Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (10128 Views)

Pastor Arrested For Giving N1.2m Fake Healing Oil To Woman / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water' / Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by stormm: 8:05am On Jul 28, 2010
A 40-year old pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Kunle Odeyemi David and his accomplice, Ganiyu Babatunde a.k.a. Iyalla, 52, have been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for fraudulently withdrawing N8 million from the bank account of a Lagos-based hotelier, Alhaji Mudashiru Olanrewaju Odetunde.

According to police sources, David, who resides at 3, Transformer Street, Amikanle, Alagbado, Lagos and Babatunde, who lives at 8, Oduduwa Street, Surulere, Lagos, have been allegedly withdrawing money from accounts of bank customers with the connivance of a female cashier. Their victim, Alhaji Odetunde, the owner of Moonshine Motel, Lagos told P.M.NEWS: “ The suspects withdrew money from my account with the assistance of a female cashier. My bank is near Nigerian Breweries, Iganmu, Lagos.
“ Can you imagine that when the pastor and his comrade-in-crime removed N8 million from my account, I went to report at the bank’s headquarters. Immediately I stepped out, I got another alert that N2 million was removed again from my account.
“I dashed back to the bank to complain again and in a twinkle of an eye, I got a transaction alert which read your account has been credited with N2,000,000 by returned 062317520 cheque.
“But for the assistance of police detectives attached to Area ‘A’ command, Lion Building, Lagos Island, they would not have been arrested.
“I am disappointed with the way the bank officials handled the matter. I feel it is no longer safe to keep money in the bank. They keep deceiving me over my N8 million.
“The bank is yet to pay me my money. I work extremely hard to get money.”
Pastor David said: “I am a pastor of Redeemed Church. It is true we withdrew money from Alhaji Odetunde’s account. I got 30 per cent of the money. The cheque was paid into my account and we withdrew it at Gbagada branch, Lagos. I deal in oil and gas.” Babantunde said: “The offence has been committed. The account number we used was 06231753 at the Ibadan branch. The money was paid into Pastor’s account with the help of a female cashier.”
It was also gathered that the police at the Area ‘A’ Command have impounded a Toyota Infinity SUV marked DM11EKY and a black Picanto Car with registration number MN 141 KJA from Pastor David and Babatunde respectively.
Police sources told P.M.NEWS that the suspects will be charged to court soon
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Okijajuju1(m): 8:26am On Jul 28, 2010
RCCG again!!

The story behind the Jet is coming out small by small.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Pimpu(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2010
what a shame
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2010
since any criminal person can call themselves a pastor these days, then this story is of no surprise!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by snowdrops(m): 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
this is an unfortunate news. hope it does no harden the minds of christains and non-christains alike about standing steadfast in their faith. there will always be a few bad eggs amongst thousands of genuine pastors.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
Okija_juju:

RCCG again!!

The story behind the Jet is coming out small by small.

So, what about RCCG?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by skillcano: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Stormm, pls i would like to know; where you there at the incident or you are just quoting from somewhere?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by indie22(f): 12:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hmmmm,

These pastors are humans too are bound to fall into all sorts of temptation, in any case what do people expect sef when some churches go as far as posting vacancies for church pastors in newspapers,
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by stormm: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
skillcano
stormm:

Police sources told P.M.NEWS that the suspects will be charged to court soon
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by stormm: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2010
Pastor Odeyemi
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by hackney(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
Never mind the pastors, i knew there will be a time when anything can happen to
money deposited in nigerian banks.
the bank will 'lose' your details and claim you never opened any account with them.

In nigeria? ah-ah.
wait for it , its coming.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by sirt1(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Poster,

Can u pls provide source/link of the story?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Damysa(f): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
oisehumen:

So, what about RCCG?

Because so many scandals have be traced to Redeem pastors lately.

But it baffles me why RCCG is bent on taking over the whole world at the detriment of the church itself. why? ? ?
u see about 2 branches in just one street, about 50 branches in a small locality, then they start scampering for people trying to pull u out from ur church even if u were already an RCCG member all in the name of let's go a fishing or wotever they call it.

These pastors are not properly groomed or trained before they are being dispersed, then they go about committing of manners of havoc and atrocities.

The question is why open more churches when u cannot control the ones u have.

1 Like

Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Johnmos(m): 1:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
It's very unfortunate. If a pastor can go all the way to make rituals for church growth, am not surprised that one could be involved in fraud and stealing.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by mojounited(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2010
@OP, source please!!!

@all, does anyone know the name of the bank that got involved in this mess We need to know which Naija banks our monies are safe or not safe in. I have never heard customer issues with FBN.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
And those pastors keep preaching every sunday to people that money is the root of all evils,yet they are dying hard to have it. . .wtf
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Mkpotu(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
No comment yet, till the source/information is verified. All the same it is shameful and unacceptable if it is true.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
Damysa:

Because so many scandals have be traced to Redeem pastors lately.

But it baffles me why RCCG is bent on taking over the whole world at the detriment of the church itself. why? ? ?
u see about 2 branches in just one street, about 50 branches in a small locality, then they start scampering for people trying to pull u out from your church even if u were already an RCCG member all in the name of let's go a fishing or wotever they call it.

These pastors are not properly groomed or trained before they are being dispersed, then they go about committing of manners of havoc and atrocities.

The question is why open more churches when u cannot control the ones u have.

With all sincerity, i totally agree with you sir.
As a strong member of RCCG, i have had to confront the church leaders with these issue u have raised. Too many parishes situated too closely and is giving us some headache.
On the issue of pastors not well groomed, i think is more of personal relationship with God and determination to succeed as a pastor, show good example and to make Heaven as a child of God.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
@ Poster, Kindly post the source,
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
Biowande:

@ Poster, Kindly post the source,

It was reported in the PM News of yesterday. I believe it was culled from there.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Becomrich0: 2:26pm On Jul 28, 2010
P.M.NEWS  is know for carrying false story. who knows if the story is true. .
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
The story maybe true of false.
But i think is true; names and addresses of the duo who stole the money and the victim were published. One can easily go and verify physically if in doubt.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2010
Zap.i.n.g shocking news!!!
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by baslone: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
Becomerich, you said the same thing about sahara reporters yesterday!

Today, it's PM News!

Tomorrow's probably going to be the PUNCH!!! grin grin
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Tudor6(f): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
So, what else is new?
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
If i may ask please, how do u differentiate false reporting from true reporting?
I have a little knowledge or experience with a media house, though as an Auditor. When a story gives u some vital information like REAL names, addresses, landmarks; most likely, the story is true.

Therefore, from the above, i can tentatively conclude that the story is true, ALL things being equal.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
I know this story would interest Tudor cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by bluechild: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2010
so why mention the church and did not mention the bank name.

Obviously, some dumb ass dude just wants to drag RCCG in the mud.

Not like im biased towards the church though, i just like looking for a balance.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by oisehumen(m): 3:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
bluechild:

so why mention the church and did not mention the bank name.

Obviously, some dumb backside dude just wants to drag RCCG in the mud.

Not like im biased towards the church though, i just like looking for a balance.

Because the bank bribed them and RCCG does not give bribe and so, did not bribe them cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by Becomrich0: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
Most people in the Nigeria press are scared of a break up of Nigeria. They believe they would loss thier jobs. and loss circulation. And I can tell you, many nigeria newpaper have people online to run propaganda against and for. But that is not true. Anyone can have a newspaper anywhere. there are newspaper own by the same group in several countries.

That address may be fake. That is nigeria for you.

This is how I know , it may be a fake story, they claim he lives on " 3, Transformer Street," . Lagos state are 99% named after people. I have never seen where they name street after a transformer.

And why would anyone want to steal other people money. 8 million. God help us. I know some pastors may have problem. But this newspaper too. does not have that reputation too. they are into making money. Boys most eat.

What is nigeria turning into.
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by dustydee: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
:-x
Re: Another One: Redeemed Pastor Arrested Over N8m Fraud by 1988: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
and god did nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Comes First With Most Christians In Africa / Death Is Not The Worst / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.