Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? (1048 Views)

Is It Possible To Gain An Internship With A Tech Company? / Who Knows The Various SMS Gateway Addresses Of Nigerian Service Providers? / How Can I Extract Email Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by ekanDamie: 10:03am On Nov 26, 2018
Good day,
Please can any web guru provide me with info on how to
Convert this Mac address into device names at least.
We need to find out which devices are consuming data beyond
Reasonable use. We use IPNX modem its not a broadband service.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by falcon01: 10:13am On Nov 26, 2018
there is a lot you can do with mac address but I ain't telling you shit!!
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by ekanDamie: 10:32am On Nov 26, 2018
falcon01:
there is a lot you can do with mac address but I ain't telling you shit!!
Lol. Abeg now bro. Help a friend on a Monday morning.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
The first 3 group xx:xx:xx tells u the device manufacturer so use it in a google search.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by Hostermipo(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
ekanDamie:
Good day,
Please can any web guru provide me with info on how to
Convert this Mac address into device names at least.
We need to find out which devices are consuming data beyond
Reasonable use. We use IPNX modem its not a broadband service.
Thanks in advance.
u can only know the manufacturer from the first three groups of numbers, like d poster above me has right suggested, just Google search the numbers
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by ekanDamie: 9:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
dainfern:
The first 3 group xx:xx:xx tells u the device manufacturer so use it in a google search.
And @Hostermipo yeah sure it sure did help with the manufacturer.
I wish it can do further. Because I can have more than 5 people using tecno or Intel. I wish it can do more.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
From a Linux machine run airodump-ng you will see all access points and clients live then you can identify which is consuming data. But you need to put your WiFi adapter in monitor mode first with airmon-ng. Alternatively, install kismet or wireshark.
Re: Is It Possible For Me To Get The Device Name From This Mac Addresses? by ekanDamie: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2018
dainfern:
From a Linux machine run airodump-ng you will see all access points and clients live then you can identify which is consuming data. But you need to put your WiFi adapter in monitor mode first with airmon-ng. Alternatively, install kismet or wireshark.
Uhm. IT gurus. I'm lost really. As I said earlier, its not a server system.
Its like all this spectranet modems.
I don't know if I have to install all those applications still.

(1) (Reply)

Hack Day Event Set To Hold. Just One Day Left For Registration / Data Analytics/analyst / Huawei Just Officially Anounced Harmony OS As Android Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.