Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? (19872 Views)

Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / UFC 253: Israel Adesanya Vs. Paulo Costa Fight Date, Time, TV, / Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder 2: Photos As Fury Finishes The Unfinished Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by jelel6: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jayloy:

For you to say Wilder is extremely good means you don't know Jack about boxing. In fact, he is an embarrassment to the division. How can you be a champion yet lacks basic skills of boxing, common boxing 101 skills. What has helped Wilder so far is his right hand. He has a powerful right hand, which he uses like a windmill. Imagine him throwing his weight behind that right hand and imagine how powerful it will be. He'll only win Fury if the fight didn't go distance.

The guy you quoted said Wilder is "extremely good", you disagreed, probably because you claim he lacks basic boxing skills. And it will be difficult to justify calling him " extremely good".

But then, you then went ahead and call him an "Embarrassment to the division", how do you justify that?

He may not have face many elite opponents, but he's a champion (undefeated) and that has to count for something. If he's undeserving of his belt, I think that says a lot more about the current state (level) of the heavyweight division than it says about Wilder himself!

Wilder is a good enough boxer. He's not the most technical, or the most classy, or the best strategist. But he's a heavyweight who has that one Punch that could drop any opponent in a match ( probably the hardest puncher in the division ) and that's what has brought him this far.

Something got every other boxer to where they are presently in their careers. And I don't see what's embarrassing about that.

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by poyet(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
My prediction is that Deontay Wilder will win, because Tyson Fury doesn't land strong punches. Wilder wins but to be defeated by Anthony Joshua. Period!
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by davillian(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
EricMason:
Boom � squad
IYKYK
Sorry no vex it's bomb squad and not boom squad.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by 2nattie(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jayloy:

For you to say Wilder is extremely good means you don't know Jack about boxing. In fact, he is an embarrassment to the division. How can you be a champion yet lacks basic skills of boxing, common boxing 101 skills. What has helped Wilder so far is his right hand. He has a powerful right hand, which he uses like a windmill. Imagine him throwing his weight behind that right hand and imagine how powerful it will be. He'll only win Fury if the fight didn't go distance.

No mind that guy jare. Wilder na confirm agbero. No finesse he's a bloody street fighter and not a boxer. I think he has been lucky so far. He might have an hedge over Fury because he's been fighting recently but he doesn't stand a chance against AJ. All AJ needs is just to frustrate the bozo and he's home and dry. Wilders commits too much to throwing punches
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by kuuljay(m): 4:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
This fight wouldnt be different from the legendary bout between Ali and foreman where speed technics and resilience outclased brute force.fury is one of the most technical boxers right now.I see wilder frustrated in trying to knock fury out by stunning him and going for his kill (windmill) punches which may never come or he could be tricked at throwing them witch could make him dangerously vulnerable.at the end I see them both making it to the last round and if that happens we all know who is gonna win...and as for AJ ,that guy needs to work on his stamina he is becoming too heavy like Samuel peters just that he has prime at his side

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by xtervaganza(m): 4:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Tyson Fury is a boring boxer. Can't wait for AJ vs Wilder
what you call boring is called sweet science in boxing.

Only the greats can master it like Fury and Mayweather. He will dance around wilder and embarrass him

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by xtervaganza(m): 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
EricMason:
Boom � squad
IYKYK
more like bum squad.

This guy fight shoeshiners and semi pros and y'all think he's good.

In over 40 fights he has no elite opponent
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by xtervaganza(m): 5:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
okwabayi:
Heavyweight bouts are a boring affair. I'll watch it anyway. Give me a middleweight or welterweight bout, that's where the action is.
another online ‘expert’

I hope you know the heavyweight division turned boxing into an elite sport
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by xtervaganza(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2018
taxiappguy:

Yall should listen to him, he knows what he is saying.
Ortiz rocked Wilder, everyone was scared for Wilder because they wanted to see a Wilder AJ fight.
Credit to Wilder, he dug deep and won that fight.
But when he gets in the ring with AJ and they both exchange gifts in the first few rounds, Wilder will immediately become a defensive boxer.
Because he has NEVER EVER been punched with the type of strenght AJ has.
AJ has been punched harder than Wilder can punch.
Wilder that was knocked out in sparring.
Shior.
he wasn't just rocked. If you watched the matched you'd know he was saved by the bell. If the round had continued 10 more seconds he would be down and out. Only age counted against Ortiz

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Jaqenhghar: 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is where you see people who dont know shít about boxing come give their very narrow views
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by hinograce: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
Jayloy:

Agreed however I think AJ took a candidate advice to turn down that fight cos he knew what the outcome would have been. There are loop holes he needs to cover up before he meets Wilder or else hmmm. Let's put sentiments aside I am AJ huge fan
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by hinograce: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2018
taxiappguy:

What do you mean by Wilder is extremely good.
Wilder is a bum compared to Fury or AJ
Who has Wilder fought? Only one top 10 in over 40 fights.
AJ has fought 4 top 10 in half the fights okay.
AJ took the hard fights, while Wilder was fighting number 258 rated boxers.
Can you imagine Wilder fighting Klitshcko? Lol, I'm sure you see an ambulance in the picture.
AJ has 4 belts, Wilder has 1.
AJ's arm is bigger than Wilder's leg
Did you see AJ vs White, Brazealle, Klitshcko , Povetkin?
Those are real boxers and he outwitted them all.
My boy AJ got skill, accuracy, legwork, class, can work low can work up top, defence etc
My dear, AJBXN is boxing right now and for a while yet.
You think AJ is ducking Wilder, c'mon man.
sentiments apart. I understand the patriotic thingy. AJ did himself a great service not fighting him then cos there is a lot of loopholes he need to deal with. The above mentioned people would have been lunch for Wilder. I am AJ fan, he can beat Wilder after some more training

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by taxiappguy: 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
hinograce:
sentiments apart. I understand the patriotic thingy. AJ did himself a great service not fighting him then cos there is a lot of loopholes he need to deal with. The above mentioned people would have been lunch for Wilder. I am AJ fan, he can beat Wilder after some more training
I'm not being patriotic, I'm being practical.
Please tell me 2 good boxers Wilder has fought. Only 2.
After you mention Ortiz, oya.
Wilder is a bully who fights people who can't punch back, that is why he likes weak opponents.
Even after fighting fury he will still only have fought 1 top ten opponent in his life. In over 40 fights? If that is not a bum then tell me what is.
They are not even in the same calibre. When Wilder went to the UK and saw what Joshua was doing there, he was amazed.
Wilder is ducking Joshua because he knows after that fight, his career is over. So he wants to collect a fat check as insurance.
This is not Alabama, son. This is the world stage

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by JBLivestream(m): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
cool
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by NIGHTMARE0O7: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
QuietHammer:
I hope Wilder the wild man wins. Let's know who is better between him and A.J when they meet

Any of them can beat aj.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by NIGHTMARE0O7: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
hinograce:

forget about patriotic.. wilder will beat Aj
Dat guy don't know anything about boxing
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
abbeyie007:
D fight wil be a keenly contested one.

there is nothing like keenly contested. wilder is a beast.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Jayloy: 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2018
hinograce:
Agreed however I think AJ took a candidate advice to turn down that fight cos he knew what the outcome would have been. There are loop holes he needs to cover up before he meets Wilder or else hmmm. Let's put sentiments aside I am AJ huge fan
There wasn't a valid offer from Wilder team. The 50 million was not from Widers team but from a TV company which will make AJ break his contractual agreement with match room.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Jayloy: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
taxiappguy:

I'm not being patriotic, I'm being practical.
Please tell me 2 good boxers Wilder has fought. Only 2.
After you mention Ortiz, oya.
AJ has 4 belts which he has defended. Wilder has 1 which he has never defended.
Wilder is a bully who fights people who can't punch back, that is why he likes weak opponents.
Even after fighting fury he will still only have fought 1 top ten opponent in his life. In over 40 fights? If that is not a bum then tell me what is.
They are not even in the same calibre. When Wilder went to the UK and saw what Joshua was doing there, he was amazed.
Wilder is ducking Joshua because he knows after that fight, his career is over. So he wants to collect a fat check as insurance.
This is not Alabama, son. This is the world stage
He came during the Klitchko fight. He wasn't just amazed but it sowed the seed of jealously in him. Only for him to get to US and started calling out AJ.

2 Likes

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by taxiappguy: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
NIGHTMARE0O7:

forget about patriotic.. wilder will beat Aj
Dat guy don't know anything about boxing
And Wilder knows anything about boxing. Someone they asked who were his boxing icons he was stuttering.
If you said Fury would beat AJ I won't argue, the only argument there is in the ring. Let them have a good ol dust up, may the better man win.
But bumsquad?!! Never.
Boxing is not about one punch.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by EricMason(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
davillian:

Sorry no vex it's bomb squad and not boom squad.
If you are using an iPhone with an updated iOS
Type “boom” and “bomb” and see the emoji that’s gonna pop up
And also follow Deontay official social media sites and see if he types “boom” or “bomb”
Then you come back and excuse yourself
Am a loyal fan of him.
We good fam #peace
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by wimtex: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
I would love fury to win but a lucky punch for wilder might win for wilder. Fury just needs to dance around the ring & connect. Once wilder is aware he is not landing he will become desperate & fury capitalise on that and score points. Fury shouldn't look for knock oit else he will be caught. Same tactics against klitschko should be applied to wilder. Fury needs to watch tony bellew vs david haye part 1 & learn from it. Wilder wil tire out once he trows with strength and misses. But wilder might chose to jab & trade carefully since fury is technical & quick with foot so if its on points he might stand a chance but knock out is more visible for wilder than fury
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Pogigai: 7:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
Tyson fury may likely surprise people
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Sambaby7640: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
pooozeee:
Tyson Fury most likely to win Deontay wilder
I usually do a live stream of all the fight with my MTN line and it's very fast so this fight would be live streamed too

how many mb he dey chop for a full match?
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by kingsolomon2020(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Fury all d way bro
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by davillian(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2018
EricMason:

If you are using an iPhone with an updated iOS
Type “boom” and “bomb” and see the emoji that’s gonna pop up
And also follow Deontay official social media sites and see if he types “boom” or “bomb”
Then you come back and excuse yourself
Am a loyal fan of him.
We good fam #peace
He is my man I've been following.
I like him because he is ruthless.
But I'm more interested on his fight with Aj.
Boom squad/bomb Aj is going down

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by USFOCUS: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
The match has already been fixed Tyson fury win quote after the match only
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Slayar: 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
I'm thinking of betting on Fury! 2.50 odds is simply too good to pass. I think wilder will get schooled. If Fury by any chance loses this match, it will be a shame for boxing. What's the use of all the training, stance, jabs etc when a thug like wilder defeats someone of Fury's calibre?

1 Like

Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
okey4reel:
Fury go win, that wilder guy too make mouth like that McGregor way Mayweather beat

Boxers sabi make mouth nah, na one of the rules of the game.
Re: Tyson Fury Vs Deontay Wilder: When Is The Fight? Date? Time? Venue? by Ocon: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2018
I see this fight going to the last round and decided by points. And if this is going to happen, we all know who's gonna win (Fury).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Are Looking Unstoppable But Can Still Miss Out On Next Season's UCL / "If You Feel Pressure, Stay At Home" - Jose Mourinho To Players / Moses, Oshoala Nominated For CAF African Player Of The Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.