Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (73413 Views)

Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria And How Much They Pay / Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by clintino700(m): 8:40pm On Nov 26, 2018
The figures u give are over exaggerated...
Can't explain further but they are not the right figures for a graduate entry level..

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by lonelydora: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
JARUSHUB:
Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

Source: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

Very true. According to how they pay.

This list is for Engineers oooooo. Administrative staffs do not get this high but you will be comfortable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by kimnicki(f): 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
ojmetrix:

with God all things are possible

I know right!! We go dey alright!!

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
You no mention Lubrisac oil super HD and TONIMAS oil
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by mayorjohnholt(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
Na connection joor, just get certificate
IjebuWarrior:

Go back to school and study hard! cool
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by thepussyking(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
CXLVII:
None pays like money rituals
You are bless my son.
spit.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by lonelydora: 8:46pm On Nov 26, 2018
ednut1:
Before u resume one of them hammers u 5m upfront to delete every trace of poverty from ur life grin

After training, before you resume in any of them, you get not less than 15million to delete every trace of poverty

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by chrisifeanyi: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
joshuaidibia:
No mind the guy. I had to look at my total id card to see if it's the same total he's talking about or I'm working in Minus E&P lol

Are u 2face brother?
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by IbrahimDamola: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
Okoyeebo:
Alakoba
You people should stop posting all these things online
Our friends and enemies would start disturbing us now.

There is a reason an oil worker would never tell you his salary.

Segun, you sef wey dey hardly chop 3 square meals per day. You wey dey use alternate handle take beg NLders for alms sef dey claim 'oil and gas worker'?

Bwahahahahaha! You wan take laugh wound persin? Chei!

grin grin

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by clems88(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
Baba God.... undecided I don fast, pray I no see better job embarassed but some yeye people wey never hold bible before are collecting this kain money Hmm. Abi does God not see my hustle embarassed . life is really unfair walahi

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
joshuaidibia:
wrong. I work in Total E&P in ph and your figure is wrong. I've been here for 2 years now. 25million you say? Lol. You're wrong man.
pls how can I get a job in an oil company.... how did u get the job??

6 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Halo22: 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
May God help man pikin. No wonder my cousin was able to buy a house in VGC within just a space of one year after securing a job with ExxonMobil. He didn't even study oil related course.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
nigerfine:
in oil and gas orientation, they educate you not to tell people how richly paid you are, they say do not expose yourself and make less freinds. drop some of your old friends. this is true.... they told us
How did u get a job there pls??
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
sholatech:
At Entry level, these are damn attractive!

His payment is not across board....and no entry level gets 22M per annum.....salary are usually almost the same around 400k per month depending on unit, e.g, lab operations for chemical engineers, biotechnologist, industrial chemist,. Then mechanical, then HR and financial operations.....
The ones that gets extra pay to the are the ones that receive off shore and out of station allowance in addition to risk allowance running to 800k....
Don't get it twisted...oil comaony have contract staff too that don't get more than 180k-200k

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
lonelydora:

After training, before you resume in any of them, you get not less than 15million to delete every trace of poverty
How do I get a job der naww
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
chrisifeanyi:

Are u 2face brother?
No sir. I'm a Deltan, born and raised in Ph.

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
elegantslayer:
pls how can I get a job in an oil company.... how did u get the job??
God and long leg. But it's God. Cause many people with long leg ends up not getting.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 9:02pm On Nov 26, 2018
1StopRudeness:

His payment is not across board....and no entry level gets 22M per annum.....salary are usually almost the same around 400k per month depending on unit, e.g, lab operations for chemical engineers, biotechnologist, industrial chemist,. Then mechanical, then HR and financial operations.....
The ones that gets extra pay to the are the ones that receive off shore and out of station allowance in addition to risk allowance running to 800k....
Don't get it twisted...oil comaony have contract staff too that don't get more than 180k-200k
how do I get a job der
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 9:04pm On Nov 26, 2018
joshuaidibia:
God and long leg. But it's God. Cause many people with long leg ends up not getting.
can't u be of help since u work there

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by MARKETfund: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
Okoyeebo:
Alakoba
You people should stop posting all these things online
Our friends and enemies would start disturbing us now.

There is a reason an oil worker would never tell you his salary.

Lol are you really that secretive and stingy?
I have one of my guy like that always speaking in hush tones during outdoor time out

Everyone one is an evedroper & kidnapper even the waitercheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by SIRTee15: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
chloride6:

Entry level at Seplat is around 12m.

I'm sure because I saw the offer letter myself.
With the fall in oil price....
Are u sure...
Cos I heard they retrenched quite a lot of their workers...
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by abnot: 9:16pm On Nov 26, 2018
chloride6:

Entry level at Seplat is around 12m.

I'm sure because I saw the offer letter myself.

It’s not entry level sir . My former flat mate worked at seplat HR. 12m is what level 12 earns. In seplat entry level is 16 and each promotion brings down the level by 1 .

6 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by hadura29(m): 9:25pm On Nov 26, 2018
[quote author=JARUSHUB post=73317498]Despite the debate about the continued relevance of oil and the turbulence in the global oil and gas industry, upstream oil and gas remains the highest paying industry in Nigeria

In this article, we present the top 7 highest paying oil and gas companies in Nigeria based on our research:

1. TOTAL: Total Upstream (Total Exploration & Production) is the highest paying oil and gas company in Nigeria. An entry level graduate earns more than N25,000,000 per annum as gross pay.

2. CHEVRON: The American oil company pays more than N22,000,000 per annum to a fresh recruit at entry level position.

3. EXXONMOBIL: Exxon comes joint second with Chevron in the ranking of highest paying international oil companies in Nigeria. The IOC pays a fresh graduate, like its American sister, Chevron, pays fresh graduates about N22,000,000 gross per annum.

4. SHELL: Entry level permanent staff at Anglo-Dutch giants, Royal Dutch Shell, starts with a gross pay that is circa N19,000,000 per annum.

5. AGIP: Italian giant, Agip (or NAOC – Nigeria Agip Oil Company), pays entry level recruits more than N18,000,000 per annum.

6. ADDAX: The Chinese multinational oil company is the highest paying non-IOC in Nigeria. It come next to the big 5. Entry level graduates earn not less than N16,000,000 per annum.

7. SEPLAT: The only indigenous company on the list, graduate hires at Seplat gross around N12,000,000 per annum, making them the highest paying Nigerian oil company for entry level positions.
For most of these companies, engineers that work offshore also get extra pay in addition to other performance bonuses.

Source: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria

[/quote

Downstream and upstream, are they on the same salary scale?

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by malachytochukwu(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
That's why here in PH SARS and their sisters don't molest young people driving very expensive cars ....they will just assume that the guy maybe working in one of these companies... This is not the case in some other Cities like Warri etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by joshuaidibia(m): 9:32pm On Nov 26, 2018
elegantslayer:
can't u be of help since u work there
I'll be lying if I say I can. Just two years here. And I have a younger brother soon to get through with service. Please understand.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
elegantslayer:
how do I get a job der

You are asking me??

Go and apply ooooo...that's the first step

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 9:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
joshuaidibia:
I'll be lying if I say I can. Just two years here. And I have a younger brother soon to get through with service. Please understand.
OK,nice of u...but link me with how u got d job was it through an agent...mind u am a civil engineering student in her finals, just preparing down
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 9:52pm On Nov 26, 2018
1StopRudeness:

You are asking me??
Go and apply ooooo...that's the first step
how do I apply plss

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by xlanda: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
elegantslayer:
OK,nice of u...but link me with how u got d job was it through an agent...mind u am a civil engineering student in her finals, just preparing down
be careful

7 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by chloride6: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2018
abnot:

It’s not entry level sir . My former flat mate worked at seplat HR. 12m is what level 12 earns. In seplat entry level is 16 and each promotion brings down the level by 1 .

Stop arguing.

I saw the offer letter myself.

The seplat thread is still open. You can go there and confirm yourself.
Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2018
xlanda:
be careful
of what pls

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Highest Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria by euphoria: 10:05pm On Nov 26, 2018
To those doubting, I can tell you multinational Oil & Gas companies pay about N20M on the average (Gross pay) as Entry level total package.

Don't confuse monthly pay with total package. Some of them pay as much as 50% as upfront payment. For example, 8M can be paid as Upfront while the remaining 12M is paid at 1M per month.

Hope this clarifies!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Working For Access Bank That Bad? / Central Bank Of Nigeria Salary Scale: How Much Does CBN Pay Staff? / Kayode Richie-Kay Oliva, EFCC Official Owns Wood Processing/Supplying Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.