Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft (15553 Views)

Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism / Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / Nora Robert, Dan Brown, John Grisham, Novels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by geezynoni: 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Who is a better writer?

Like for Nora
Share for Tolu
Share nd like kee u there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by nerd51(f): 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
venai:
You people blast her because she is black and a Nigerian. Nora Roberts abi Robot stole her title and instead of condemning her actions, you are here blasting your own.
If I call thunder for una head now...

Steal title kwa...do you know how many books have the same titles...it's only stealing if the storylines are similar
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by DanjaNinja(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Typical Nigerian mentality...hate your own and support the white man abi woman. Idiots.
Thank God I left that useless country years ago.

Oh btw, according to Steve Jobs “Good artist copy, great artist steal”.

Quote me with stupidly and die.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
geezynoni:

Share nd like kee u there

Easy bro, I'm not the cause of your problems in life undecided
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Biodun1929(m): 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nora Roberts is a legend, but Tomi Adeyemi is hotter than her right now in 2018. Fact. Tomi's book, Children of Blood and Bone was on New York Times Best Seller list for more than 20 weeks earlier this year, and the movie adaption is on the way. How can people say Tomi is seeking attention. Old writers like Nora Roberts hardly write all their stories again...they have ghost writers write them. It is just their brands that sell right now. Nora's publishers might have thought of that title to ride the wave of Tomi's book.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by dominique(f): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

I May End Soon

See his profile link here to make it easier: https://okadabooks.com/user/Imes

Thanks. I've seen the profile and his works, I'll start downloading right away.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
Fierce11:
Nora said she hasn't seen Tomi's book...
(*Laffs)..
Insignificant people always trying to make themselves relevant by attaching to a prominent individual.
I'm not surprised its from an 'Adeyemi' type of tribe..

Adult of love.
Displaying your intelligence and smartness upandan.
Now, let me ask you this; Did you know Tomi before this post? Is she as relevant as Nora that basically everyone here knows? Have you read Tomi's "best sellers" blood and bones? Have you not heard about blood and bones before this novel?
Stop being stupid because google makes your "research" easy.

By the way, there is a clear difference between Tomi's "Children of blood and bones" aand Nora's "Of blood and bones".
Shut your hating gutter o yee yaminrindum child of hate. Did you know nora or whatever too before this post? Hatred kill you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by missyQween(f): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
OladimejiRufai:

do u read Islamic fictions?
I know some free books I can refer you to
Yes,I do.Thank you
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by ThaProphet(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Biodun1929:
Nora Robert is a legend, but Tomi Adeyemi is hotter than her right now in 2018. Fact. Tomi's book, Children of Blood and Bone was on New York Times Best Seller list for more than 20 weeks earlier this week, and the movie adaption is on the way. How can people say Tomi is sicking attention. Old writers like Nora Roberts hardly write all their stories again...they have ghost writers write them. It is just their brands that sell right now. Nora's publishers might have thought of that title to ride the wave of Tomi's book.

One of the few comments that makes sense here.

Nigerians never cease to amaze me. I'm no fan of Tomi and don't really like the book but...

The fact is that she is more relevant than this so called Nora right now. This old writer is just seeking relevance just like many established writers eventually do once they're washed out .... I'm convinced that Nora's publishers intentionally played on Tomi's title because she's hot cake right now.

I actually think Tomi made a mistake by giving attention to her book...that's exactly what the publishers want....free promotion for Nora's new book.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by BluntBoy(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
thesicilian:
If someone can come up with a whole new idea for a novel and excel at putting it in words to create a masterpiece, is it the title of just 3 words that she'll then steal?

Every writing process is difficult. Getting a title for a book is not as easy as you are making it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Biodun1929(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
ThaProphet:

One of the few comments that makes sense here.

Nigerians never cease to amaze me. I'm no fan of Tomi and don't really like the book but...

The fact is that she is more relevant than this so called Nora right now. This old writer is just seeking relevance just like many established writers eventually do once they're washed out .... I'm convinced that Nora's publishers intentionally played on Tomi's title because she's hot cake right now.

I actually think Tomi made a mistake by giving attention to her book...that's exactly what the publishers want....free promotion for Nora's new book.

You have said it all. How many people knew about Nora's book before now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Biodun1929(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
BluntBoy:

Every writing process is difficult. Getting a title for a book is not as easy as you are making it.

Please help me tell these people o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by ThaProphet(m): 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
Biodun1929:

You have said it all. How many people knew about Nora's book before now.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Fierce11: 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
wizzakosh:
Shut your hating gutter o yee yaminrindum child of hate. Did you know nora or whatever too before this post? Hatred kill you.
You think I'm a dullard like you that doesn't read? Nora is "extremely" popular.. Please, take a sachet of jolly juice and quench your stupidity.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by tyokunbo(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
Gentlemen and ladies, Toyin Adeyemi got the title of her book from Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone, published in 2011. I don't want to talk about Adeyemi's book, which is a wrongly corrupted narration of Yoruba myths. If you read the book, you'll almost cry for the Yoruba race. She doesn't have any inkling about Yoruba myth. Sadly, Americans have gone crazy over the book.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by correctguy101(m): 9:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
thesicilian:
If someone can come up with a whole new idea for a novel and excel at putting it in words to create a masterpiece, is it the title of just 3 words that she'll then steal?

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by skillz111(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ignorance is bliss I don't know any of them and even the book so am moving on.
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by melaninpop: 5:38am On Nov 29, 2018
Nora Robert"!! As in the actual Nora Robert, whose books i've read for ages..... Hmmm. That our Naija writer is not ok at all cheesy
Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by melaninpop: 5:40am On Nov 29, 2018
thesicilian:
If someone can come up with a whole new idea for a novel and excel at putting it in words to create a masterpiece, is
it the title of just 3 words that she'll then steal?

Most of them talking here have never read a book by Nora, leave them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft by Rocktation(f): 1:30am On Nov 30, 2018
I imagined Nora's being accused of stealing the whole plot from our sister's book. Why will an ordinary original title, be so hard to come up with?

This lady just wants to cause a flurry of activity on webspace and apparently does not know what the legendary Nora Roberts is about. SMfyneH @ her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Died In My Room 1 / ... / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.