Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area (23312 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cities In Nigeria (2018) / Transport Prices From Lagos To Any Part Of Nigeria 2018 / How Much Is Canada Visa Fee In Nigeria 2018? – Check Out Visa Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Buffalowings3(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2018
Firstgentleman1:
Here in Ilorin.

Feeding

-If you are the cooking type, food stuffs are generally cheap. With N1,600, you are sure of cooking well garnished soup with stew to go. Budget like N600 for meat, ponmo and smoked fish, then 1k for other ingredients and you are good to go. Just do your shopping at places like Oja Oba or Oja Tuntun. For better bargain, go after 6pm. *winks

- For the eating out brothers, with N150, you can feed well at bukas. Add N100 to that sum and you are sure of same at standard and neat restaurants. For the exclusive fast food joints, N1,000 will do.

Accommodation

- You can get a good one room self contain for N80,000 at places like Adewole, Fate, Tanke etc. You'll get same for N50,000 or 60K at places like Oloje Estate, Adeta, Agbo Oba etc.

Transport.

Average cost is N80 for keke, taxi and bike. The lowest for the three is N50. Bus still run N40 from Oja Oba to POst office and challenge.. Or Oloje to Ogidi.

Olosho.

Who needs them when you can hang out at places like Water view and get a
Don't let me nack you jazz o
Come and complete your sentence...

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Firstgentleman1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Don't let me nack you jazz o Come and complete your sentence...
LOL. You go wait taya. You ain't getting nada

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:21pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
Oh yes! I forgot transportation.
There are still keke of N50 in lagos. Opebi to ikeja is N50, ikeja to allen is N50 etc. Taxi? Well... if not uber or taxify. Taxi can be as cheap as N500 depending on how far you are going. But N500 seems to be the minimum for shot distances

You have options such as

Danfo,
Molue,
BRT
Uber
Keke
Gokada
Taxify
Yellow taxi
Private cars plying as taxis
Aboki okada (these ones can ruin your life!)
Mehn that's high... shockedshockedshocked
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 9:36pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
Futa?
Right
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Mehn that's high... shockedshockedshocked
for cab? I dont think so. You can take keke napep for N50 instead here instead of taxi for most short distances
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2018
AryEmber:
Right
what year did you graduate?
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by DanDeeBoss(m): 9:49pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
for cab? I dont think so. You can take keke napep for N50 instead here instead of taxi for most short distances
oh OK.... The cheapest here are the government transit buses [20 or 30 naira]...keke [50]....Yellow taxi [50-200naira]
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
oh OK.... The cheapest here are the government transit buses [20 or 30 naira]...keke [50]....Yellow taxi [50-200naira]
ok bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
Graduate Ke? I wrote 'school' not 'schooled' oh! I just began ref.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
Graduate Ke? I wrote 'school' not 'schooled' oh! I just began sef.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2018
AryEmber:
Graduate Ke? I wrote 'school' not 'schooled' oh! I just began ref.
lolz! Ok Futa 2012here
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by amaniro: 10:32pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
exactly! Osogbo is miles better than akure believe me. Akure is just big for nothing. Lagos is the most interesting place in nigeria believe me. Lagos has everything the good and bad.
Opportunities abound and you can really become 'big' here.

U said the truth but this is the myopic view people have and that's why there are about 12million people in Lagos. Lagos is not a land filled with milk and honey. You can make it without Lagos. Umuahia is very cheap when it comes to transport and housing but food is damn costly. Aba to umuahia which is about 45~ 1hr cost 300 naira.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
amaniro:

U said the truth but this is the myopic view people have and that's why there are about 12million people in Lagos. Lagos is not a land filled with milk and honey. You can make it without Lagos. Umuahia is very cheap when it comes to transport and housing but food is damn costly. Aba to umuahia which is about 45~ 1hr cost 300 naira.
well not myopic to be honest. I travel a lot, not seen any state in nigeria where you have so much people earning decent salaries like lagos. Business can go really big too. It is not a myth, what average businesses are making here cant be compared with that of any other state in nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
lolz! Ok Futa 2012here
2012?! A decade interval to when I'll graduate. Wait! I never even obtain SSCE in 2012 gan. All the same, Great Futarian!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2018
AryEmber:
2012?! A decade interval to when I'll graduate. Wait! I never even obtain SSCE in 2012 gan. All the same, Great Futarian!
great! So what are you studying?
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
great! So what are you studying?
Agriculture Extension & Communication Technology.
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2018
AryEmber:
Agriculture Extension & Communication Technology.
that is good. Wish you all the best sis.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by AryEmber(f): 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
that is good. Wish you all the best sis.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by anonymuz(m): 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
Oh yes! I forgot transportation.
There are still keke of N50 in lagos. Opebi to ikeja is N50, ikeja to allen is N50 etc. Taxi? Well... if not uber or taxify. Taxi can be as cheap as N500 depending on how far you are going. But N500 seems to be the minimum for shot distances

You have options such as

Danfo,
Molue,
BRT
Uber
Keke
Gokada
Taxify
Yellow taxi
Private cars plying as taxis
Aboki okada (these ones can ruin your life!)
grin grin
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by amaniro: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2018
HardMirror:
well not myopic to be honest. I travel a lot, not seen any state in nigeria where you have so much people earning decent salaries like lagos. Business can go really big too. It is not a myth, what average businesses are making here cant be compared with that of any other state in nigeria

I hate Lagos. * No offence*

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 30, 2018
There are cheaper things in lagos ah swear
My sister is talking about buying fifa 19 cd at abj for at least 20k
When I'm downloading in ikeja for 2k with (Bros abeg come this side)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
There are cheaper things in lagos ah swear
My sister is talking about buying fifa 19 cd at abj for at least 20k
When I'm downloading in ikeja for 2k with (Bros abeg come this side)
sure bro there are a lot of cheap things in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by narrowpathy(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nice tread here. Lemme talk about Abuja.
Accomodation: Depends on where you plan to stay. Self contained (room with kitchen and bathroom) in city centre (Garki, Wuse, Maitama, Asokoro) can range from 550k to 800k. Suburban areas(Lugbe, Jabi, Galadimawa, Gwarinpa) 550 to 300k. Outskirts (Some parts of lugbe, nyanya, gwagwalada, kubwa, Bwari, zuba etc) 300 to 150/120k.

Transportation: There's the "along", where you can pay from N50 to N100 to even N250 along with other passengers depending on the distance of your trip. With about 1000k you can travel the whole of Abuja if you know your way around town�.
There's Drop, shortest trip N200. For longer trips I would advise you use UBER or Taxify.

Feeding: Buka food, 300, eatery, 700, Food stuffs are cheap. If you cook, you can manage 3k a week. More like enjoy with 3k a week.

Olosho: Depends on type and or location. N500 to N15k per round. Don't ask me how I know �

School Fees: Depends on the type of school. My church owns a primary and secondary school and they collect 90k per term. International schools here however collect in millions. More like 1.2 million upwards. Heard of a school that collects 4 million per term. Government schools also exist.

Flexing: Abuja flex zones are coded. Probably because of the slightly religious nature of Abuja people. It takes a trained eye to spot one. I'm not huge on clubbing as I have a problem with loud sounds. However there are loads of sitouts and parks, cinemas and exotic eateries too. Keep at least 5k in your pocket when going out. It might be too little or too much.

12 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by ZeroShenanigan(m): 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
Generally, cost of living is on the high side, over two years ago I have tried to avoid costly accommodation in Ilorin here. Costly as in room and parlour self contained for the price of 70-90k. My budget for it has always been 50k, but I couldn't get for such amount.
Now I have to settle for same type of apartment for 100k, and 30k for agent, Well serviced with all facilities. Varies from environment, my side is ogidi, it's a cool environment with steady power supply because of some federal government establishment around the area. Someone already talked about feeding, transportation and school fees above.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2018
Portharcourt is not so Expensive undecided

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Zealoy(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2018
Tallesty1:
Nigeria is not an amazing country. I can't say much because I don't know the quantity/size but the price of groundnut is on the high side here compared to other northern states.
With 150k you can get a clean two bedroom flats here. Though it depends on the street, that same amount can only get a self con at APC quarters. I don't like eating out, I cook almost everything I eat when I am at home. With 7k, I can cook three different soups and still have some change. A plate of food in restaurants here is between N250-500.
An average hotel room costs N5k here, you can get cleans ones with N2k though. It is about location and environment.
Never had any business with these ones so I have nothing to say.
My location is Suleja, Niger state
So u be suleja boy! Well I use to live in suleja, suleja club to be precise though I don't pay house rent lived in my father's house, cost of living is relatively low in suleja compare to gwagwalada, kubwa or even inside Abuja the city centre
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
HardMirror:
Posting this here so as to get good participation.

I am creating this thread because Nigeria is a really amazing country where almost everything contracts from state to state. From culture, to language, and even cost of living.

Today i met an hausa boy complaining that the groundnut being sold for N50 in Lagos (ikeja) costs only N5 in Sokoto. that is a whooping 1000% difference in price.

about a week ago a friend of mine from Akure called me and asked me to help her get an accommodation along Allen or Opebi, i asked her for her budget and she said N150k. I almost bust out laughing. Told her to get at least 300k for a self contained apartment (that is just a room with it's kitchen and bathroom). A two bedroom flat costs about 600k (lower average), 3 bedroom would cost over a million naira for most apartments here on allen.

I dont cook, i eat out always. Depending on what i wish to eat, a meal costs me from 300 naira (for street food like my favorite ghanian wanche) to 1500 if i wish to eat at the restaurants around.

Average hotel cost is 15,000 here except you want to go and lodge in the slumps here in ikeja such as ipodo area or ikeja under bridge area, you would get accommodation of 5k. However a good lodging will cost you a minimum of N35k for ibis hotel and the likes. Sheraton is not in my area.

Olosho would cost you 5k for the average ones sha. 10k for the presentable ones (if you know how to bargain)

if you cant spare a minimum of 300k for school fees in a year (primary school) please dont come to lagos else you want your child to go to public school or a mushroom private school.

What else? Ask me any other costs you wish to know along opebi allen in ikeja.

Share key costs of commodities and accommodation in your area
#5 groundnut in sokoto, that's a blatant lie. the lowest price for groundnut in sokoto is #20. stop misleading people pls.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by yinkeys(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
Cost of living now on the rise sad
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by engrkaz(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
Abuja: Expensive list
Accommodation
Schools for the kids
Transportation is gradually joining this list too...
Not too expensive:
Olosho
Shayo
Fitness centers
Seasonally expensive:
Hotels
Not expensive at all:
FOOD (I bought a matured goat 8k on Friday... slaughtered, skinned and butchered)

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by HardMirror(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2018
remiproxy:
#5 groundnut in sokoto, that's a blatant lie. the lowest price for groundnut in sokoto is #20. stop misleading people pls.
am i the hausa boy? He claims to be from sokoto and that is what he told me. I have not been to sokoto for about 25- 26 years now
Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
Spend about 70k monthly for upkeep both transport, feeding, other useless unforeseen expenses and flexing here in Lagos. I don't want to write story.

Accommodation is expensive, average of 500k in mainland, anything less would be at areas where you don't get comfortable or where jobs are not much which means you spend more on transport with loads of stress. cry

Some part of island cost less but you would also spend more on transport with stress as well.

All the same, Lagos is a balling place, you get your cash and a car you are good to go.

And lastly, relationships are expensive to maintain here, before you go on a date you think twice, the expenses and the stress, are they worth it? Sly anybody you like this is Lagos.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Living In Nigeria 2018: Give Key Costs Of Neccesities In Your Area by cenaman(m): 6:49pm On Dec 26, 2018
You people have list everything what about cost of marriage?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protesting Drivers Block Kaduna-Abuja Highway Over Shooting Of Driver By Police / Two Planes Collide At Lagos Airport / Petrol Tanker Rams Into Danfo In Lagos This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.