the South Eastern Governors until recently started speaking with one voice when the issue of kidnapping befell on them and it was causing uproar in the country, thus they started uniting to speak with one voice on that and on other issues affecting the zone politically and otherwise.

My advice is simple, the day Southerners will appreciate themselves and unite in order to speak with one voice, things will be better off.

That some Northerners are even calling for Jonathan to contest is basically because of certain marginalization they must have suffered on certain grounds like Religion, where a core North Muslim does not believe their brothers who are Northern Christians could have a shot at any political position, in fact they usually see them a minorities. This I believe caused the reason why most people in the North supporting Goodluck are Solomon Lar, Jerry Gana, Barnabas Gemade, Joshua Jang of Pateau, Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna, Gabriel Suswam of Benue State etc.

However in the South, the situation is not the same as both Southern Muslims and Southern Christians see themselves as equal, but i think the South's  major problem is that of division /seed of discord which has been sown into Southerners and that is why Yorubas do not like Igbos and vice versa, South South do not like Yorubas and Igbos and vice versa, this has therefore affected how the Southerners can comfortably stand and speak with one voice on any national issue to their benefit.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Acidosis(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
I like your speculations
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
cre8tivity:

Atiku hails Northern governors
National News Jul 27, 2010
Share | By Henry Umoru
— FORMER Vice President Atiku Abubakar, yesterday, hailed the position of the northern state governors supporting the zoning arrangement of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, describing their actions as uncommon courage and patriotism to the country.
According to Atiku Abubakar, by voting overwhelmingly for zoning, the governors had given all segments of the country a sense of belonging, just as he noted that it was sad and unfortunate that the issue had been politicized by those he termed dishonest and selfish politicians.

Atiku who called for an end to the zoning debate, however, advised state and federal governments to devote their energies and resources to real governance and provision of democratic dividends to the people.

In a statement from his media office in Abuja, the former presidential candidate of the Action Congress, AC, who recently returned to the PDP, said: “The zoning policy protects minority groups against domination by the majority. In a country as heterogeneous and complex as Nigeria, the zoning policy will ensure fairness and equity in the distribution of political offices.

“We must cultivate the culture of honouring agreements in this country. We will not make progress in this country if our actions are driven simply by convenience.”

This is an incredibly selfish argument, not surprising coming from someone with the character & reputation of Atiku Abubakar.

How hard is it for people to understand that 'zoning' is strictly a PDP affair? Why should 140 million Nigerians be bound to a gentleman's agreement, taken out in the middle of the night, by a bunch of greedy old men with selfish motives?

The unitary method of Government ensures that Nigeria remains effectively a one-party state, while paying lip service to multi-party politics and indeed democracy. The real political thinkers have said it, they continue to say it virtually every day: give us true federalism, fiscal & otherwise, let everyone earn their keep and let each region eat whatever they produce, keep only the meager amount of resources needed for administration of the federal government at the center, see if this mad scramble to be in Aso Rock will not stop overnight.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by cre8tivity(f): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
This is an incredibly selfish argument
politicians are mostly selfish
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2010
Please, folks, I am really very scared that the dangerous man called IBB might end up being our next president NOT Atiku. You guys need to understand something about Nigerian politics. Nigeria is obvious becoming too distinct country in one: The Republic of Northern Nigeria + The Republic of Southern Nigeria = One Nigeria. The One Nigeria slogan is absolutely fake only used when the North want to pacify the South to make them have a sense of belonging as they the North grab the oil proceed and give the south a hand out. Every Northerner knows that they are unproductive and contribute little or nothing to the Nation economy and the only way they can be relevant in the scheme of things in the 'One Nigeria' fake project is to remain in power which they have always believed they can get with their so called 'majority monolithic Northern vote' in elections. (Reason they are always very interested with census figures, more local government, more states in the north and less in the south so they get more seat in the senate and house of Representative as to sway decisions to their favor with the strength of such 'fake numerical strength). So every single Northerner knows quite too well that they have not benefited well from the ruler-ship of their kinsmen in 38 years YET, a Northern CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT vote a southern (Christian) candidate to the office of the President when he has option of a Northern Muslim candidate. Kai! Wa'alai Talai! Never! You guys should mark my word today!

What am I saying? The North will vote in IBB to power 50 times before they can look at Jonathan. Even if Sani Abacha rose from the dead today and says he is contesting, he will definitely get their block vote. The only thing Abacha need to do is to run to the emirs on the eve of the election and they will take a stand and all the Northern will only wait to hear which way they will vote from the emirs just like they wait to hear the sighting of the Ramadan moon from one source and they will queue up. IBB himself understands these tricks realities well and that is what he is relying on. He will definitely exploit them. I wont be surprised if he becomes the next president. It is a sad thing for our country to have him as a democratic President but what do we do? Everybody should start to think? What do we do to stop IBB? Nothing! So so sad! Again I must say that I dont know Jonathan's plans if he is ready to fight IBB hands down. He has the machinery to do that but will he? This is the simple truth in matter!!!
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2010
Mkpotu:

Hahaha, Atiku!!!

Instead of Atiku & IBB, i think Jonathan's VP (Namadi Sambo) will be the best bet and I know he will definitely observe the tenets of zoning. People like Atiku & IBB, if given the opportunity, they will wreck the country and will even want to go for another 8years.

I believe in zoning anyway, because I believe it will give various parts of the country, the opportunity to have a shot at the presidency. If the southerners jettison zoning, I hope they will not complain in the near future because they were the people that were clamoring for power shift which brought about zoning.

The northerners are more organized and formidable. The meeting they had yesterday was a testimony. Despite the fact that we have the so-called North East, North West and North Central, they have a stronger union called The Northern Governor's forum of 19 states including Abuja = 20, But in the South, such a thing will not happen as there is disunity, distrust, discord etc. It was all the tactics the Northerners political class used in the past when they had all the powers, they used every means possible to put seed of discord amongst Southerners that is why we have South West, South East and South South, all claiming supremacy and a different entity, thus cannot speak with one voice.

To further buttress how united the Northerners can be, is this issue of the so-called PDP zoning which ordinarily should be just a PDP affair was brought and tabled before all Northern governors despite party affiliation and they all voted despite the fact that they (non-PDP governors like Shakarau) were initially claiming that such things should not be discussed in the Northern Governors forum.

The day the South South Governors did theirs, Oshimole who is not a PDP member did not attend, may be because he is already scheming for something else, that is an average southerner for you.

I couldn't remember if South Western Governors have ever sat or if something like that (South Western Governors Forum) really exists, this is because everyone has his or her own agenda.

Then the South Eastern Governors until recently started speaking with one voice when the issue of kidnapping befell on them and it was causing uproar in the country, thus they started uniting to speak with one voice on that and on other issues affecting the zone politically and otherwise.

My advice is simple, the day Southerners will appreciate themselves and unite in order to speak with one voice, things will be better off.

That some Northerners are even calling for Jonathan to contest is basically because of certain marginalization they must have suffered on certain grounds like Religion, where a core North Muslim does not believe their brothers who are Northern Christians could have a shot at any political position, in fact they usually see them a minorities. This I believe caused the reason why most people in the North supporting Goodluck are Solomon Lar, Jerry Gana, Barnabas Gemade, Joshua Jang of Pateau, Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna, Gabriel Suswam of Benue State etc.

However in the South, the situation is not the same as both Southern Muslims and Southern Christians see themselves as equal, but i think the South's  major problem is that of division /seed of discord which has been sown into Southerners and that is why Yorubas do not like Igbos and vice versa, South South do not like Yorubas and Igbos and vice versa, this has therefore affected how the Southerners can comfortably stand and speak with one voice on any national issue to their benefit.    
nice point but it goes down to our fragile democracy.Everybody knows that the time to properly conduct a free and fair is not 2011,we still have a long way to achieve that.The main problem has always been ethnic distrust among us.I'm not going to go by the good point made by a selfish politician but ordinarily,a systematic succession plan is a necessity for a complex and fragile nation like our where people ethno-religious conscious.let's forget sentiment,zoning to me is a sustainable tool to achieving that sustainable succession strategy if properly made constitutional could be tailored in such a way to produce the best candidates.
we can't rule out pdp if we discuss democracy in nigeria because they started well until they lost focus.i ask somebody that if we don't practice zoning,then jonathan ought not to bring Sambo as his vice instead should have settled for a fellow niger deltan.nigerians politicians are greedy and lack focus,every one of them want just the money and nothing else.In order to stem the issue of succession problem once and for all,i think a constitutional appraoch would be a better option cuz i know definitely any pdp flagbearer next year would definitely be the president.joanthan can either give it to the north in order to bolster regional and national peace or decide to contest and make enemy with the north.if we put the nation first,then we would get a lasting solution to this problem.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by kobikwelu(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2010
beer parlour talk

atiku win ? while obj is still alive

*****moves on****
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
All this shout about zoning, zoning, zoning. Review the constitution and stop taking all the money to Abuja to share. All these politicians have their eye on only one thing and that's the Federation Account. Nobody is going there to serve anybody.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by blacksta(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2010
Godfather pass Godfather - we shall see
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by fugocisse: 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
big b1! you are a slowpoke of the worst order!
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by oladayo042: 3:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
cre8tivity:

politicians are mostly selfish

Na today u know?
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Fhemmmy: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2010
I think Jonathan is contesting.
Atiku, IBB and Buhari contesting will split the votes and make someone else the next President of the Federal Rep of Nigeria
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by redsun(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2010
Atiku will end up being a president in jail.Since it is a different government in there,he might use his stolen money to buy over his fellow inmates.

Nigerians should not participate in any basket case election unless people indicted in halliburton case,the 16billion dollars electricity projects,aswell as IBB 12 billion dollars illusion are brought to book.Wasting more of our hard earned revenues and lives to bring in new crop of thieves says alot about the mindset of nigerian electorates,that nigerian masses are like sheep,having no opinion of their own whatsoever.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
redsun:

Atiku will end up being a president in jail.Since it is a different government in there,he might use his stolen money to buy over his fellow inmates.

Nigerians should not participate in any basket case election unless people indicted in halliburton case and the 16billion dollars electricity projects,aswell as IBB 12 billion dollars illusion are brought to book.Wasting more of our hard earned revenues and lives to bring in new crop of thieves says alot about the mindset of nigerian electorates,that nigerian masses are like sheep,having no opinion of their own whatsoever.

Lol . . . Show Nigerian some money and they will not remember all those you talking about
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by redsun(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
It is a retarded situation,not even the italian mafias are as ruthless,insensitive,bloody,greedy and visionless as nigerian ruling elites.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by redsun(m): 3:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
Nigerians should say NO to elections where criminal gangs like PDP are political parties and aspirants.

What is point of elections when all we are getting are ruthless criminals?
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by mimshak: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2010
All i am really interested in is a president that will bring our nation from where we are right now to where we ought to be in world politics. If Nigeria is the second largest economy subsahara Africa, then our clout should also be felt in the globe.
Curruption and greed has be-deviled us for too long. So if its a notherner or southerner i really dont care, whether its PDP or AC its of no consequence to me. All i want is development. We must come to the point and realise that the nation is bigger than any political party or ethnic group.

i will keep an open mind and vote for the candidate of choice, one i believe can take us there and not one of whom i believe financial rewards will come from.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by teskyg: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
Zoning means,power between Christians and Muslims.They are hiding under the guise of North and South but refuse to open up on their real intention.They will never allow a Christian from the North.We know their plot.They will never rule this country again.

They can decide for Nigeria who will be our next president.If they want war,we simply divide the country if Hunger no go kill them.Always looking for awoof.Lets see how they will get back to power.Make them go chop their groundnut.
Re: Atiku May End Up Being Our Next President by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
redsun:

Nigerians should say NO to elections where criminal gangs like PDP are political parties and aspirants.

What is point of elections when all we are getting are ruthless criminals?
i pray o provided pdp will make our votes count next year. . . .*sobs*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should The Nigerian Police Use Tasers Instead Of Guns? / GUNS Found At Wike's Residence And At A Hotel In Rumiprikon / "I Would Rather Remain In Detention...".. Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.