Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (30839 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by mofedamijo(m): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
SIRTee15:

No need for all this straw argument....
Everybody knows the best country for a nigerian is nigeria.....
But when those living outside the country seem well off compared to those back home on average, emigration is inevitable....
All this talk of few Nigerians abroad living like a pauper won't deter nobody.....

Nigerian doctors are emigrating in droves....
The few upper middle class in nigeria are resigning in multinationals and leaving for Canada...
If this class of people can leave, then it shows the feeble faith nigerians have in the their country....
Telling struggling n fustrated Nigerians to stay put is pointless....
People are leaving this country not because of any greener pastures.....
It has more to do with escaping poverty and the seemingly obvious uncertainty.....
The solution to this problem is building a viable and prosperous economy capable of lifting millions out of poverty, building a sustainable as well as a reproducible middle class......
We can start by paying our underclass workers a living wage that can actually take them home till month end....
That will be a good step....
Telling people to stay put and continue the struggle wont work.....
People are leaving without a focus, thats why Nigerians in South Africa, India, and other countries have caused serious problems for those with great ideas and intentions, my point is not people leaving, and honestly i advice young Nigerians to go out there and get something done, but they need to know what they are going there for, just this evening the headline reads, update on Nigerian youth, who chopped an italian lady to pieces to dispose the body, now imagine you leaving in italy right now, things will certainly be difficult been a Nigerian, just few days ago, i heard the U.S embassy has reduced drastically the numbers of visas issued to Nigerians daily, if you must leave the country, people should leave with genuine intentions, be creative, pray, and stay away from crime, now i am looking for means to acquire my second citizenship genuinely, because the Nigeria pali is giving me more stress, not just me, but other Nigrians who have bigger things to do out there, and you know why we are having this issues, some ineffectual baboons think money grows on the floor in “Abroad”, and when they can’t make themselves useful, crime is the next option, there by creating problems for you and me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
mofedamijo:

You are absolutely right, and that was what i pointed out, be ready to show some certificates to get jobs, Nigerians use to have healthy beef with southies b4 now,unfortunately since this group of hooligans came in, it has been a battle, i was only trying to correct someone who is saying 100k entry job, we were once respected, now the reverse is the cases, getting a job of R20k now is an issue, not necessarily that you’re not a southie,but because the image is nothing to write home about, hoping on my second citizenship soonest by Gods grace.....

R100k jobs for a Nigerian in SA?
Maybe a Nigerian professor who lectured in the USA for more than 20years and is relocating to Africa... and after deductions maybe R80k and medical aid is waiting,

Even if you get it you will not last long, because you are a Nigerian..
expect R15k - R30k with your work permit or ID and experience.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by mofedamijo(m): 9:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
Macabinha:

R100k jobs for a Nigerian in SA?
Maybe a Nigerian professor who lectured in the USA for more than 20years and is relocating to Africa... and after deductions maybe R80k and medical aid is waiting,

Even if you get it you will not last long, because you are a Nigerian..
expect R15k - R30k with your work permit or ID and experience.
Thank God i have a witness here, and it is ideas like this, that motivates youths to jump on the next plane, the next bus to libya, the next inflatable boats to cross the Mediterranean, just to go pick money on Europes marble floor..........
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
DeWisedon:
and some f*ols will come here now to blame the church because they built auditorium,

Help me ask daddy freeze if it is the duty of the church to buy weapons for Nigerian army?

Time for Jubrin to go

Do you know why South Africans excel?
most of them don't believe in religion. They believe in honesty and dignity.
Nigeria own na church every corner but na we had pass..
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 9:57pm On Nov 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are the only one trying to be analytical.

The others are simply being emotional.
what is the population of USA?
let us call a spade a spade...
Nigeria produces about 4 trillion litres of crude per day.... how much is that...?
we can do better...
we can improve our seaports services to allow people do business and open companies.
we can have research funds for projects, not recycling undergraduate projects that has no impact on the economy.
our banks cant issue loans to small businesses ..that's what drives SA economy. . over 60% of SA whites own their companies

To mention in SA anyone legal entity (not blacklisted or illegal) who has a credit history ... I mean even paying DSTV qualifies for a loan.

This generation must change the face of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
vingeophysicist:
Cost of living in a country cannot be uniform. There are places in South Africa you can rent a house with even 50k per year. I know you have never left the shore of this country that is why you think everyone is blind like you.

I dont support the poster, But
where in SA bro is a house R180 a month?
or R2000 a year.
Even for locations like Tembisa, Oliven, soweto, etc..to carry your (house) mukuku keep for person yard na R500- R800 a month
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Rossikki: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
wiseone28:

That's the benefit of having white people running their country for long...if it was only blacks they wouldn't have been different from Nigeria grin

But white people ran Nigeria for one hundred years, and at the end we were still a bush with no industries or infrastructure, no universities, and not even a single power plant. It seems your white gods only perform when there is a white population around them, as in SA. Ignorant, self-hating dunce. Thank your lucky stars for independence and black rule or you would have been an illiterate village peasant like your grandparents were under British rule, as they never invested in our people despite looting trillions of dollars worth of our resources.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
why am I even wasting my time on this thread comparing SA and Nigeria...

It's one thing with Nigeria increasing her minimum wage... It's another thing getting a job in Nigeria..

For the fortunate few who have godfathers and parents or family friends in leadership position to offer them jobs.... The minimum wage fight is yours.

For our aged parents who were fortunate enough to secure jobs in the past and are currently Cartering for our tertiary educated siblings at home who sit and wait for meals....Retire with grace
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Olumyco(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
movetoca:

I don't exchange words with filthy dogs. Go and meet your mates you piece of sh!t. Quote me again and you will regret the day you were born. Imbec!le

I am sorry if what I said offends you

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by GavelSlam: 10:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
Macabinha:

what is the population of USA?
let us call a spade a spade...
Nigeria produces about 1.3 trillion litres of crude per day.... how much is that...?
we can do better...
we can improve our seaports services to allow people do business and open companies.
we can have research funds for projects, not recycling undergraduate projects that has no impact on the economy.
our banks can issue loans for small businesses ( that's what drives SA economy. . over 60% of SA whites own their companies), houses and cars.

To mention in SA anyone legal entity (not blacklisted or illegal) who has a credit history ... I mean even paying DSTV qualifies for a loan.

This generation must change the face of Nigeria

2.5 million barrels of oil daily.

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
jmaine:

Buhari is absolutely useless and lifeless.

Like the same slogan that has since the development of my cognition for understanding at childhood beaten my ear drums. "NIGERIA, A USELESS COUNTRY", echoed by Nigerians THEMSELVES.

Having a lifeless President can only be a by-product of a lifeless society. Leaders are a reflection of the people they are leading. grin

Well Atiku is another perfect face of a good number of Nigerians, FRAUDSTERS.

In S.A Nigerians are hunted and killed at any opportunity in the guise of xenophobia. Their aim is to cleanse their country of HABITUAL CRIMINALS. grin

Lifeless President, dead and daft Nigerians by choice of SELF DECEPTION.

The problem is the LIES we tell ourselves.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2018
GavelSlam:
2.5 million barrels of oil daily.
Typo... over 4 trillion litres per day
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by gaskiyamagana: 12:06am On Nov 28, 2018
obonujoker:
How exactly is Nigeria the giant of Africa??.
Our politicians earned giantly and corrupt dinasorly than other Africans.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 12:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Can we please stop comparing Nigeria to South Africa and rather focus on implementing solutions to Nigeria's problems.

Comparing Nigeria to South Africa is like comparing apples to oranges....way two different.

*Nigeria is 99.999% black chasing the European dream while South Africa is controlled by Europeans living their everyday lifestyle.

*South Africa is made up of blackd, Dutch, ploish, Britains, Jews, Indians, Chinese, brown skin , etc
.. while Nigerians are blacks still striving for perfect civilization..

*South Africa's economy is diversified while Nigeria still focuses on crude

*Education started way earlier in Southen Africa than west Africa.

*South Africa wasn't built today... Nigeria is still under construction.

*Nigeria is overpopulated, over 180 million in a clustered in a small area. while South Africa has enough land for her population. one farmer can own 25000- 40000 hectares of land. that's more than most villages in Nigeria...

*South Africa is filled with entrepreneurs who are mostly uneducated.... Nigeria is filled with educated individual lacking the skills and funding to make anything happen

I am not giving up on my beloved country Nigeria.. I believe in her and I wish we diversify our strength towards her prosperity
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Bionic07: 1:09am On Nov 28, 2018
winj3:

You should weep for the stupid citizens, nothing wrong with the name or the country...just useless poor quality citizens who lack basic commonsense!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Nigeria is home to some of the stupidest people on planet Earth.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Newway2(m): 6:22am On Nov 28, 2018
Pavore9:
Nigeria is truly"broda agabaya"! angry

Agbaaya & not "agabaya"..� �
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Pavore9: 6:29am On Nov 28, 2018
Newway2:

Agbaaya & not "agabaya"..� �

Wow, I didn't check the spelling! cheesy

Dis na mess up for a Lagos born and raised o, all the Alawiye no go be waste o! cheesy
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Newway2(m): 6:46am On Nov 28, 2018
Pavore9:

Wow, I didn't check the spelling! cheesy

Dis na mess up for a Lagos born and raised o, all the Alawiye no go be waste o! cheesy

Alawiye omo nna to'nko fuji cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Pavore9: 6:52am On Nov 28, 2018
Newway2:

Alawiye omo nna to'nko fuji cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na im we use for primary school, my Yoruba classes ended in J S S 3.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Newway2(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2018
Pavore9:

Na im we use for primary school, my Yoruba classes ended in J S S 3.

Your yoruba is actually good. Some yoruba folks can't even match your dexterity.

I remember another "omo nna" classmate in my school days that was even talking with yoruba proverbs because he grew up with local pple while I grew up in an academic community.

He used to mess me up then. But, we don overcome all that cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2018
Macabinha:

I believe you guys calling Nigeria a shit hole haven't travelled to a developed country before... you will appreciate Nigeria better when you feel the pain of an illegal immigrant.
I will like you to get this in less than a handful Nigerians can be offered a job in developed countries if they apply from Nigeria OR you wish to go as a student and then what's the next plan.

Refugee status is not for Nigerians...
Don't be a victim of illegal migration. Because your basic rights will not exist. you will not be able to rent a house, get a job, get a bank account, walk freely, even register a SIM card in your name...
please let us build our nation.
before you guys waste 5years of your life.

You are crying about nothing here bro , why are our people applying for refugee status in these countries, are we at war ?. We live playing victim , if you go to another man's land to cheat them ( get in and abscond) be ready to face the humiliation when caught . You can't be disrespecting their laws and expect to be treated with respect. It's even difficult to be a Nigerian abroad even with papers because we are not trusted, talkless of the illegals. Plan properly before leaving, but they won't listen.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 8:47am On Nov 28, 2018
Macabinha:

Home will always be home... although SA looks good... you will understand what happens when you arrive.
you will feel the breeze that you have no right here...even in the bus you can't talk to the driver or sit where you like at times, you can't even wear a native shirt without been asked for documentation most times, if you are a Nigerian you must always be ready to make a plan even if all your documents are right.... Don't even think of having an accident with a south African.... there will show you this is not your home.... here you stand on one foot like a chicken in its new home.
In Nigeria you got all the freedom you need and If we all reason alike we can make Nigeria great.

My brother you are right there is no place like home . But do we blame all these countries for treating us like rubbish ?. Look at how Canada is tired of our usual mischief , look at USA tightening their boarders to us , look at the UK and SA being anti nigerian everyday. The question is why are we the common denominator?. We caused this damage to our name by thinking we could outsmart these people and their systems and now we are experiencing the blacklash all over the place. No one likes a disrespectful outsider my friend, and everywhere we go we are the first to insult our hosts or try to cheat them, which has earned us the criminal reputation. It's sad that even law abiding citizens like us have to suffer the humiliation our brothers before set up for us , but all we can do is endure and show a different side of Nigerians than what they think we are . God bless our legitimate hustlers all over the globe. Our biggest problem is disunity , see how the citizens of these countries unite when they want a leader gone ? Can that happen in our land ?. Hell no !
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 8:56am On Nov 28, 2018
Macabinha:

Do you know why South Africans excel?
most of them don't believe in religion. They believe in honesty and dignity.
Nigeria own na church every corner but na we had pass..

That is something that made me a little uncomfortable my first time in south Africa, I thought they were ungodly , but the more I spent time there, the more I realised that in Nigeria we have allowed religion to blackmail and keep us down for so long. In countries like South Africa or , Botswana and Namibia and Rwanda, I noticed they go to church but don't carry religion or pastors hypocrisy on their heads . We have a long way to go.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Pavore9: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2018
Newway2:

Your yoruba is actually good. Some yoruba folks can't even match your dexterity.

I remember another "omo nna" classmate in my school days that was even talking with yoruba proverbs because he grew up with local pple while I grew up in an academic community.

He used to mess me up then. But, we don overcome all that cheesy cheesy cheesy

It is enriching to the mind if it is open to learn about diverse cultures, getting to be taught in Yoruba about owe (proverbs), oriki, naming a child etc has given me a deeper insight into the worldwide of the Yoruba tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nowenuse: 10:41am On Nov 28, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

Tribalism is a serious problem in Nigeria, the disgusting part is that it's now mainly practiced by the so called educated youth . I give up.

Yeah, our fathers have sown these seeds into us.
The only way out is restructuring.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Toseenlove: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2018
Princedapace:

Guy leave me alone na. There is no way on earth will u compare SA to Nigeria.

In Nigeria, how many people earn at 3k per day?

How many legitimate hustle pays 2 to 3k per day. Averagely, fresh graduates in Nigeria earn between 30k to 50k per month..

He will pay a rent in a cheap place in Nigeria, a self contain goes for 120k to 200k per year. With 50k per month, he or she will be earning 600k before tax per year.

He pays cheap house rent of 150k for self con. This just a below average life bro. No one really prays for this picture. Sadly, many graduates are living like this.

From that same salary, he has family members who needs tips from him each month. That is the reality in the country. Many people divide their salary to solve one extend family problem or the other..

He pays for internet which is never enough. Average, Nigerians spend 2k per month on low internet usage. That is 24k per year.

He buys food stuff. He buys clothe, he transport. He pays for electricity and still buys fuel to generate more power. He falls sick and treat him self. He doesnt have free health care. Food items are expensive compared to his earning.

Cheap cost of living comes with extremely poor salary. Many banks pay graduate 35k per month. Telcom outsourced firms pay graduates 25k per month..

Graduates hardly flex life. They cant afford it. I dont know what ur arguments are. Some of u just like to argue.

You couldn't have said it all any better

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by alizma: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:
And some suffer and smiling Nigerians still want the useless man back in 2019.
how much was it when your lord Jonathan was the president, if he cared so much about you why didn't he increase it to 50k?
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yeah, our fathers have sown these seeds into us.
The only way out is restructuring.

Although I don't support tribalism, I will like to point out the reality of things.

In the diaspora crime linked to Nigerians is mainly from Igbos and yourbas... same applies locally.
Their quest for wealth and fame is disgusting.

The international community mostly frowns on Nigerians for drug peddling and internet fraud.

Although I know quite a few Igbos and yoruba guys that are legit.

but Lets be realistic.... How many people from the Hausa community or Jos-plateau, cross river, Benue, and other minority tribes have been convicted of crimes relating to the above mentioned locally and internationally.

This is an issue of cultural and societal upbringing.....
Even armed robbery, ritual killing, human trafficing and kidnapping crimes are often associated to these tribes.

pleae Stop giving Nigeria a bad image.. you are not the only tribes making up Nigeria.. we are all tired of bearing your shame.

Sometime I wonder how appealing the Brafian passport will be to foreigners if it works out. It may actually be the least ranked passport with visa free access to only Nigeria.

Even within the Nigerian community if you wish to associate with this tribes your parents will warn you... be careful oh.. na Igbos boy or na yoruba boy... meaning this started way before our time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Toseenlove: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
126k in south Africa can only give u a month's rent & 1 litre of fuel. Dat same amount in Nigeria can give u A YEAR'S RENT and enough change to buy you foodstuff and fuel for a few weeks. So see where I'm going? Cost of living is what I'm talking about.

I'm absolutely sure u stay In face me and slap u apartment lol
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Toseenlove: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
mofedamijo:

If you don’t understand the difference between constructive criticism and argument, then thats ur ish, if you know how pple also suffer here, u will take a chill pill, Nigerians here employ some of them, and then pay them R800 monthly, unemployment rate in s.a is on the high, my major concern is letting pple know its not always greener at the other end, i have met Nigerians living in the u.k, who lives from hand to mouth, some cant even come home when they lose a love one, and at the same time we have Nigerians who can travel twice a year to the same u.k for vacation........

We've heard u ok, But no place on earth does it better than nigeria when it comes to all sort of miserable things one can experience in his/her Lifetime on earth.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Toseenlove:

I'm absolutely sure u stay In face me and slap u apartment lol

I don't know where this argument is heading, but if I must comment.

A bachelor flat or self contain in Nigeria can charged at 80k-100k a year... most of us were lived in one while we were students or youth Corp members....

The same bachelor flat will be going for 80k a month in SA
Even a fave me I face you room or shared flat in SA is between 40k - 50k monthly
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Toseenlove: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Olumyco:

I can see you are angry and frustrated but that does not mean you should be talking anyhow. What you said here is invalid. The two most common factors used in measuring a country's development are Economy and Infrastructure. Nigeria is ahead of SA in Economy while they are ahead of us in Infrastructure. So what are you saying? The two Countries are the ones leading Africa in many things. So stop saying things anyhow.
You said Nigeria can't build a city like Cape Town in 400 years when Nigeria is already building Eko Atlantic City that will rival powerful cities of Dubai, US, Japan and co. Even Abuja trails Cape Town if you don't know. Cape Town is the most beautiful city in Africa and Abuja is the second most beautiful. And you should know that Cape Town was built by the Whites. Abuja was built by the blacks. Abuja is the first black city built by the blacks in the world.
Pls calm down and say things as it is.
Nigeria still has hope and by God's grace we will get there. What i want you to know is that. The two things that make a country great are:
1. The Government of the Country
2. The People of the Country

Our major problem is the Govt. and Nigeria is still a little great now not because of the govt. but the people. What will happen is if the govt. fails to make the country great, the people will do so.

This one is just spewing out nonsense gibberish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zamfara: Troops Kill 100 Bandits, Recover Several Items / Roman Abramovich: Chelsea's Owner Asked To Speak With Russia By Ukraine / General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.