Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour (39285 Views)

The Camon 18 Premier Is My New Favourite Smartphone From Tecno / Things To Avoid While Buying A Smartphone / Best Tips To Stop Your Smartphone From Charging Slowly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by nextstep(m): 11:17pm On Nov 27, 2018
RevenGeMission:
You are either in a village or you are blinded by hate

0-35 year old people in warri saw train for the first time in their lives this year

other rain projects linking the whole country are ongoing

ongoing = in progress ~ 32 years on Japan investing in that electronic city

like you said "Rome wasn't built in a day"

Yes... are we seeing any of this evidence of improved rail (for moving goods and tools), or of good roads?

The bolded. We're seeing old passenger trains on mostly rehabilitated/existing rail lines.
I was stressing rail for moving goods and tools and for good roads, because that's whats needed for industrial development. We do development projects, but we are not developing. These older model trains are the outputs of two decades ago. We didn't make the rails, nor the wheels, nor the carriage, nor the bogey, nor the body. One could argue that by the time all the rails are functioning, we've basically come back to circa 1960s, in terms of rail infrastructure.

Yes, I don't deny things are happening, but I'm arguing that even with all that's on the ground, 32 years from now, nothing will have fundamentally changed, in terms of our ability to build things - which is what this topic was about in the first place. Rome was not built by outsiders, but by Romans, who harnessed and understood technology. We can't say the same of the current development projects.
Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
nextstep:

It's policy makers that decide:

- do we want a building economy or consuming one
- how to structure loan/investment opportunities for startups
- industrial zones, where energy is cheap, and transportation is robust
- how educated the workforce is, and how to make them efficient
- the ease of getting materials
- import/export policy that has 0 tariffs/tax on industrial inputs (like LCDs which we don't make yet)

Policy makers don't make smartphones, but without them laying the groundwork, engineers can't.
You are right though.
Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by leksai12: 7:33am On Nov 28, 2018
Sirpaul:
FTC

China!... Home of Tech.

my country is still far behind in all.
Country wey never even start race cry
Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by pannyman(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
MXrap:
China is the only reason Africa and rest of the 3rd world uses phones, flatscreen TV, washing machine, etc. If not it would have been only the super rich that could afford what Europe and America produces.

True talk.
Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by ZaOzaRoom(m): 6:15am On Dec 02, 2018
China is far better than India and so are the Chinese are far better than Indians.
Re: Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour by Focusmind: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2019
Andywinnie:

MGBUKA DI NA NKPOR. Or is there any other Mgbuka I don't know of?

Andywinnie, We have Mgbuka both in Nkpor and Obosi. Mgbuka means were cars are broken down into useful components - There is one in Obosi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Situations You Should Never Use Your Phone / Etisalat Now Offers 1gb For N500 For 30 Days / MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.