Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (10149 Views)

Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by soloqy: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
naija-doll:

thank God I stick to my catholic ,  becos the uncertainty of some pastors are overwelming, some terrible pple just wake up one day and get into pastoral works without the full rite of passage, u go hear say one baaad person after 6 mnths don turn pastor, no be like that,  at least these pastors suppose dey 5yrs or more b4 they push them reach pastor position !

Dont even go there. With all their years in seminaries and convents, its Catholic priests that are abusing and despoiling minors everywhere and engaging in homos*exual acts.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by uncleb(m): 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
WHAT ABOUT RCCG?

If the fact that a pastor in RCCG was involved in a fraud makes all RCCG pastors or memebers fraudster, then every one who has contrubuted to this is a fraudster, a thief, an armed robbers,a kidnapper, a prostitute, aritualist and mention it.

Why?

Because in Nigeria, we have a least a fraudster, a thief, an armed robber, a prostitute, a ritualist and a kidnapper.

THUS

Every nigerian is one
I do not know what the problem is with some people.
Who told you that the mentioned pastor is a reflective of all redeemed member. Even if he is the GO he, is not Jesus who is the ultimate.

LOOKING UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND THE FINISHARE OF OUR FAITH

If ttruly the man ids guilty , he has failed himself a, his family and God and God would judge hima ccordingly, he can however repent and God would forgive him, God said he would have mercy on who he will have m,ercy and compassion upon whom he will. Remember the thief at the right hand of the cross
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2010
soloqy:

Dont even go there. With all their years in seminaries and convents, its Catholic priests that are abusing and despoiling minors everywhere and engaging in homos*exual acts.

Catholic buhahahaha, buhahahaha, buhahahaha, Dont even go there, just hide ur face one corner
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by dayokanu(m): 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
Redeemed Christian Church of thieves Scandal
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by cold(m): 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
uncleb:

LOOKING UNTO JESUS THE AUTHOR AND THE FINISHARE OF OUR FAITH
No be onlly FINISHARE na RAPIDSHARE grin

Where exactly in the thread have we accused all RCCG members of being fraudulent?All we're sayin is that there's something fundamentally wrong with the leadership of RCCG in particular and christianity in general as it is constituted today.All is not well,you know better than to dispute that.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by mamagee3(f): 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2010
Shocking News. . .I'm surprised by this. tongue
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by PastorOla1: 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
This a person not RGGC PLS
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by adaphik(f): 10:35pm On Jul 28, 2010
Wonderful
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by VALIDATOR: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2010
There is really nothing surprising about this story.What is surprising is that Nigerians find it surprising that people who trick you to collect 10% of your dough every week will not wipe your bank account clean if the need be.

Wise up guys.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by tosat: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2010
a lot of nigerians are unbelievably gullible. a poorly written and incoherent article without any credible source and people are criticizing and condemning!

Does one have to be a rocket scientist to realise we dwell on inconsequential matters and waste scarce time pointing accusing fingers at one another's faith/religion?

I look forward to a nairaland where the favorite links on the home page are not the soft sell headlines I see across 'em likes of PM news, but links that are intellectually stimulating, purposeful links that can unite youth to bring about some measure of change to their environment in their own little way.

my point- It does not change the price of fish in the market if the article is true or not. Let's dwell on more meaningful things.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nixo: 9:59am On Jul 29, 2010
HAba NIgeria, When will all these stopPASTOR ke?Na reall wa o, WTF.

G.O what is your take in this sir?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by cystein(m): 10:08am On Jul 29, 2010
PRAISE THE ROGUES BRETHREN. Hahahaha!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Doctore(m): 11:23am On Jul 29, 2010
Be careful of what u say about men of God. Don't bring other pastors or churches into this issue, simply because one has decided to follow the devils path
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2010
Christianity is falling apart.

Catholics are tearing-up little boys booty
Anglicans are fudge-packing
Pentecostals are robbing the poor and enriching themselves.

The only ones left are

Celestials
Baptists
Lutherian
Presbytherians
&
Olumba.

- Y'all just need a little weed and a lot of luvin. This religion thing aint making sense anymore. Its not like it ever made sense anyways!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Grav: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
I believe the story is not correct or tailored, This is just to paint pastor or RCCG. What is the name of the Bank and what parish is the said pastor pastoring. Cross check this comment=(“I am a pastor of Redeemed Church. It is true we withdrew money from Alhaji Odetunde’s account.)
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Golders: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2010
The OP is guilty of not indicating the source of this story. For all the Thomases or doubters, here is the source:
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/07/27/redeemed-pastor-arrested-over-n8m-fraud/

•Pastor Kunle Odeyemi.

I agree that this is poor journalism becuase the quality of the reporting falls far below the expected standard. What can you say? The reporting journalist(s) and editors are ostensibly products of dysfunctional, dilapidated and debilitated Nigerian educational system. However, does that render the storyline inaccurate? Not so in my opinion. It would be a serious offence (libel, to be precise) for a National newspaper to not only carry the news in print-form, but also splash it over its website, making the newsline accessible the world over. To this end, I would like to say this story/incident is true to life.

What does it say about the RCCG? Its pastors, as epitomised on discussion threads on NL, are bunch of rogues. I pray they would continue to be exposed day by day for the world to see that they are wolves in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7:15-20). Religion is the greatest scam on the planet earth and pastors/priests/bishops are the greatest scammers anywhere in the world. Don't be fooled!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Gunnaz007: 4:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
OMG shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked tudor, what sought of profile pic is that? angry angry angry ah just dey finish 2 wack ogbono, now i don dey throw up spontaneously; may d GOD u dont believe exist forgive you!!!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by saperpsms: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
This is a battle of 2 kingdoms (Kingdom of GOD vs Kingdom of devil) for souls, Its much more than pastor nor RCCG.

In the time of Noah, There were millions of people already in the world yet only 8 were saved from the flood. If you don't believe now you sure will do one day may be after your earth life.

It will pay to believe The Gospel now than later guys.

Cheers!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by CGKing(m): 1:54am On Jul 30, 2010
iv told u yorubas, una no wan hear. ok!!!!!!!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oyedepo1(m): 3:07am On Jul 30, 2010
Just passing, no comment.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Druss(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2010
Interesting the bank's name is being protected. It is pretty obvious. It is First Bank.

How do I know? Na my area of Surulere. The major bank near NB in Iganmu is First Bank Nigeria who has just been struggling with Online fraud. The concern here is was this driving their release of new bank cards which they proceeded to charge their customers 600 naira each.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by omaojo1: 11:37am On Jul 30, 2010
May God have mercy on us all.

Money is not and will never be a pre condition for making heaven.

Our affection must always be set on things above.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Okijajuju1(m): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2010
Shey Rev. King was also an RCCG Pastor?!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by baslone: 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2010
Someone once said but. . . . na Yoruba land e commit offence. wink
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by stormm: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2010
Golders:

I agree that this is poor journalism becuase the quality of the reporting falls far below the expected standard. What can you say? The reporting journalist(s) and editors are ostensibly products of dysfunctional, dilapidated and debilitated Nigerian educational system.

No sir. If you were a trained journalist, you'll know the nature of an evening NP. Racy, timely and right off the hook. It is essentially a tabloid(sensational and loud headlines) with so much time constraint as stories must go to bed immediately as they are being submitted. As to what you termed dysfunctional and debilitated educational system, well, I comment my reserve.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Smi1(m): 12:40am On Jul 31, 2010
[size=13pt]LOOLx ! bloody pastors thieves and bible bigots smiley)))[/size]
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by trojanprom: 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2010
Only God knows the true worshipper, hmmmm
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by jcross19: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
stormm:

A 40-year old pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Kunle Odeyemi David and his accomplice, Ganiyu Babatunde a.k.a. Iyalla, 52, have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for fraudulently withdrawing N8 million from the bank account of a Lagos-based hotelier, Alhaji Mudashiru Olanrewaju Odetunde.

According to police sources, David, who resides at 3, Transformer Street, Amikanle, Alagbado, Lagos and Babatunde, who lives at 8, Oduduwa Street, Surulere, Lagos, have been allegedly withdrawing money from accounts of bank customers with the connivance of a female cashier. Their victim, Alhaji Odetunde, the owner of Moonshine Motel, Lagos told P.M.NEWS: “ The suspects withdrew money from my account with the assistance of a female cashier. My bank is near Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu, Lagos.
“ Can you imagine that when the pastor and his comrade-in-crime removed N8 million from my account, I went to report at the bank’s headquarters. Immediately I stepped out, I got another alert that N2 million was removed again from my account.
“I dashed back to the bank to complain again and in a twinkle of an eye, I got a transaction alert which read your account has been credited with N2,000,000 by returned 062317520 cheque.
“But for the assistance of police detectives attached to Area ‘A’ command, Lion Building, Lagos Island, they would not have been arrested.
“I am disappointed with the way the bank officials handled the matter. I feel it is no longer safe to keep money in the bank. They keep deceiving me over my N8 million.
“The bank is yet to pay me my money. I work extremely hard to get money.”
Pastor David said: “I am a pastor of Redeemed Church. It is true we withdrew money from Alhaji Odetunde’s account. I got 30 per cent of the money. The cheque was paid into my account and we withdrew it at Gbagada branch, Lagos. I deal in oil and gas.” Babantunde said: “The offence has been committed. The account number we used was 06231753 at the Ibadan branch. The money was paid into Pastor’s account with the help of a female cashier.”
It was also gathered that the police at the Area ‘A’ Command have impounded a Toyota Infinity SUV marked DM11EKY and a black Picanto Car with registration number MN 141 KJA from Pastor David and Babatunde respectively.
Police sources told P.M.NEWS that the suspects will be charged to court soon

well i can't believe that story am sorry , how can a bank do that without check book and someone will just withdraw your money is that possible? it can be possible if it's ATM but there is nothing like ATM fraud here , and please any link to that story.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Golders: 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2010
jcross19:

well i can't believe  that story am sorry , how can a bank do that without check book and someone will just withdraw your money is that possible? it can be possible if it's ATM but there is nothing like ATM fraud here , and please any link to that story.

May I ask which planet are you from? You can't believe this story and you think a national newspaperm would splash a fictitious story in print and online, passing it on to the readers as real? I'm sorry, I'm in doubt concerning the depth of your critical, rational judgment?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by eways: 1:00am On Aug 01, 2010
i blive it is not true cos if it is true the name of the bank should av bin stated. Well,concerning rccg opening branches every where, it is the vision God as giving to our father in the Lord to establish church between 5min walking distace.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by jcross19: 1:36am On Aug 01, 2010
mr golder, why can't you apply your sense how can some one withdraw money from your account without a check book when it's not a ATM huh even the stucture of the story lack authenticity first how did get his account number , how did the know each other and how did he know who transfer the money
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by aletheia(m): 3:17am On Aug 01, 2010
^^^Have you heard of wire transfer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions / Why Did The God Tell Abraham To Sacrifice His Child / Will You Be Ready When The Lord Shall Come? - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.