Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,129 members, 7,825,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe (793 Views)

‘Too Many Lies’ – Amaechi Slams Ex-npa Boss, Hadiza Usman, Makes Fresh Claims / Ohaneze: Amaechi More Igbo Than Joe Igbokwe / Every ethnic group has right to Rivers governorship – Amaechi slams wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe by NwibanaEmmanuel(m): 3:53am On Nov 28, 2018
Minister of Transportation and Chairman of Buhari Campaign Organization, Rotimi Amaechi has challenged the Senator representing Abia South senatorial district, Enyinnaya Abaribe.

Amaechi said that the lawmaker “was not more of an Igbo native compared to  himself”.

In a swift response, Senator Obinna Ogba, a member of the committee asked the minister to withdraw his statement, saying it was an insult to the senate.

Ogba said the Senate never expected such statement from the transportation minister and persuaded him to concede in withdrawing his statement.

Reacting to his  invitation by the Senate Joint Committee on Land, Transport, Local and Foreign Debts on Tuesday, the minister said: “I have been hearing what Senator Abaribe has been saying over the eastern railway about me.

“Abaribe can’t be more Igbo than I. Most Igbo people cannot interpret Abaribe, but most Igbo understand and can interpret Amaechi.”

TRENDING:  South East Govs reveal Why We Didn’t Attend Atiku’s Turbaning (see reason)

During appearance to the Joint senate commitee On circumstances surrounding the eastern railway arrangement with General Electric, the transportation minister explained that the company, General Electric – has folded.

He further disclosed that the FG has engaged any private Construction company, Transnet on a public-private partnership arrangement.

“The Federal government’s eastern railway development arranged with the General Electric collapsed because the comp has folded, but it is not within me to explain what led to that.

“We have engaged another Chinese subsidiary firm, Transnet Construction Company on PPP arrangement,” the minister narrated.

More News At: https://ArcticReporters.com

Re: ‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe by andycom(m): 3:54am On Nov 28, 2018
this clown of a minister

1 Like

Re: ‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 28, 2018
CONFIRM TALK...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe by iammo(m): 4:01am On Nov 28, 2018
This happened more than two years ago, during ameachi's budget defence, I wonder what brings this up again, 2019 perhaps
Re: ‘you Can’t Be More Igbo Than I’ — Amaechi Slams Abaribe by emmie14: 5:39am On Nov 28, 2018
A controversial man with both Igbo and Yoruba name yet his neither Yoruba or Igbo.
You as more Igbo than senator Abariba tell us your achievement as individual and government.

Politicians can answer anything whenever election is around .

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PDP Release Names Of Campaign Council And Chief James Ibori's Name Is Missinh / Closed / APC governors Are Denying PDP Access To Their Stadiums For Campaign Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.