Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) (5161 Views)

Just In ! Kalu,buhari Win Abia North’s 5 Lgas As PDP Unleashes Terror / Can Buhari Win Any Southwest States? / Atiku May Have Helped Buhari Win With Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) by Calers: 12:15am On Nov 29, 2018
Errand emir of ilorin east.
Re: I Will Step-down From The Throne If Buhari Win – (emir Vows) by yrex01(m): 12:15am On Nov 29, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Im not from Kwara but in my deep interest for its history and politics I stay close with happenings in the state, particularly regarding rifts on culture and tradition. The Emir is wrong and untruthful in the above quoted statement. Jebba is older than his ancestors and the throne of monarchy in Jebba was originally under the Oyo Empire. Jebba was an ancient river port and trade confluence for Ilorin and Bida merchants and connected travelers over water with other West African states. This was even long before dan Fodio.

Emir of Ilorin is not comfortable with the position of Oba of Jebba as an older institution and a true royal dynasty. He has made numerous attempts dating back to time of military when they acted as surrogates for his throne and empowered Ilorin above higher and more traditional monarchies in the sorrounding areas to usurp power and force non-Fulani domains under his throne. The Emir, with help of Saraki family and particularly when Bukola was governor sidelined the Oba of Jebba and had him under economic restrictions to force his surrender to the Ilorin Emirate, but they failed.

About two years ago the Jebba bridge which is a popular crossing across the river and the preferred route for travelers and haulers between West and North was brought down. It was reported as a structural fault and failure but we know that is not true...it was act of sabotage to push Jebba out of economic relevance and force it to bend at the knees before the Emirate. The Oba cried out that they were trying to punish him and his people using economic strangulation. There used to be a paper mill at Jebba. After its closure many years ago the town had suffered setback economically, and now by forcing travellers to reroute away from Jebba it would kill them completely.

Considering the importance of Jebba to trade and commerce between West and North, the Minister of Works, Raji Fashola got involved and commenced a fast track recovery and got the bridge rebuilt. The road is a Federal road afterall. The Emirate got bitter because it was excluded in the decision and contract. That's the background behind the nonsense the Emir is uttering publicly. Buhari knows how to talk to royals, this Emir has no respect for his throne or for those thrones that were already at advanced civilization before his ancestors entered this zone.

I hope he keeps his word and abdicate the throne after Buhari's win. Saraki has already lost Kwara. When an Emir get up at Jummah service and speaks, the Jamaa obeys. The Jamaa of Ilorin has rejected this Emir and will defeat him and his candidates in the Saraki fold.

I love Ilorin people, they might be held down but they are not quiet and will recover from the years of damages and injustice done to them by military leaders like IBB and Abacha.
God bless u for this bro !! D emir was so pained !! Apart from our corrupt gov, alot of corrupt traditional rulers needs to b dealt with to reach where we belong in this nation. The man is so selfish. The same man that plot LAWAL downfall in ilorin. Come 2019,he'll b put to shame this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Vow To Resign If Atiku Loses In Tribunal- Igwe Ofomba / A Woman Sighted At Owerri Road, Onitsha Wearing Biafran Regalia At Checkpoint / Buhari And Osibanjo, Igbo Attire Vs Ijaw Attire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.