Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital (2724 Views)

RCCG Church Built Under High Tension Mast In Lagos (Video, Photos) / Catholic Church Built By Ifeanyi Araraume In Imo State (Photos) / Prophet TB Joshua Reveals The Cause Of World Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2018
I think building a 7.7 billion naira church was excessive when the money could have built Church, university, industries etc

100000 capacity church when we have stadium is needless but then again church is a profitable business.

can u imagine 100000 members sowing a seed of 10k on average ie 1,000,000,000 lol that is 1 billion already.
grin grin grin

Sunday offerings never come ooo

The Almighty tithe is not yet calculated oooo

nothing can be more profitable as u can see except may be politics

one politician member since it's in Abuja can even sow seed of 50 million.

The general overseers know what they are doing sha

seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
FP pls

3 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Drakkernoir: 8:08am On Nov 27, 2018
I swear, religion really is the problem of this world!!

3 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2018
Drakkernoir:
I swear, religion really is the problem of this world!!

Especially Africa

7 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by chiefolododo(m): 8:24am On Nov 27, 2018
You are saying trash.Nigeria is the world poverty capital therefore the church should be financing her? The government cannot finance public universities ,the church should take up the responsibility? The church should employ people while the government is doing nothing about unemployment?Did you vote for pastors or politicians?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Vatsyayana: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2018
chiefolododo:
You are saying trash.Nigeria is the world poverty capital therefore the church should be financing her? The government cannot finance public universities ,the church should take up the responsibility? The church should employ people while the government is doing nothing about unemployment?Did you vote for pastors or politicians?

I don't blame the builders of the church,I blame govts who approved the building. No country with development on it's mind would encourage uncomtrolled building of churches at the expense of factories and industries...

7 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Mariangeles(f): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2018
ogawisdom:
I think building a 7.7 billion naira church was excessive when the money could have built Church, university, industries etc

100000 capacity church when we have stadium is needless but then again church is a profitable business.

can u imagine 100000 members sowing a seed of 10k on average ie 1,000,000,000 lol that is 1 billion already.
grin grin grin

seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
FP pls
You could have seen it from a different perspective that if a Church could achieve such feat, how much more a country like Nigeria should be able to provide the basic amenities for her citizens....

But no, you chose to be blinded by HATE AND BITTERNESS FOR THE CHURCH !

4 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by chiefolododo(m): 8:38am On Nov 27, 2018
Vatsyayana:

I don't blame the builders of the church,I blame govts who approved the building. No country with development on it's mind would encourage uncomtrolled building of churches at the expense of factories and industries...
Antichrist

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by donbachi(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2018
As if those that go to babalawos goes with empty hands...today,babalawosno longer live in bushes or muld houses and wear rags smelling like a slaughter house.rather,they drive jeeps,goes on vacations,uses all manners of gadgets,sleeps your wives and girlfriends that goes visiting them,lives in well furnished houses with their shrines in airconditioned rooms...nobody complained.you didn't tell them to build you schools,hospitals and industries.but,once it involves men of God,we are fast in condemning them...mostly by christians...shame on you.

2 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2018
Mariangeles:
You could have seen it from a different perspective that if a Church could achieve such feat, how much more a country like Nigeria should be able to provide the basic amenities for her citizens....

But no, you chose to be blinded by HATE AND BITTERNESS FOR THE CHURCH !

most sensible churches now build world class universities with top class teaching hospitals plus industries. I have nothing against building churches but not one that will take 7.7billion especially when many of its members are jobless and starving

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2018
chiefolododo:

u r really chiefolodo

Sensible churches are doing these already the Catholic and Anglican churches have schools primary to university, hospital and industries which has given millions jobs already.

There is private sector in every economy and that is where the church comes in

3 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ifenes(m): 9:25am On Nov 27, 2018
The rich needs the poor to stay rich.

3 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by HigherEd: 11:28am On Nov 27, 2018
Lol comparing apples and oranges.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by uboma(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2018
What happened to building standard missionary schools for children to learn?

What happened to looking after the needy in the society?

Spending that much to build a Church is a waste of resources which should have been channeled into improving the lives of the ordinary masses in the society.

The government should start collecting taxes from religious bodies.

4 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by HigherEd: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
Vatsyayana:

Are you even serious at all. In what way is churches being built in expense of factories. Pls i would like you to lecture me.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by spongeisback: 12:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
Yet again with this government blah blah blah. Shebi your "government" was special guest at the opening of this monstrosity, why did your holy pastor invite those that are keeping his members in poverty? Why did he give them the best seats? Why did he take their donations when he knows very well where it's coming from? Why did he accept the land from the government when he knew the real owners didn't want to sell? Your so called pastors are parasites they only want to survive on the host but they contribute nothing. Have you ever asked why all the churches in Nigeria only build schools?! They build schools so the money will keep circulating within.
chiefolododo:
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by HigherEd: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
uboma:
What happened to building standard missionary schools for children to learn?

What happened to looking after the needy in the society?

Spending that much to build a Church is a waste of resources which should have been channeled into improving the lives of the ordinary masses in the society.

The government should start collecting taxes from religious bodies.
You are deceiving yourself. The church of Jesus will never be taxed in Nigeria. Even the US can't tax churches talkless of a corrupt government of Nigeria.

When you hear 100,000 congregation you are talking about politicians, judges and many more people that directly influence happenings in this country.
And i assure you we would frustrate every single plan to frustrate the church.
The Pentecostals are growing in numbers while you keep waging your tongue in futility. Nigeria and everyother Nation is a tool for the Church, the Church would never be a tool of any country.

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by spongeisback: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
This church is laughable and anybody with sense knows that Paul eneche cannot sustain this building in the next couple of years, soon this building will be leased out for "worldly activities" so money can be gotten to maintain it. Anyone want to bet?!
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by princfred(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
HigherEd:
You are deceiving yourself. The church of Jesus will never be taxed in Nigeria. Even the US can't tax churches talkless of a corrupt government of Nigeria.

When you hear 100,000 congregation you are talking about politicians, judges and many more people that directly influence happenings in this country.
The Pentecostals are growing in numbers while you keep waging your tongue in futility. Nigeria and everyother Nation is a tool for the Church, the Church would never be a tool of any country.

Did you read the first three points? Influence it by following practical examples of the church leaders by talking nice then using contributions by society to build private project abi because that's what politicians observe Church leaders do and replicate. The Church is the society a flawed church a flawed society.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by HigherEd: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
spongeisback:
Yet again with this government blah blah blah. Shebi your "government" was special guest at the opening of this monstrosity, why did your holy pastor invite those that are keeping his members in poverty? Why did he give them the best seats? Why did he take their donations when he knows very well where it's coming from? Why did he accept the land from the government when he knew the real owners didn't want to sell? Your so called pastors are parasites they only want to survive on the host but they contribute nothing. Have you ever asked why all the churches in Nigeria only build schools?! They build schools so the money will keep circulating within.
Hogwash
Honour must be given to who it deserves. The leaders you appointed may be of questionable character but they are the ones you elected. Oyedepo does not like buhari but certain things cant be done without inviting Buhari to Canaanland. Whether he comes is a matter of his choice. It wasn't winners nor dunamis that selwcted your leaders. So deal with it.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by spongeisback: 2:44pm On Nov 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Hogwash
Honour must be given to who it deserves. The leaders you appointed may be of questionable character but they are the ones you elected. Oyedepo does not like buhari but certain things cant be done without inviting Buhari to Canaanland. Whether he comes is a matter of his choice. It wasn't winners nor dunamis that selwcted your leaders. So deal with it.

I know you support this con men because you believe one day you will be like them. They didn't select the leaders but they influence their followers to vote their preferred candidates or have you forgotten the gates of hell threat by that screeching bald headed vulture called Oledepo?! Or the selective outrage from Paul eneche? Keep supporting them maybe one day you will have your own members funded business center. grin

3 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by uboma(m): 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Drop sentiment aside and reason with your mind.

Jesus Christ even encouraged his Apostles to pay what belongs to the government......

If the religious bodies are to be exempted from paying taxes, then whatever donations they receive should be taxed.

As the Nigerian government is corrupt, same can be said for most religious bodies today.

Your last sentence as quoted above portrays you as an extremist...

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Metuh: 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
ogawisdom:

grin grin grin

seun
lalasticlala
mynd44
FP pls
How many road have you as an individual built or repaired?

How many industries and factories have you built?

Who is the church? Aren't they humans like you?

Oga Wisdom is very far from you abeg.

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by uboma(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
spongeisback:
This church is laughable and anybody with sense knows that Paul eneche cannot sustain this building in the next couple of years, soon this building will be leased out for "worldly activities" so money can be gotten to maintain it. Anyone want to bet?!

I hold a different opinion though. There are so many gullible Nigerians in our midst who will do whatever their religious leader ask from them. We have heard where some Civil Servants donated huge sums of money to the Church. These monies are huge that during the entire lifetime as a Civil Servant, he/she cannot earn that much from their salaries.

We have also seen some women who were brainwashed by their religious leaders and had to donate monies to the Church without the knowledge of their spouses.

The list is endless and also applies to Mosques as well.

My point is, these gullible individuals will do anything to sustain the flamboyant lifestyles of their religious leaders and their places of worship.

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by jom28gy(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
This same people will accused government of reckless spending
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by spongeisback: 3:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
Europe was once like Africa. One day people will revolt and the brainwashed once in our midst would not be able to fund their extravagant lifestyle.
uboma:

I hold a different opinion though. There are so many gullible Nigerians in our midst who will do whatever their religious leader ask from them. We have heard where some Civil Servants donated huge sums of money to the Church. These monies are huge that during the entire lifetime as a Civil Servant, he/she cannot earn that much from their salaries.

We have also seen some women who were brainwashed by their religious leaders and had to donate monies to the Church without the knowledge of their spouses.

The list is endless and also applies to Mosques as well.

My point is, these gullible individuals will do anything to sustain the flamboyant lifestyles of their religious leaders and their places of worship.

2 Likes

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
Metuh:

How many road have you as an individual built or repaired?

How many industries and factories have you built?

Who is the church? Aren't they humans like you?

Oga Wisdom is very far from you abeg.

my church has built several universities, industries and hospitals. 7.7billion church is nonsense
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by uboma(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
spongeisback:
Europe was once like Africa. One day people will revolt and the brainwashed once in our midst would not be able to fund their extravagant lifestyle.

I pray this day comes sooner.

Religion is the root cause of the problems we have in Nigeria.

Religious leaders should work like everyone else to raise food on his table. Today, religious leaders look up to the flock for their upkeep and flamboyant lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Metuh: 3:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
ogawisdom:

my church has built several universities, industries and hospitals. 7.7billion church is nonsense

So why are you crying then?

Google the charity works of Dunamis before you vomit nonsense next time.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by ogawisdom(m): 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2018
Metuh:

So why are you crying then?

Google the charity works of Dunamis before you vomit nonsense next time.

he has no university, hospital or factory Worth 1billion, try and use your sense n quit being dumb ass
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by Metuh: 4:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
ogawisdom:

he has no university, hospital or factory Worth 1billion, try and use your sense n quit being dumb ass

I already told you wisdom is very far from your head bros.

Google his charity works and schools before you embarrass your family here. Dullard.
Re: 7.7 Billion Naira Church Built In Nigeria The World Poverty Capital by JJOF(m): 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
YEYE THREAD. MTCHEW.

(1) (2) (Reply)

As An Atheist When Last Did You Have A Nightmare / Christian In Love With A Muslim Lady / Celestial Church Of Christ Juvenile Harvest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.