Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area (23394 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria (2018) / Transport Prices From Lagos To Any Part Of Nigeria 2018 / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by fF01(m): 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
Buffalowings3:

Don't let me nack you jazz o
Come and complete your sentence...
Lmao! ���
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by N0favors: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2018
Buhari has messed everything up fr
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
am i the hausa boy? He claims to be from sokoto and that is what he told me. I have not been to sokoto for about 25- 26 years now
i think you need to update your post then, I've been living in sokoto for more than 3years now, so I know the price of things here in sokoto quite alright
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Mcweber(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
Anybody knows about life in Osogbo here??
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by dukeprince50: 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2018
AryEmber:
Agriculture Extension & Communication Technology.
wow, Im studying agric, I am a pedologists though. feel happy whenever I see agriculturists

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by dukeprince50: 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2018
AryEmber:
Agriculture Extension & Communication Technology.
wow, I'm studying agric, happy to see agriculturists like me
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by femijay8271(m): 7:00pm On Dec 26, 2018
Firstgentleman1:
Here in Ilorin.

Feeding

-If you are the cooking type, food stuffs are generally cheap. With N1,600, you are sure of cooking well garnished soup with stew to go. Budget like N600 for meat, ponmo and smoked fish, then 1k for other ingredients and you are good to go. Just do your shopping at places like Oja Oba or Oja Tuntun. For better bargain, go after 6pm. *winks

- For the eating out brothers, with N150, you can feed well at bukas. Add N100 to that sum and you are sure of same at standard and neat restaurants. For the exclusive fast food joints, N1,000 will do.

Accommodation

- You can get a good one room self contain for N80,000 at places like Adewole, Fate, Tanke etc. You'll get same for N50,000 or 60K at places like Oloje Estate, Adeta, Agbo Oba etc.

Transport.

Average cost is N80 for keke, taxi and bike. The lowest for the three is N50. Bus still run N40 from Oja Oba to POst office and challenge.. Or Oloje to Ogidi.

Olosho.

Who needs them when you can hang out at places like Water view and get a

Bro, shey u be kwaran? I just love all u stated up there
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by MaziOmenuko: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2018
Any young man that stays in allen/opebi Ikeja always always always knows the price of ashawo. That area is the Sodom and Gomorrah extension here in naija. Next is old ojo road in satelite town.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Offpoint: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
SweetBuns:
Well, life is not that hard here in akure!
With a decent 350k plus, you can get decent accommodation in a decent neighbourhood with decent people. I'd have said the place is safe if not for the skull miners that are rampant around here.
Transportation is a bit costly, provisions costlier, and others follow up.
In other words akure is a good place if you're looking for peace and quiet. And thats what I dont like. Nothing happens here. I miss Lagos cry
You live in Akure? let's hook up then...
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Ademat7(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2018
Magodo,Lagos
Food:cheap #1000 can get u a pot of stew with vegetables
Aboki sell fruits at the gate #100 can get u a decent size
School fee: 150-200k per term
Accommodation: mini flat of 600k is available
Health care: Govt hospital is not too far #200fare
Haircut:#1000guys
Light:10hrs

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2018
remiproxy:
i think you need to update your post then, I've been living in sokoto for more than 3years now, so I know the price of things here in sokoto quite alright
that is what you should have said and not saying i am misleading people? The boy could have been exaggerating and he could have been honest. Even now i dont know if he could be from an area where it is N5

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by micflo28(m): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2018
I don't want to talk about abuja. Just that cool businesses flourish in abuja lipsrsealed
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by SweetBuns(f): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Offpoint:

You live in Akure? let's hook up then...
Sorry but I'm taken tongue
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by propsvila: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
Spend about 70k monthly for upkeep both transport, feeding, other useless unforeseen expenses and flexing here in Lagos. I don't want to write story.

Accommodation is expensive, average of 500k in mainland, anything less would be at areas where you don't get comfortable or where jobs are not much which means you spend more on transport with loads of stress. cry

Some part of island cost less but you would also spend more on transport with stress as well.

All the same, Lagos is a balling place, you get your cash and a car you are good to go.

And lastly, relationships are expensive to maintain here, before you go on a date you think twice, the expenses and the stress, are they worth it? Sly anybody you like this is Lagos.... grin
I don't believe that some part of Lagos has cheap accommodation, you can get self contain apartment at Egbeda for 80,000.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Offpoint: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2018
SweetBuns:

Sorry but I'm taken tongue
Taken again? ha can he give you a break ni?

Not that kinda hook up I'm talking about ma'am, I'm talking about the casual one. since you're in Akure and as events of things may turn out to be... I'm in Akure too.

I'm not talking about toasting you ma'am.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by WebSurfer(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
well not myopic to be honest. I travel a lot, not seen any state in nigeria where you have so much people earning decent salaries like lagos. Business can go really big too. It is not a myth, what average businesses are making here cant be compared with that of any other state in nigeria
Bro say the truth, you ain’t living a quality life in Lagos right ?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
propsvila:

I don't believe that some part of Lagos has cheap accommodation, you can get self contain apartment at Egbeda for 80,000.
Egbeda na area? undecided mtcheeeeww
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2018
Firstgentleman1:
Here in Ilorin.

Feeding

-If you are the cooking type, food stuffs are generally cheap. With N1,600, you are sure of cooking well garnished soup with stew to go. Budget like N600 for meat, ponmo and smoked fish, then 1k for other ingredients and you are good to go. Just do your shopping at places like Oja Oba or Oja Tuntun. For better bargain, go after 6pm. *winks

- For the eating out brothers, with N150, you can feed well at bukas. Add N100 to that sum and you are sure of same at standard and neat restaurants. For the exclusive fast food joints, N1,000 will do.

Accommodation

- You can get a good one room self contain for N80,000 at places like Adewole, Fate, Tanke etc. You'll get same for N50,000 or 60K at places like Oloje Estate, Adeta, Agbo Oba etc.

Transport.

Average cost is N80 for keke, taxi and bike. The lowest for the three is N50. Bus still run N40 from Oja Oba to POst office and challenge.. Or Oloje to Ogidi.

Olosho.

wow! i love this
please tell us more on job or business in Ilorin...we never can tell, Ore don tire me
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
remiproxy:
#5 groundnut in sokoto, that's a blatant lie. the lowest price for groundnut in sokoto is #20. stop misleading people pls.
Is sachet water still N5 over there? ( Sokoto)
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by WetinUGain: 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Someone said #50,000 for accommodation....wooww.....,d agent fees l paid at Gbagada was more than #70k......I have lived in Abuja,it is so bbbbboooorrinng, frequent Silverbird then..... Transportation is a bit less expensive

If Govt can just do this train...My friends in Oshogbo and Niger state(can't remember d place now),say they enjoy light 24 hrs....

Accommodation, feeding,going out, transportation and being on date are expensive in Lagos,imagine living in Lekki and ur partner is in Ikorodu...���.

Lagos is fun..proud of friends have met here so far

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Firstgentleman1:
Here in Ilorin.

Feeding

Accommodation

Transport.

Olosho.

how about job...what business can one do that is lucrative o'er there?
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
cenaman:
You people have list everything what about cost of marriage?
Somewhere in Nigeria it is N1m if you know you know
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
asuustrike1:
Is sachet water still N5 over there? ( Sokoto)
yes
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
MaziOmenuko:
Any young man that stays in allen/opebi Ikeja always always always knows the price of ashawo. That area is the Sodom and Gomorrah extension here in naija. Next is old ojo road in satelite town.
Not true I have a friend that lives there and he doesn't have an idea of the price of ashawo
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2018
WebSurfer:

Bro say the truth, you ain’t living a quality life in Lagos right ?
generally? Or what?
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Ademat7:
Magodo,Lagos
Food:cheap #1000 can get u a pot of stew with vegetables
Aboki sell fruits at the gate #100 can get u a decent size
School fee: 150-200k per term

Accommodation: mini flat of 600k is available
Health care: Govt hospital is not too far #200fare
Haircut:#1000guys
Light:10hrs
They are expensive

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
dukeprince50:
wow, I'm studying agric, happy to see agriculturists like me
Fellow Naasite! Nice to meet you.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
I live in Lagos. Live at Lekki. Here are my expenses.

Rent: N450k per year (900k actually, but I share a 2bedroom with a roommate).

FOOD AND GROCERIES

1a. Eating out - thrice per week: N7,000 - N10,000
1. Fast food: a chicken and rice meal at the Chicken Republic - N1250;
2. Buka food - a very filling meal of rice, or fufu, or semo with fish and or, goat meat: N500
3. Apples - medium sizes N100
Banana - head of 10 - N500
4. Watermelon - large head - N800
5. Nigerian live chicken prepped - N2000 per kilo
6. Frozen orobo chicken - N1,000 per kilo
7. Kilo of Titus fish - N1200
8. Half kilo of beef and or assorted - N1000
9. Cooking oil: palm oil - 1 litre - 600; power oil - 1400 per litre
10. Cooking Gas - N360 per litre

Prices of food and other household supplies are really expensive here smiley

ENERGY AND UTILITIES

B. Petrol - N4000 per week

C. Electricity - N3000 per month: prepaid billing.

D. Transport
1. Uber to and fro my co-working space x5 days in a week: N7,000
2. Distances under 1Km in public transport

i) Keke - N50
ii) Danfo - N30
ii) Bike - N200

3. Distances above 10km in public transport

i) Keke - N150
ii) Danfo - N100
ii) Bike - N400

VICES AND LEISURE

A. Tickets

1. Small shows: free, but you must buy drink!
2. Beaches and nature reserves: N1,000 - N2,000 for admission. Buy your own shit.
3. Clubs - Most are free entry save for a few where you have to register as a member
4. Headline shows - Normal tickets: N5,000
5. International/Invite only events - Normal tickets: N10,000 to $$$$!

B. ALCOHOL

1. Star Lager - N300; Heineken, N500, Small Stout, N400; Big Stout, N700
2. Non-premium brand 750 Ml whisky e.g Seagrams - N2,500 - N4,000; Premium liquor: VERY, VERY EXPENSIVE
3. Mini pack, sachets, and other cheap, rot-gut liquor: same price as everywhere in Nigeria

C. HIGHNESS

1. 500 grams of SK - N4000 (lasts three weeks)
2. Codeine N2000
3. Roche - 8 tabs, N1500
4. Regular Benson cigs - N400 per pack

D. OLOSHO

1.In call - 2hrs, N5K
2.Out Call - 2hrs - N10K
3. Carry from the club and overnight - N10K - N15K depending upon the time of contract commencement, and bargaining skills
4. Perverse sex - 40K to 1M grin grin

I spend about N100K per month on all my expenses, and the quality of life that affords me, I cannot complain. Only looking forward to the day I leave this country called Nigeria. I won't come back until 20 years have elapsed. Nigeria is too hard mehn!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by cooltola(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
Why do you want to sleep with an olosho for a low price? If 5k which is not a lot of money can cost you an incurable STD like herpes and AIDS then I will advised you to avoid the wahala. notice- condoms do not avoid all stds, stay safe and happy holidays

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by WebSurfer(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
generally? Or what?
I can’t stay in Lagos for many reasons

I know you want to tell me how much fun it is and all that but I’m not a very fun loving person.

I know how to make myself happy without going out and all that.
Staying in Lagos is a lot of stress, life and time management I can’t keep up with

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by propsvila: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2018
SonsOfLiverpool:
Egbeda na area? undecided mtcheeeeww
I am not sure you know Egbeda very well, it is very organized with good infastructures.
Lagos is level by level Abi no be person dey Ikorodu

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 World’s Most Beautiful National Parks / Warri-itakpe-ajaokuta Rail Line Completed, Ajaokuta to Abuja next Says Minister / Passengers Experience Chaos As Conveyor Belts At MMIA Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.