Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (30848 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by ifyboy60(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
GavelSlam:

What does the bible have to do with the fact that you produce nothing?

grin

I hope u will be dis cold and over rational when someone who is not Buhari or Yoruba is in power
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by GavelSlam: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
ifyboy60:

I hope u will be dis cold and over rational when someone who is not Buhari or Yoruba is in power

Attention seeker.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by mofedamijo(m): 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
Toseenlove:

We've heard u ok, But no place on earth does it better than nigeria when it comes to all sort of miserable things one can experience in his/her Lifetime on earth.
Lol......from someone who has toured the whole wide world, okay sir.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nowenuse: 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
Macabinha:

Although I don't support tribalism, I will like to point out the reality of things.

In the diaspora crime linked to Nigerians is mainly from Igbos and yourbas... same applies locally.
Their quest for wealth and fame is disgusting.

The international community mostly frowns on Nigerians for drug peddling and internet fraud.

Although I know quite a few Igbos and yoruba guys that are legit.

but Lets be realistic.... How many people from the Hausa community or Jos-plateau, cross river, Benue, and other minority tribes have been convicted of crimes relating to the above mentioned locally and internationally.

This is an issue of cultural and societal upbringing.....
Even armed robbery, ritual killing, human trafficing and kidnapping crimes are often associated to these tribes.

pleae Stop giving Nigeria a bad image.. you are not the only tribes making up Nigeria.. we are all tired of bearing your shame.

Sometime I wonder how appealing the Brafian passport will be to foreigners if it works out. It may actually be the least ranked passport with visa free access to only Nigeria.

Even within the Nigerian community if you wish to associate with this tribes your parents will warn you... be careful oh.. na Igbos boy or na yoruba boy... meaning this started way before our time.

You are now addressing me as a yoruba or Igbo person? grin
I am actually from the middlebelt. Jos-Plateau in particular.
You are very correct. It is mostly Igbos and Yorubas who actually tarnish the image of Nigeria outside the country. Also, Bendelites (Delta & Edo) included.
But I'm sure you know that at the same time, it's same Igbos, Yorubas and Bendelites who make Nigerians proud outside the country mostly? They have more achievements compared to we from the middlebelt, core-north and Akwa Ibom/Cross River.
This is because these people have cultures or lifestyles which encourage wealth creation than the rest of us.
So, many succeed with good means and others through bad means.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Macabinha: 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nowenuse:

You are now addressing me as a yoruba or Igbo person? grin
I am actually from the middlebelt. Jos-Plateau in particular.
You are very correct. It is mostly Igbos and Yorubas who actually tarnish the image of Nigeria outside the country. Also, Bendelites (Delta & Edo) included.
But I'm sure you know that at the same time, it's same Igbos, Yorubas and Bendelites who make Nigerians proud outside the country mostly? They have more achievements compared to we from the middlebelt, core-north and Akwa Ibom/Cross River.
This is because these people have cultures or lifestyles which encourage wealth creation than the rest of us.
So, many succeed with good means and others through bad means.

I strongly disagree with you, all tribes in Nigeria has contributed in one way another to her greatness...
If we start with the Hausa; who is the UN deputy secretary general? who is the richest man in Africa?
visit the middle East and North Africa to see Hausa doctors and engineers performing wonders.
we also have musicians actors and other professionals doing great from these minor tribes.

I will conclude by saying countries like Botswana, Namibia, etc don't gave David, wizkid, phyno, or many global icons... but their decency and sincerity has given them credible I international recognition.

A Swaziland citizen can go to UK without a Visa,
A Botswana citizen can go to Germany without a Visa
Even a Malawi citizen can visit Singapore, south Korea, honking etc.. without a Visa.

I have seen where the greatness of our brothers is leading us.
with all our resources ..no body wants us anywhere ... Even in countries like Fiji and Mongolia... Nigerians are in jail either for printing fake US dollars or something shocking...

please do a research and find out how many Nigerians are in jail abroad for serious offences and what tribes do they come from.

To mention most of the so called tribesmen you exalt destroyed our reputation with fake documentation. now everything about Nigeria is verification.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 5:16am On Nov 29, 2018
Macabinha:

I strongly disagree with you, all tribes in Nigeria has contributed in one way another to her greatness...
If we start with the Hausa; who is the UN deputy secretary general? who is the richest man in Africa?
visit the middle East and North Africa to see Hausa doctors and engineers performing wonders.
we also have musicians actors and other professionals doing great from these minor tribes.

I will conclude by saying countries like Botswana, Namibia, etc don't gave David, wizkid, phyno, or many global icons... but their decency and sincerity has given them credible I international recognition.

Even a Malawi citizen can visit Singapore, south Korea, honking etc.. without a Visa.

with all our resources ..no body wants us anywhere ... Even in countries like Fiji and Mongolia... Nigerians are in jail either for printing fake US dollars or something shocking...

please do a research and find out how many Nigerians are in jail abroad for serious offences and what tribes do they come from.

To mention most of the so called tribesmen you exalt destroyed our reputation with fake documentation. now everything about Nigeria is verification.

My brother no use blaming tribes, to outsiders we are just Nigerians, and they all think we are the same people who are prone to criminal behaviour . It's sad that the innocent get caught up in it , but we need to all go before the FG and ask for them to tell the countries affected to issue less visas to groups coming from certain parts of the country , especially going there for with visiting visa or for useless courses .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nowenuse: 9:14am On Nov 29, 2018
Macabinha:

You just cannot compare the achievement of Igbos and Yorubas to that of Hausa-fulanis. There is absolutely no basis of comparison.

Yorubas and Igbos go as far as producing succesful politicians whom the society looks up to in foreign nations.

Few succesful Hausa-fulanis cannot compare to the tons of successful Igbos and yorubas.

Hausa-fulanis cannot be taken any seriously when the overwhelming majority of their population are still living in stack illiteracy and the highest poverty rates in the country and possibly the continent.

What about the Boko haram and fulani herdsmen problems?

Left for me, Hausa-fulanis and Kanuris bring as much problems and shame to Nigeria as much as the Igbos and Yorubas do, but Igbos and Yorubas bring far more success compared to Hausa-fulanis.

Hausa fulanis have a culture that makes the rich richer and the poor poorer. The poor ones (talakawa) believe they are destined to be poor and some are destined to be rich.

Middlebelters and Akwa-Ibom/Cross River people are the ones who deserve to be praised in Nigeria.
We do not bring shame to Nigeria on the international or local level, yet we are still fairly progressive.

One Nigeria with other tribes destroys us more than it benefits us.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
Larryfest:
No labour fight or strike before it was increased but over here the case is different, abeg i think it's high time this country is sold..

You are wrong. South African labour by unions are the best organised, most ideological, most militant, most violent and most effective unions in Africa

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tinubu’s 48 Ministers To Gulp N8.6bn In 4yrs / Unveiling Ex-military Officers Vying For Governorship, Senate Seats / General Lagbaja Condemns Verbal Attacks On Governor Sanwo-Olu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.