Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking (24685 Views)

Dangote, MTN, Others Lose N1.7 Trillion To Naira Depreciation / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / Banks Jittery Over Teleology’s Pullout From 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by princestars(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
valdes00:
With the way all this network providers dey deduct my airtime over rubbish things wey i no subscribe to, I cant trust them with my money....
Na to leave airtime enter my account balance ... I go just siddon dey receive alert...
#200 was deducted for subcribing to GAMEZONE..
Wetin be gamezone, who sub am....
This new idea, even though it sounds OK is a NO NO for me

hahahhahahhaha
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
Princedapace:
Has anyone noticed that it is rare to see northerners in private entrpirces doing well..

It is mainly people from south west and south east.. Then south south too.

Chaii, God really blessed the south of Nigeria with human resources.. It is mainly on govt agencies u begin to hear names like
Mohammed, Ibrahim, ahmed, etc.

That's because we don't show off & secondly leave you cave in the deepest part of Biafra or d south west & come north, observe, then judge
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Princedapace(m): 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
Jiang:

That's because we don't show off & secondly leave you cave in the deepest part of Biafra or d south west & come north, observe, then judge

This is not about making noise. I hardly read news and hear the CEO of top private firms to be from north..

It is rare bro.. Very rare. I mean go and check out some of the top startsup in Nigeria, they are mostly founded by southern Nigerians..

But once it is federal govt agencies now, u begin to hear Mohammed, Ahmed, Yusuf, etc..
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by karlboss: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
I think the questions in our minds should be how do the common man also take advantage of this PSB law to make money and also give youths like us opportunity. Any ideas please share

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by dangoteinlaw: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
The moment bank ussd and mobile money started that's where the telecom coys realized the 21st banking system revolves around them. Imagine instead of going to the bank to save and withdraw or have to get deducted just because it is a 2party system bw bank and Telcom, now there will be only one coy(Telcom) handling all transactions so that will reduce fees. This will also increase competitions and boost efficiency of transactions.

I just pity all these undergraduate accountants coz their future no clear again grin grin

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2018
Princedapace:

This is not about making noise. I hardly read news and hear the CEO of top private firms to be from north..

It is rare bro.. Very rare. I mean go and check out some of the top startsup in Nigeria, they are mostly founded by southern Nigerians..

But once it is federal govt agencies now, u begin to hear Mohammed, Ahmed, Yusuf, etc..

Lol....ok you are right, I get the point

1 Like

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Sleekfingers: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
I need a financial expert to school me on how this is going to affect the banking sector in term of workforce. Hope staffs won't get sacked in order to reduce workforce due to inability to pay staffs. I get too many good ppl working in banks and e no go make sense if dem loss their jobs. undecided

Of course....alot of people will loss their jobs...
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
Until you can use Paypal or Payoneer to connect to your Nigerian sim mobile wallet then the technology is behind schedule.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by AFONJACOW(m): 3:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
Wow this is good news, so MTN will borrow me $1m while I refund partly anytime I bought airtime or MB..
I'm already potting To BANK MTN cheesy
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by zoedew: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
Fine! Nigerian banks can now focus on partnering with business people to grow the economy by granting access to loans.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by maasoap(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
I wish they can be frustrated out of business. Useless Nigerian banks that employs 22 years and below. Now ASUU is on strike and later they will expect you to graduate before 20 years. How can older graduates survive? Youths are roaming the street without job. Graduates living like rats. Some have turned beggars just to survive. Research has shown that most youths in Nigeria today are hypertensive. Why won't they be? You will think of how to get a job without connection, how to solve very difficult GMAT questions and beat others in interviews and the unending recruitment stages for Nigerian firms, then you think of age, family will always call even if you don't have a job. The so called job hardly pay well. How then can you marry, raise your dream home, pay for decent accommodation. Out of frustration most graduates end up impregnating someone's daughter thinking wife and baby will bring favour not knowing that is when the main suffering begins.

Lol. Wife will bring luck. And if she doesn't, the child will bring it. When both fail to bring luck, the man will start venting anger and frustration on them. It is not easy man.
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by alezzy13: 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
Am I missing something here? I thought mobile money was already in operation.

The MTN collaboration with diamond Bank, the three digit sms codes for banking operations, etc

Isn't that what mobile banking is all about?
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Judahudoh: 7:49pm On Nov 26, 2018
Time up!

Scammers are about to loose business...

Bank ni....

Let them continue their deductions uninterested attitude with organised scam
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by sexdoll: 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
Sleekfingers:

Of course....alot of people will loss their jobs...

Lose their jobs, not loss their jobs.

Seriously, I wonder where some of you guys learn your own English.

Na wa o!
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by Sleekfingers: 11:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
sexdoll:

Lose their jobs, not loss their jobs.

Seriously, I wonder where some of you guys learn your own English.

Na wa o!

My mistake

Na north Korea I learn my English...slowpoke...is that how to correct a mistake..mr lecturer
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by grandstar(m): 1:29am On Nov 27, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
I wish they can be frustrated out of business. Useless Nigerian banks that employs 22 years and below. Now ASUU is on strike and later they will expect you to graduate before 20 years. How can older graduates survive? Youths are roaming the street without job. Graduates living like rats. Some have turned beggars just to survive. Research has shown that most youths in Nigeria today are hypertensive. Why won't they be? You will think of how to get a job without connection, how to solve very difficult GMAT questions and beat others in interviews and the unending recruitment stages for Nigerian firms, then you think of age, family will always call even if you don't have a job. The so called job hardly pay well. How then can you marry, raise your dream home, pay for decent accommodation. Out of frustration most graduates end up impregnating someone's daughter thinking wife and baby will bring favour not knowing that is when the main suffering begins.

The banks are not really at fault!

Presently it is an employer's market due to the very high unemployment rate so businesses can afford to be choosy.

The solution to the problem is fast economic growth of at least 8% a year. At 7% rate, the economy is able to provide just enough jobs for those joining the labour yearly. That means it just maintains the unemployment rate and does not bring it down

During Buhari's tenure, the economy has barely grown on average 0.6% yearly, meaning the economy has been far off from creating jobs

Actually in the first 3 years from 2015-2017, there were massive layoffs as the economy contracted!

Growth faster than 7% starts to create more jobs than those entering the labour force yearly thereby eating into the unemployment rate.

The faster the growth, the more jobs are created China was growing on the a average of 9% for about 30 years

If fast growth is consistent, the labour pool will begin to thin and employers will lose the edge they now have

There was a time Chinese labour cost was rising by 20% a year. Companies would be less choosy.

Also note that labour scarcity might appear sooner for some class of employees or some sectors

If industries are booming for instance, there'll be an increase in demand for engineers. Scarcity of engineers may pop up.

2 Likes

Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by sexdoll: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2018
Sleekfingers:

My mistake

Na north Korea I learn my English...slowpoke...is that how to correct a mistake..mr lecturer

a fool at 40 is a fool forever!
Re: Banks Jittery As MTN, Others Veer Into Mobile Banking by justdollars: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2018
Why u talk so?
GavelSlam:
Na Diamond Bank go hear am.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Start Playing Baba Ijebu / No Going Back On Relocation Of Computer Village, Says Lagos Government / US$1 Now Exchanges for N241: Where Is Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.