Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani (15492 Views)

2023: Why Kwankwaso, Peter Obi May Not Defeat Atiku, Tinubu – Adeyanju / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience / "I Can't Congratulate Fayemi, He Did Not Defeat Me, He Defeated Eleka" - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by landmark86: 10:37pm On Nov 28, 2018
?
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Cas1741: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
There is an old proverb about the potentially calamitous outcome of seemingly "minor' errors: a blacksmith shoeing a horse for a dispatch for rider omits a nail, as a result of which the horse loses the shoe and throws its rider, as a result of which the message the rider was carrying does not make it to the battlefield, as a result of which the battle is lost, as a result of which the kingdom is lost. All for want of a nail. This cautionary proverb speaks of what the Nigerian army is afflicted with, huge monies are budgeted and stolen; no one pays attention, poor kids from very poor parents desperate to survive, enlist in the army, are poorly trained and poorly equipped, sent to fight and die. no person takes the time to ask hard questions, pay attention to minor details, senior officers court marshal soldiers who complain, they are demoralized and put up half baked resistance and slowly, the kingdom is lost. BH takes villages, local govts and soon, very soon, states will fall and the battle will be lost with huge human and financial costs, all because, one bigman who doesn't give a dam sits on the helm of state affairs and minor errors with grave calamity are made. SAD.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Fitnessman(m): 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
I just pray for my country
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by rottennaija(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
oyin44:
Boko haram are financially strong and sponsored by some northern religious fanatic's ..so it would be very difficult to defeat..

I think this line is becoming stale. Sponsors, they may had at the beginning, but it has outgrown the sponsors now, it about ideology for them. Who knows, they may have been sponsored by CIA or foreign power, just like when CIA nursed and sponsored AL Qaeda and it latter outgrew them

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Sleekfingers: 10:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
Nice write up....

Nigeria cannot defeat boko haram...insurgency is way beyond bombing ....it is a movement...and they are ready to do anything to achieve their goals...even when it is evident that they cannot achieve it....but they are out to destroy...and they have nothing to lose....dying for their course is a great honor for the deceased and their families....

Even the so call USA cannot defeat them...with all their FBI, cia,seal and sophisticated weapons.....

So who is Nigeria talking about defeating boko haram....I am sorry ...it is not possible....

Have these countries defeated insurgencies eg Iran, Egypt, Iraq, united kingdom, France, USA, Belgium, Syria, Afghanistan.....they can only control their activities....

Nigerians should stop saying we will defeat boko haram...it ain't possible.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by holuphisayor(m): 10:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
I strongly believed boko haram is being sponsored by some external bodies. They have a very solid intelligence unit.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by TBIZZY(m): 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
Pls oo...what happened to state of emergency declaration something in that state? ...jst asking oo
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by lastempero: 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2018
Pound them with enough fire and brimstone and watch their fucking ideologies dies.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by femiphillips007(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
TroubleMaker47:

Deep!
I thought I was the only one that saw that......
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by uuzba(m): 11:17pm On Nov 28, 2018
daveP:
No offence to the Nigerian military, after all they see us all as bloody civilians, but can they watch some TV series that are all about military guys like SEAls Team, The Unit, Last Ship etc?

Pls let them watch it.

I said the above cos I don taya for Dia Mata.

Everything is not always by brute force.

The kingdom of heaven that the violent taketh by force, na strategic violence, not brutish violence.

A wise is enough for the words!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by madridsta007(m): 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/why-nigeria-will-not-defeat-boko-haram-in-20-years

Excellent academic work but, like most things Nigerian, we love deceiving ourselves and then elucidating it as a hypothesis or theory.

I lived in the core North for most of my life. I am not a journalist so will tell you things from an intimate point of view. Boko Haram is simply a militarist manifestation of Islamism which was evident and the enabler of the various ethnoreliguous riots in Northern Nigeria.

Summary of my paragraph? Boko Haram cannot and will never be defeated for varying reasons.

First, historically there’s nowhere that terrorism ends when it’s started. From Iraq to Somalia to Afghanistan— none. Nigeria will not be an exception.

Simple reason is because of the factors that would ensure that it remains will always exist. For the local populace, the Imams and Islamist teachers will never condemn it. The military too, will loose a lot in terms of money if it ends. Charities and NGOs will loose a lot if it ends so somehow, it has to be funded. Politicians as well, will loose a lot if it ends. I was told that over 20 people were vying to become governor in Borno State. They are wise. They know terrorism is money. There’s also the geopolitical dynamics in play. As long as Nigeria continues in an internal protracted fight, she will not be able to be that regional power in West Africa and Africa. So it’s not in Chad, Niger, the US, France, Britain interest that Boko Haram ends. You will continue to have strange arms drop and food and equipment drop, foreign fighters infiltration etc, because of this. It will not event because of Buhari and his Sunni Islamic establishment structure were and are apologists for Boko Haram— that is why they release captured fighters back to the society.

Boko Haram will only appear to end where there is NO FINANCIAL INCENTIVE to sustain the fight. As long as there is, it will continue.

Hence it will continue because of these competing factors. The beleaguered North Eastern women and children will bear the brunt of these imperialist and capitalist factors. Of course Mayowa and others with academic interest in peace building, development studies, peace and conflict studies need to write papers and win research funding so it’s unlikely that they will tackle the real issues even if they know them.

5 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Albertone(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
No single billion dollar was spent on our army.The condition of our army is even deteriorating.Whenever they claimed so so and so money is used to empower our soldiers,the only change these soldiers see is that Boko haram are more equipped and more fierce.No doubt,the money is being used to sponsor boko haram and not our soldiers.
Another thing is,boko haram's intelligence is very strong.They have their members scattered all over the millitary.These BH members provide information of the next line of action of our soldiers to fellow BH.Could you believe that part of the soldiers deployed to the north east consist of BH members?

Then,how on earth are BH importing their weapons without any restriction at the border?
How on earth are they training their BH personnels on the usage of weapons without anyone hearing the sounds of grenades,bombs,guns e.t.c Not even bumping into their training ground?
Nigeria could have called UNO for help but Nigeria refused.Boko haram supporters are within but we dont know!

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by seguntijan(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
I still always say it, Education is the only solution to our problem, let's domesticate our researches and let's have a political willed government to act on it. Going to World Bank or Harvard (importing economics theory), wont work in Nigeria. Even with the quality of thoughts of some member of this forum you wont but agree that our education system is the problem. Not until special attention is paid to the quality of our researches we cant become successful. NO NATION DEVELOP BEYOND HER LEVEL OF EDUCATION.
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by meobizy(f): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2018
This post from 2016 abi 2014 is making front page again? HAHAHAHAHA.
I can never take this forum serious for one day of my life.
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by bjnice(m): 12:37am On Nov 29, 2018
Cas1741:
There is an old proverb about the potentially calamitous outcome of seemingly "minor' errors: a blacksmith shoeing a horse for a dispatch for rider omits a nail, as a result of which the horse loses the shoe and throws its rider, as a result of which the message the rider was carrying does not make it to the battlefield, as a result of which the battle is lost, as a result of which the kingdom is lost. All for want of a nail. This cautionary proverb speaks of what the Nigerian army is afflicted with, huge monies are budgeted and stolen; no one pays attention, poor kids from very poor parents desperate to survive, enlist in the army, are poorly trained and poorly equipped, sent to fight and die. no person takes the time to ask hard questions, pay attention to minor details, senior officers court marshal soldiers who complain, they are demoralized and put up half baked resistance and slowly, the kingdom is lost. BH takes villages, local govts and soon, very soon, states will fall and the battle will be lost with huge human and financial costs, all because, one bigman who doesn't give a dam sits on the helm of state affairs and minor errors with grave calamity are made. SAD.

Nice write up bro!
This is my email address truetalk087@gmail.com.
Can we work out something on Human security in Nigeria, particularly as it relates to the poor Masse's.
Looking forward seeing your response.
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by AlphaStyles(m): 1:01am On Nov 29, 2018
daveP:
No offence to the Nigerian military, after all they see us all as bloody civilians, but can they watch some TV series that are all about military guys like SEAls Team, The Unit, Last Ship etc?

Pls let them watch it.

The kingdom of heaven that the violent taketh by force, na strategic violence, not brutish violence.

if i have learnt anything from those shows its that the military is well funded,organised and recieve aerial support and societal support
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by kayalla(f): 1:03am On Nov 29, 2018
becos the something eating the corn is inside the corn, e go taay

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by AlphaStyles(m): 1:04am On Nov 29, 2018
seguntijan:
I still always say it, Education is the only solution to our problem, let's domesticate our researches and let's have a political willed government to act on it. Going to World Bank or Harvard (importing economics theory), wont work in Nigeria. Even with the quality of thoughts of some member of this forum you wont but agree that our education system is the problem. Not until special attention is paid to the quality of our researches we cant become successful. NO NATION DEVELOP BEYOND HER LEVEL OF EDUCATION.
bros education alone cant solve our probz

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by AlphaStyles(m): 1:10am On Nov 29, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Please my humble question, how are they transporting their armored vehicles down to that forest? Is there no border that those armoured vehicles pass through? Someone should please help me with answers.
its not only the military that will defeat them we all need to be involved and that border thats where immigration,drones and customs is need bkus boko haram smuggles from niger,chad and cameroon
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by UncleJudax(m): 1:44am On Nov 29, 2018
NaijaMutant:
The greatest threat to the war against Boko Haram is the Islamic ideology that holds sway in the North.

Both Boko Haram and the Northern religious leaders are protecting the same ideology.

Buhari even gave it away in one of his speech pre-election.

"It is believed that whoever fights for the cause of Allah and dies in the process shall go to paradise in the after life where he will be rewarded with 72 virgins and a river of wine"

How do we cure Islam of this wrong ideology undecided

The Koran needs a new version, compatible with modern realities.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by raindroup(m): 2:34am On Nov 29, 2018
[img][/img]
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by southernbelle(f): 3:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Cas1741:

That is a really interesting proverb. You made a lot of sense, it is a very sad situation we are in.
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by SenatorBudoma: 3:50am On Nov 29, 2018
Very correct my brother.

Political/APC service Chiefs were in attendance for launch of Buharis highly plagiarised NextDevil.

babyfaceafrica:
all this one is story.. the only reason they won't defeat BH is politics!!
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Xisnin(m): 3:53am On Nov 29, 2018
daveP:

Pls let them watch it.

TV series?
SMH
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by SenatorBudoma: 4:10am On Nov 29, 2018
Correct. Just last week one of the dailies reported that Hotels in Maiduguri have been paid for by NGOs for 10 to 15years.

madridsta007:

I lived in the core North for most of my life. I wasn’t a journalist so will tell you things from an intimate point of view. Boko Haram is simply a militarist manifestation of Islamism which was evident and the enabler of the various ethnoreliguous riots in Northern Nigeria.

Summary of my paragraph?

Boko Haram cannot and will never be defeated for varying reasons.

Simple reason is because of the factors that would ensure that it remains will always exist.

For the local populace, the Imams and Islamist teachers will never condemn it.

The military too, will loose a lot in terms of money if it ends.

Charities and NGOs will loose a lot if it ends so somehow, it has to be funded.

Politicians as well, will loose a lot if it ends. I was told that over 20 people were vying to become governor in Borno State. They are wise. They know terrorism is money.

There’s also the geopolitical dynamics in play. As long as Nigeria continues in an internal protracted fight, she will not be able to be that regional power in West Africa and Africa. So it’s not in Chad, Niger, the US, France, Britain interest that Boko Haram ends.

Hence it will continue because of these competing factors. Of course Mayowa and others with academic interest in peace building, development studies, peace and conflict studies need to write papers and win research funding so it’s unlikely that they will tackle the real issues even if they know them.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by KanwuliaExtra: 4:28am On Nov 29, 2018
I wish Boko Haram go near Donald Trump small.
ISIS nor go kraze reach America fa!
9-11 will not be repeated EVER AGAIN.

Only in A SHYTEHOLE I swear! cheesy
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by dingbang(m): 5:36am On Nov 29, 2018
cool
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by F9Nizooria(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2018
how can you defeat sponsored terrorist, when their sponsores are in power. buahri said a captive terrorist should not be killed rather treat them okay..... which means it's an offence to kill 'em, they told us they've been Technically defeated APC for y'll.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by Ryocaj(m): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2018
So in a nutshell.. Boko Haram insurgents are more tactical n brilliant than our Army.. issokay
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by MONIKERREVEALER: 9:47am On Nov 29, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Please my humble question, how are they transporting their armored vehicles down to that forest? Is there no border that those armoured vehicles pass through? Someone should please help me with answers.

mr man, go and join the military and find out for yourself you "patriotic" nigger arean!
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by MONIKERREVEALER: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:
I wish Boko Haram go near Donald Trump small.
ISIS nor go kraze reach America fa!
9-11 will not be repeated EVER AGAIN.

Only in A SHYTEHOLE I swear! cheesy

and you have been fighting against the easterners escaping from the same SHYTEHOLE!

are you not a wicked, selfish and confused clown?

your wishes have totally FAILED!
Re: Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani by MONIKERREVEALER: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2018
southernbelle:

That is a really interesting proverb. You made a lot of sense, it is a very sad situation we are in.

why in the world you southerners think you can coexist peacefully with the northerners baffles me no end.

it wasn't for nothing that the british had then divided the dunghill into the southern and northern protectorates! they then decided to merge the two incompatible blocs as one in 1914 because the northerners where more subservient to them and the brits decided to hand over their feifdom to their control over the more stubborn southerners.

listen, the dunghill aint ever gonna get better because Islam is a religious form of communism! ALL the core communist countries have collapsed! the latest being venezuela!

until we southern non-moslems get our act together and present a unified front against these islamists, our generations to come shall remain in great peril.

the time to act is NOW!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Council Of Traditional Rulers Ahead Of Campaign Rally In Zamfara(pi / APC Raises Alarm Over Governor Amosun’s Last-minute Contracts In Ogun State / Election: Kogi Declares Public Holiday For Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.