Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation (741 Views)

I Didn’t Graduate As A Virgin - Madonna University Graduate Counters Founder / ICAN Unveils ICAN University, Nigeria's First Accounting University / Hafsat Jalila Adamu Graduates With First Class From American University, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
HOW MADONNA UNIVERSITY VIOLATES THE RIGHTS OF HER STUDENTS

The name Madonna university if you ask us the students on ground here is synonymous with human rights abuses. The school is a place where students are used for things you can never imagine.
For instance, whenever there is a spiritual programme at the pilgrimage centre owed by the Funder of Madonna , academic activities are usually stopped in all the campuses and students are forcefully dragged down to Elele and are presented to the visiting White people as pilgrims. They are number one in crowd hiring

As long as these activities last, all the students are made to remain in the open leading to many cases of ill health. This in turn generates a lot of revenue for the Madonna Teaching Hospital as students troop to it in their thousands

Within this said period too, students are not allowed to go back to the hostel to cook their food thereby compelling them to feed from the canteens in the pilgrimage centre therefore, again extorting them of money since the over large population use to make the cost of food to be too expensive.. There are cases where some students use to go hungry for days during such celebrations either because they don't have money to buy food or the number of people is too big for the food sellers to handle.

At present, girls have become an endangered specie as everything you put on must land you into trouble. What is shocking is the act of tearing off publicly from female students cloths that are termed indecent.

There are also cases where students who are critically sick are refused the permission to travel home but rather compelled to go to the University Teaching hospital where you are told to pay before service and in the event that you don't have the money , you are left in your condition.

The new way of extortion is where a group of young men called supervisors who are said to be in charge of everyone come to your room at midnight to search for incriminating items. Where one is found they place before you the option of expulsion of getting them heavily paid. In the the most recent case, these young men got a girl stripped in the name of searching for a camera phone which is prohibited in Madonna as way of preventing students from reporting abuses with concrete evidence.

It may also interest Nigerians to know that the University has a prison in all the security unit in all campuses where students who have issues with the management are locked up and brought out from time to time for questioning.

By way of preventing students from leaving the school, they have made the undergraduate transcript 500,000 . In this way, those who have real financial reasons not to continue in a private school end u dropping out.

All that I have pointed out here is verifiable and I therefore call on concerned Nigerians to come to our aid. I call on students and graduate who have suffered these abuses to speak out. I call on Alumini not to be silent in a time like this

Whenever I look at all the happenings in this University I am usually left with no option than to ask where are all these people who parade themselves as human rights activists ? Are Nigerian laws meant for some and not all? How can we claim we have end slavery in the world when Madonna still stands with her inhuman rules and regulations?

Details on more serious issues will come up soon
Re: Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2018
Space booked.Lalasticlala
Re: Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by darfay: 12:22am On Nov 27, 2018
What a joke for a university
Re: Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by mercenary: 12:33am On Nov 27, 2018
This is sooo true... My colleague once said the same thing about that school, she also mentioned one Father Ede as the main culprit behind all the inhumane treatment
Re: Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by dingbang(m): 6:07am On Nov 27, 2018
Prison inside prison, that's double incarceration grin

Anyways If you are a Madonna student and you are reading this, please kindly read your books and graduate grin what were you expecting me to say? cheesy
Re: Madonna University Nigeria And Human Rights Violation by DrayZee: 7:57am On Nov 27, 2018
You have to either endure it or pull out, because, to be realistic, there's not much you can do about it.
If you take to Twitter to make your ordeal known, people will most likely laugh it off since it's a private university and ask "who sent you there?".
If you take it legal, you might not have much luck there either. The legal process is slow and expensive and an institution like Madonna could probably sweep your matter under the carpet before you even begin to make any progress.

Sorry about your ordeal. You've even deleted your account so they won't find you. Sigh.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Speaks On 2019 UTME, Confirms When Exam Will Start / FUOYE Admission Screening Exercise For 2019 Begins / This Where The Things I Did While I Was In School To Pay My School Fees..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.