Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:31 PM

John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos (25270 Views)

John Mikel Obi Retires From Football / Asisat Oshoala Launches Football Academy / John Mikel Obi: Biography, Net Worth, Salary, Age, And Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by odun360(m): 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Mikel Obi at the football clinic for kids in Lagos

31-year-old Super Eagles captain, John Obi Mikel, has re-launched his foundation to discover talents across Africa.

Mikel who currently plays for Chinese Super League side, Tianjin TEDA, held a football clinic with about 150 boys and girls at the Children’s International School in Lekki, Lagos, between the ages of 3-15 years.

It was gathered that the clinic which was held in Lagos on Sunday, November 25, afforded the youngsters the chance to receive first hand coaching.

Mikel first launched the charity in the 2012, and 6-years later has reintroducing the foundation to discover young sporting talents.

The kids from the Little Tigers Football Club also got to enjoy the privilege of having a kick-about with the former Chelsea midfielder.

While speaking at the football clinic, Mikel said; "My foundation is about the kids, I’m giving back to the community, to Nigeria, home is where it all started for me and I will always want to give back to Nigeria.

"I want to get it right this time. It’s been there and I think now is the right time to come out and do it properly.

"This is the time, this is the right time to do things for kids and not we have enough to make sure it is successful."

https://www.reportminds.com/2018/11/photos-super-eagles-captain-john-mikel.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by obembet(f): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
In Lagos

4 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by crestedaguiyi: 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
This one nigerianists sef.

Pray let what happened to papilo hotel not reach you

11 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Listened to him on Nigeria info, nice one from mikel and he also made it clear that he's not retiring from national team

7 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by EngrOgunrinola1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nice concept
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by JBLivestream(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
Okay
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by emmabest2000(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
Obi kererenke obi nwoke ndi army obi

Congratulations... but why not in Akwa?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by oladele00(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Buhari or mouriho, who do you think should go?

Like for mouriho
Share for buhari

7 Likes 34 Shares

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by thesicilian: 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
obembet:
In Lagos
Yes in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by ikorodureporta: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Na ajebor club u dey form...

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by ComrArk: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nice one
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Tapout(m): 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
3-15 years!! thank God.... Make I go Enroll
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by thesicilian: 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2018
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
How can anyone hoping for a better future in this damned nation wish to have NNPC privatised??
NEPA was privatised few years ago not up to a decade, fast forward to today, phcn now laments insufficient resources and capacity to handle the nation's electricity sector, why? Because loans have been acquired by the shareholders in order to haste profit making and some of the phcn assets are used as collateral, I mean they (shareholders) are investors doing business for the sole purpose of making profits, not investing to serve the nation, NO
Privatising either 50 or 90% of NNPC simply means, allowing Atiku (if elected) to sell to his conglomerates and associates, thereby making him and his cohorts the driving force of the nation's main economy ( crude oil)
I am not supporting this chaotic move,
To all social media influencers and bloggers of backwardness, continue getting paid to confuse the nation, you all are on a fruitless mission, this country will NEVER go back to a state of deceptive and rotten leadership,
Well meaning Nigerians like me that are not politically motivated but rising to a clarion call for patriotism will exercise our voting right come 2019, we are very aware ATIKU is never an option for us.
Thanks to this thread, I can finally express my thoughts on Atiku and NNPC privatisation.
How is this related to the Mikel Obi Foundation?

12 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by AlhajaChinyere: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
thesicilian:

Yes in Lagos.

Lagos don kill East.

4 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
in other news
Daura comunity to host a welcome back party for buhari next yr

3 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by maigemuu: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
John Obi Mikel would simply teach the kids skills of passing balls backwards....

3 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by maigemuu: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
John Obi Mikel would simply teach the kids skills of passing balls backwards.....
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 27, 2018
PreciousJuice:
God have mercy,
How can anyone hoping for a better future in this damned nation wish to have NNPC privatised??
NEPA was privatised few years ago not up to a decade, fast forward to today, phcn now laments insufficient resources and capacity to handle the nation's electricity sector, why? Because loans have been acquired by the shareholders in order to haste profit making and some of the phcn assets are used as collateral, I mean they (shareholders) are investors doing business for the sole purpose of making profits, not investing to serve the nation, NO
Privatising either 50 or 90% of NNPC simply means, allowing Atiku (if elected) to sell to his conglomerates and associates, thereby making him and his cohorts the driving force of the nation's main economy ( crude oil)
I am not supporting this chaotic move,
To all social media influencers and bloggers of backwardness, continue getting paid to confuse the nation, you all are on a fruitless mission, this country will NEVER go back to a state of deceptive and rotten leadership,
Well meaning Nigerians like me that are not politically motivated but rising to a clarion call for patriotism will exercise our voting right come 2019, we are very aware ATIKU is never an option for us.
Thanks to this thread, I can finally express my thoughts on Atiku and NNPC privatisation.
Please i use God and beg you just go and sit down one place, the Nnpc that have channels tv 19 billion to cover up stories for that old thing. Maybe 30k just enter, come let me not hear your voice again and don't Mention me cos I no go reply.

9 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Paschalp(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
Humanity wee forever laud you; it will sing ya name high up to the mountains

You just added to my role models

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by thesicilian: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
AlhajaChinyere:

Lagos don kill East.
It's the easterners that are killing the east, not Lagos. Nobody forced him to set it up in Lagos.

11 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Lucifer66(m): 10:50pm On Nov 27, 2018
And there's a bishop spending billions on church when it's thing like this that we NEED
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
This is good.
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Haryoureendey4(m): 11:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
oluwaseyi000:
Listened to him on Nigeria info, nice one from mikel and he also made it clear that he's not retiring from national team
Nysc is making me to miss Nigeria Info, Top sports on Top radio, Murphy Ijemba evening show on Max Fm lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by technicallyrich(m): 11:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
He could have done it in either ss or se biafra but lagos is still good shall,after all it is a no mans land.
Lagos originally belongs to we the ijaws and benin people.but since those weak oyorobas want to claim it,they will have to fight for it and which we know they cant,as they are physically weak.
Their strenght lays in betraying,backstabbing and ritualism.
Good one to my biafran brother mikel.
May your days be long.
Viva biafra

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by emeks91(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2018
I am on my kneels ���� Kind hearts on Facebook, help me win this competition. Just a "LIKE" will put me ahead. Click on the link to help me win. God bless your kindness. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=194003628203070&id=100027803029441
Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by chocboi78(m): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
Haryoureendey4:
Nysc is making me to missed Nigeria Info, Top sports on Top radio, Murphy Ijemba evening show on Max Fm lipsrsealed
NYSC is making u MISSED Nigeria Info? Who cleared u for service??

7 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
I hope they appreciate it. Good one!
Most of Mikel's assets in Nigeria are either in Jos, Abuja or Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Turned Down The Move To Arsenal Despite Wenger's Interest - Victor Osimhen / Ola Aina: The Best Decision I Have Taken Is Picking Nigeria Ahead Of England / Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.