Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Finally Its Siasia. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Finally Its Siasia. (1012 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week / Keshi And Oliseh To Replace Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Its Siasia. by devyktur(m): 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2010
Before the world cup, I told my friends that the best coach for the super eagles is Siasia. Believe me guys if Siasia had been the one who took us to the World Cup, things wouldnt have been like this. Frankly speaking, Lagerback tried but the truth is that he does not and for now cannot understand wats happening in-house. It does not neccesarily mean the coach must be white or black. But we need a coach that can stay in Nigeria or better still spend at least 20 days in Nigeria. a coach who will be watching at least one Nigeria Premier Leage match every weekend, a very disciplined coach to say the least. In my own personal accessment, I see all this qualities in Samson Siasia. He has done everything to show he is a good coach. I think he deserves the job and the NFF should waste no time in giving him the job since Lagerback has opted to stay out of the job.
This is just an observation which is open to constructive criticism and comments.
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by Olaolufred(m): 11:58am On Jul 29, 2010
devyktur,

Thanks for your love for Siasia.

But the Subject is mosleading.

Why not say, "Why I think Siasia should be Super Eagle's Coach"

The Topic only meant to assert as if Siasia had been comfirmed as Super Eagle's Coach.
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by deb(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
Your title is typical of a Nigerian sports journalist. yield to my friend's (Olaolufred) advice
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by matoyeh(m): 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2010
Abi? Some people dont know the different between subject and content
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by honeric01(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
Siasia appointment deferred

Posted: 2010-08-09 21:05

Samson Siasia's imminent appointment as Head Coach of Nigeria has been deferred until after the NFF elections later this month.

Former international Siasia is the frontrunner for the position after Swede Lars Lagerback declined an extension, but discussions between the NFF and Siasia have not gone beyond an expression of interest stage.

Dominic Iorfa, who heads the Technical Committee of the NFF Board, told KickOffNigeria.com that the current executive committee had resolved to leave the issue of appointing a new coach to the incoming exco.

"Of course we would like to discuss with Siasia, but there are elections coming up in about two weeks, and we thought it is better to leave it to the people who will come in to discuss with him.

"The new board will be the ones to work with him or any other coach and it is important that there is enough time for them to discuss a proper contract."

Iorfa himself is running for re-election but he says it does not matter that he might return.

"Others may come in and everyone has to be involved."

The timing however, will be cause for concern, as the Super Eagles have a 2012 African Nations Cup qualifier against Madagascar on September 5, barely two weeks after the elections on August 21.

Iorfa is confident that will not be an issue.

"Austin Eguavoen can handle the team until a new coach is appointed. And if it is Siasia, he knows most of the players already."
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by mamagee3(f): 2:10am On Aug 10, 2010
Finally, Siasia is the coach for the super eagles. . .

I have been waiting for this day for a long time.
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by Bawses(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Finally, Siasia is the coach for the super eagles. . .

I have been waiting for this day for a long time.

Keep quite there!!! what the hell do you know about football and coaching
He is yet to be appointed.
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by honeric01(m): 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bawses:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by 5p1naz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2010
Bawses:

the keep quiet mite have been to hard. . . but yes!!! wat do u know? i done see more of her reply in this sports section n i keep wondering wat she knows. . .
Re: Finally Its Siasia. by ballfreak: 4:52pm On Aug 21, 2010
it could be Siasia or anyone else. what matters most is performance and improvement on the part of the eagles.

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Wins Avb’s Heart / Gunmen Kill Amokachi’s Brother / Dead Nigerian Ref Makes Fifa’s List For 2012 Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.