Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking (24673 Views)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Banks Jittery Over Teleology’s Pullout From 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Darkseid(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2018
If this would make banks especially useless Access Bank to stop stealing from us, then it's a welcomed development.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by larrywax: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2018
Why the jittery undecided? Let then step up their game!!
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by slightlyMad(f): 11:55am On Nov 26, 2018
Fuk it
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Goddyj(m): 11:57am On Nov 26, 2018
❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Xisnin(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2018
yerokunphilips:
This is a welcome development , anything that will the make banking sectors more competitive and effective is good to go .
No, this isn't good for us.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by bid4rich(m): 11:59am On Nov 26, 2018
GavelSlam:
Na Diamond Bank go hear am.

Its not true, ECOBANK will cry more.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Princedapace(m): 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
Has anyone noticed that it is rare to see northerners in private entrpirces doing well..

It is mainly people from south west and south east.. Then south south too.

Chaii, God really blessed the south of Nigeria with human resources.. It is mainly on govt agencies u begin to hear names like
Mohammed, Ibrahim, ahmed, etc.

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
Anything to make naija banks jittery is allowed. Competition is healthy for good business. How i wish this type of strategy was also used in the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by padi94(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
bid4rich:

Its not true, ECOBANK will cry more.

I dont know which bank will suffer but i know diamond bank won't the the owner of diamond bank is on the board of MTN. That was why DYA- diamond yellow account was created as a collaboration between diamond bank and MTN.

Me I just want to position myself for the employment this will bring.

I am an FOO for MTN in the Sim Reg unit. and its us they are using to implement the diamond yellow account. This news will be a big deal.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by afoltundeseun(m): 12:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
CaptainMitch:
PM me.

afoltundeseun

ID. 317732
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Jagaban880: 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by afoltundeseun(m): 12:23pm On Nov 26, 2018

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by udoka55555: 12:24pm On Nov 26, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
I wish they can be frustrated out of business. Useless Nigerian banks that employs 22 years and below. Now ASUU is on strike and later they will expect you to graduate before 20 years. How can older graduates survive? Youths are roaming the street without job. Graduates living like rats. Some have turned beggars just to survive. Research has shown that most youths in Nigeria today are hypertensive. Why won't they be? You will think of how to get a job without connection, how to solve very difficult GMAT questions and beat others in interviews and the unending recruitment stages for Nigerian firms, then you think of age, family will always call even if you don't have a job. The so called job hardly pay well. How then can you marry, raise your dream home, pay for decent accommodation. Out of frustration most graduates end up impregnating someone's daughter thinking wife and baby will bring favour not knowing that is when the main suffering begins.

its that GMAT that is the issue..
the questions just dey burst my brain

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by caprini1: 12:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
mtcheeeew..... something they've had in Ghana for over 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
I wish they can be frustrated out of business. Useless Nigerian banks that employs 22 years and below. Now ASUU is on strike and later they will expect you to graduate before 20 years. How can older graduates survive? Youths are roaming the street without job. Graduates living like rats. Some have turned beggars just to survive. Research has shown that most youths in Nigeria today are hypertensive. Why won't they be? You will think of how to get a job without connection, how to solve very difficult GMAT questions and beat others in interviews and the unending recruitment stages for Nigerian firms, then you think of age, family will always call even if you don't have a job. The so called job hardly pay well. How then can you marry, raise your dream home, pay for decent accommodation. Out of frustration most graduates end up impregnating someone's daughter thinking wife and baby will bring favour not knowing that is when the main suffering begins.

You dey vex Gaan ooo, what has their age limit for entry level, trainnee positions got to do with this??...beleive it or not, banks still remain the only sector reducing unemployment in this nation, with 24banks having morethan250 branches each across the nation...please do the maths and imagine how many mouths the sector is feeding putting into accounts the families attached to each employee. Now isn't that something??......
just because they didn't employ you or someone u know shouldn't make u conclude they are bad...every company has its policy and reason for those policy...
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by wakaawaka(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
MTN mobile money has been in Ghana for years now.. Naija backwardness no get size

And the people above me arguing about which bank will "cry" Una backwardness na high grade sapele weed standard.

Banks no go suffer nothing..U know y? No b everybody go trust a sim card to hold 100 million naira..

MTN is only going to be a Mobile Wallet. Where u can keep your thousands and few millions if you wish. And ever transaction will carry a big fee unlike banks. BANKS NO GER PROBLEM.

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by samlake(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Whatever will make the banks to sit-up is good. They are not effective. They are only good deducting your money...

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by kekakuz(m): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
wow. its finally here. the future. am sorry Nigerian banks, your end is here. go to Kenya and see what mobile money is doing

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by manikspears: 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2018
i no dey do.with what mtn is doing to my airtime? i no dey do.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by richiepolymer(m): 12:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
cheesy
As much as I am laughing right now at your comments I am in pain. My laugh is a reflection of the pain I feel inwardly about the reality that hits the Nigerian youths. Everything you've said is the true reality of things in Nigeria.

chrisifeanyi:
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by ogbolu0147(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
This is something that is common here in ivory coast....and the banks here are still in business...although its a welcome development... U will start to here things like MTN money, Glo money e.t.c ...it will definitely create employment and create a wake up call for the banks to think outside the box ..
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by pamibayo: 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
mobile money works fine in Uganda,so replicating such in Nigeria is a welcoming idea.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by georgeceekay: 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2018
It is wrong move to try to force our banks out of market.

The telecoms rather should be engaged in complimentary services with the banks because banks are to remain the strongest institution of an economy.

I wonder where we shall fall back on in case eventuality.

Greed always makes to destroy!
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by bankyblue(m): 1:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
chrisifeanyi:

Hahahahaahahahah
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by gbishman: 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
This is very good news, this is what I call healthy competition. Banks have become complacent in their operations failing to innovate.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by TheAlchemist: 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
I need a financial expert to school me on how this is going to affect the banking sector in term of workforce. Hope staffs won't get sacked in order to reduce workforce due to inability to pay staffs. I get too many good ppl working in banks and e no go make sense if dem loss their jobs. undecided

Is it about just going to work or being productive....
It is better most bank workers relocate to the farm and start adding real economic value, sadly we do not have a serious government to draw up the needed economic master plan to make this happen.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by rhames(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2018
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2018/11/banks-jittery-as-mtn-others-veer-into-mobile-banking/

The Giant of Africa is always coming late to the party, especially when the party is over. If we talk of transport, the New Moroccan Metro commissioned two week ago by French President is currently the best and fastest in Africa. If we talk of the best in terms of technology, it is a former war torn country called Rwanda, the best ICT capital in Africa. When the former CBN Governor Charles Soludo introduced his thirteen point agenda and implemented only four before throwing in the towel to political pressure, everyone including the masses of this country failed to see his intentions. I will even subscribe to the fact that MTN should send this banks out of existence as they are leeches feeding on free government money. Mind you, the mobile payment/money capital of Africa is Kenya. How have Nigerian banks fared in these term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
DaHrNn0001:
Well,its a good initiative but not with the current advanced knowledge Nigerians have... Mobile money is cool and easily accessible from any agent but hopefully it can stand the test of time because here in Ghana mobile money users vs bank users is 90/10 but out guys here are either robbing the agent or sending fake alert which makes the development skeptical

That why in-app transaction is preferable. for the Local agent make sure your are not in hurry to accept transaction w/o confirming online
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Yoighaman(m): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
The bankers' committee has been stifling this initiative since way back, they'd lobby the CBN again and wouldn't allow it happen. The development although a good one is dangerous to the banking industry, it is however very customer centric.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Madeu(m): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
BIGTinfotech:
Technovation. The telecoms sector has to find a way to sustain itself.

They've been the most affected with the social media wave. Airtime sales are only used for data, people no longer make long calls except for business. Some business owners even make WhatsApp calls to cut down on cost.

Now tell me why won't they think outside the box for sustainability. "Necessity they say is..."
This is never "think outside the box" as suggested by you. Mobile banking service offered by telecom coy is an old service, of which MTN is making a late entrant. This shows how terrible the quality of MTN board in bringing new products.
I'd like Google pay app to support Nigerian mobile banking operations cos MTN is known to render poor service.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by EARN: 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
what a story .....life is full of ups & down, focus on the End its always ends well.
chrisifeanyi:
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Madeu(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
Yoighaman:
The bankers' committee has been stifling this initiative since way back, they'd lobby the CBN again and wouldn't allow it happen. The development although a good one is dangerous to the banking industry, it is however very customer centric.
I see no danger in this. In all your bank account will be connected to the mobile banking app. This will increase the level of financial inclusion in the country and curb cash-based transactions. The bank still benefits hugely.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Has Successfully Paid For Facebook Ads In Naira? / No Going Back On Relocation Of Computer Village, Says Lagos Government / US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.