Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria (10660 Views)

How Profitable Pepper Farming Is In Nigeria / One Hectare of Egusi Farming, Is it Advisable to do, Opinion Urgently Needed / Farming is not for men only. Be a proud female famer. By A Nairalander (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Adieza(m): 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2018
Farming in Nigeria has taken a dramatic turn to better directions in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for Entrepreneurs who dare to go into farming Business.

Millionaires are currently being made every year through Farming in Nigeria and there is no end to the prospects of creating more and more wealth through farming in the coming years.

There are good reasons why farming in Nigeria is currently doing very well and understanding these reasons will help any serious entrepreneur (no matter where he comes from) to think seriously about setting up Farm in Nigeria.
(1) There is no any other African country where Farming is as viable as it should be in Nigeria in terms of productivity and profitability.
(2) There is no other country where farmers are more advantaged as they are in Nigeria as regards demands.

Top 5 Reasons Why Farming In Nigeria Is Irresistible
(1) Nigeria has a huge population of over 150 Million people, twice more than the populations of Zimbabwe and South Africa combined. The entire population of Nigeria depends on staple foods produced from farms and other farm produces for their daily meals and sustenance — and more than 80 percent of Nigerians buy their Farm Produce from the market.

(2) Nigeria has very large expanses of fertile farmlands laying fallow for nothing. Nigeria Land area when measured in sq km is about 910,770. The Land area of any country is the country’s total area, excluding areas that are considered to be water bodies.

So, Nigeria has one of the biggest expanse of Land in Africa of which 70 percent is available for Farming.

(3) Nigerian Government is seriously turning it’s attention to promoting Farming in Nigeria to help boost food productions in the country and minimize foods importation.

The government is willing to assist any would be Farming entrepreneur/investors with the necessary supports and logistics.

(4) Nigerians have very high purchasing power, far more than any other indigenous Africans — we buy things here and we pay cash! Talk about parties, Nigeria is the most merriment people on earth — the foods used for parties and merriment in Nigeria yearly can feed four other African countries.

(5) By the time Nigeria attain it’s full capacity utilization is agriculture, Farming in Nigeria will become great foreign currency earner more than as it already is.
The implication is that Nigerian Farmers will be able to earn in Naira and in Dollars as well as Euros and Pound Sterling.
The prospect for Farming in Nigeria is so high that only a fool will ignore it.

http://www.agricinfo.com/2017/03/top-5-reasons-why-farming-in-nigeria-is.html?m=0&fbclid=IwAR0DbWv5icLZqGjjEZgmFAexuy3GYTBMuhr7MZ8mJbX6Wbt8lWh91F8tz6o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Segunade10: 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2018
smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by hisexcellency34: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
You must have good money and education to enjoy farming in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by CheapDataGuy: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
my question is, can one fully go into farming without having another that brings money??
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by RealEstateTek: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2018
I wish individual mechanized farming is well encouraged and supported by Government in Nigeria.

A million thanks to the guy below, I discovered so much other useful info on the website.
BackToLife:

Everybody needs to know this:
https://www.nairaland.com/4868712/check-how-stop-spending-much

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by jeeqaa7(m): 5:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
Farming is an exciting endeavour .
patience and precision important
what to farm is also important ..
crop, livestock, animals and even president's as the case may be..
but in all we are farming .
we have plant species to choose from right now ,
be it buhari papaya, or atiku indices, or even sowore sativa
we have but a choice to make , one seed goes in
4 years is not so far off ,
either we pull you out with all your root
or we chop a few careless branches
either way ..
the Electorate is most powerful .

YOU with that PVC are most powerful ....

but my people dont know .

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2018
Farming is good. Good business.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by derok7273: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2018
On paper its good. If you can weather the storms, it is a money spinner though. Just know that government isn't going to help you.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by OmoManU: 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
I did Cassava last year with my hard earned money and got my hand burnt. The country still has a long way to go.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by KBDOT(m): 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2018
Only if you have money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
Op i like what you said but remember agriculture is not for the weak.... It may look easy theorically but in practice..... Sha kudos to all those farmers out there, your labour will not be in vain
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Ajibesin: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
OmoManU:
I did Cassava last year with my hard earned money and got my hand burnt. The country still has a long way to go.

Care to share what happened ?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by uc4uandc(f): 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2018
If it's not mechanised..... U will suffer much n may reap little.
Agriculture is very stressful without money......that was how my friend lost over 200+ fish in one day. NEPA brought light so he flushed d dirty water away as he was about to pump water into his pond, NEPA took d light..... He rushed to on his Gen, but the coil had problem. Generator on but no supply of electricity. He could not borrow cos his neighbours were away. He finally rented a Gen.... And over 200 a month old fish died.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
True
The more reason we are staying cool with snail farming. You too can get started with the help of our training/mentorship programmes. You can get breeders & giant snails, snail calcium supplement, etc.

+2348053363999

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by potosky: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
uc4uandc:
Agriculture is very stressful without money......that was how my friend lost over 200+ fish in one day. NEPA brought light so he flushed d dirty water away as he was about to pump water into his pond, NEPA took d light..... He rushed to on his Gen, but the coil had problem. Generator on but no supply of electricity. He could not borrow cos his neighbours were away. He finally rented a Gen.... And over 200 a month old fish died.
sad
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by OmoManU: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ajibesin:

Care to share what happened ?

Long story but baseline, Cassava market massively got bad that to recoup capital even is wa.....Last year price per tonne was around 25k but this year much more under 15k, guess you get the drift now
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by bigcasava1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
u only succeeded in deceiving other countries, but myself and others who know of a truth that buhari has put tis country into abject poverty wl not buy tis write up.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by yrex01(m): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2018
Wish to become a farmer soon
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Avedonn: 6:22pm On Nov 26, 2018
uc4uandc:

And that your friend couldn't pour water on them even a little before going to look for where to rent a generator?

He simply lost his fish due carelessness.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Ajibesin: 6:28pm On Nov 26, 2018
OmoManU:

Long story but baseline, Cassava market massively got bad that to recoup capital even is wa.....Last year price per tonne was around 25k but this year much more under 15k, guess you get the drift now

Wow,sorry to hear, is the price based on your location or buyers? In Oyo, we sold for 30k/ tonne and between 170k and 200k for a load of cabstar to private org.
I am looking to find foreign buyers next year season, I heard they buy at higher rates

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by bluefilm: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Farming is very good... for those who enjoy it.

As for me, I enjoy coding.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by mozek24: 7:11pm On Nov 26, 2018
Farming is not profitable in Nigeria, especially to those privileged to have had a good work experience.

If you use hoe and cutlass to farm, I pity you, you are just working in vain

I challenge anybody to prove me wrong

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by OmoManU: 7:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
Ajibesin:

Wow,sorry to hear, is the price based on your location or buyers? In Oyo, we sold for 30k/ tonne and between 170k and 200k for a load of cabstar to private org.
I am looking to find foreign buyers next year season, I heard they buy at higher rates
Which part of Oyo sir and when was that
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 7:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
mozek24:
Farming is not profitable in Nigeria, especially to those privileged to have had a good work experience.

If you use hoe and cutlass to farm, I pity you, you are just working in vain

I challenge anybody to prove me wrong
You're talking from experience, sir? How come we've reading a lot of success stories.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hmmm . . .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by Ajibesin: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2018
OmoManU:

Which part of Oyo sir and when was that

April and August this year.
Iseyin and Lalupon
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by gentlegenius(m): 8:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
IMASTEX:
True
The more reason we are staying cool with snail farming. You too can get started with the help of our training/mentorship programmes. You can get breeders & giant snails, snail calcium supplement, etc.

+2348053363999
I'm very much interested in this...
I just copied the number.
I don't know where you are, but I'm in Akwa Ibom.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Farming Is Attractive In Nigeria by leadword(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2018
my brother,I can tell you capital yes, you can make millions in a year,am into farming I can proudly say that no sector has potential of making money than agriculture,I can give you 10 agricbusiness you can do btw a year to second year you will build a house unless you don't want.inbox me if you want to learn

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Successfuly Start Onion Farming In Southern Nigeria / 'Agriculture Is Working In Nigeria' - Agric Minister / How Many Bags Of Fertilizers Are Needed For 1 Hectare Of Maize?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.