Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns (8272 Views)

Men And Women: Who Snore More? / Smoking Really Does Make Your Face Look Older, New Study Warns / 11 Signs Of Heart Disease That Should Not Be Ignored (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Nobody: 2:36am On Dec 01, 2018
ikorodureporta:
undecided undecided
Why are their dicks so small?
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Tats(m): 3:15am On Dec 01, 2018
That is how people discount such studies. It affects men too and many people have OSA in Nigeria but don’t get it diagnosed and it leads to early death. You wake up in the morning after sleeping for not less than 6 or 7 hours and when your alarm sounds, you ask yourself “did i sleep at all??”. You get to work or school feeling sleepy all day or doze off in meetings, sessions or conferences like most of our old men do, coupled with minimal energy to do things. You heart has to pump extra hard at night and your brain is deprived of oxygen many times in the night. In the UK, they wouldn’t waste time in giving you a CPAP machine for free on the NHS and that changes people’s lives.

1 Like

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Alleviator: 3:20am On Dec 01, 2018
https://www.yourtotalneeds.com/?p=2103 yea, i don hear for women, what of the me here https://www.yourtotalneeds.com/?p=2103 ??
PromiseAce:
Women who snore have a higher risk of developing heart disease, a new study has warned.

Researchers from Munich University Hospital have discovered a link between a sleep disorder called obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and snoring.

OSA causes an increased risk for ventricular dysfunction in the heart - and worryingly, may be vastly under-diagnosed among snorers.

In the study, the researchers analysed data from 4,877 UK patients who had received a cardiac MRI.
Of those patients, 118 had OSA, 1,886 were self-reported snorers, 2,477 did not have OSA or snore, and 396 were discounted.

Dr Adrian Curta, who led the study, explained: “Our analysis showed that in both genders of the OSA and snoring groups there was an increase in left ventricular mass, meaning that the walls of the heart's main pumping chamber are enlarged, making the heart work harder.”

The results also showed that this effect was far more common in women than in men.

Dr Curta added: “We found that the cardiac parameters in women appear to be more easily affected by the disease and that women who snore or have OSA might be at greater risk for cardiac involvement.
“We also found that the prevalence of diagnosed OSA in the study group was extremely low.
“Together with the alterations in cardiac function in the snoring group, it leads us to believe that OSA may be grossly under-diagnosed.”

The findings suggest that snoring may be the first sign of an evolving process leading to cardiac issues.

The researchers hope their findings will encourage people who snore to get screened for OSA.

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/women-who-snore-have-a-higher-risk-of-developing-heart-disease-study-warns/
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by InvertedHammer: 3:32am On Dec 01, 2018
/.
Nothing to do with gender.

OSA? A good start will be to lose some weight.

/
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by israelmao(m): 4:20am On Dec 01, 2018
Snoring could be embrassing and disturbing.
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by mansoura(f): 4:23am On Dec 01, 2018
How about men?
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Hades2016(m): 4:35am On Dec 01, 2018
My Ex and snore are like dis

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Samuellyno(m): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2018
cardiovascular diseases.....it a natural but just deals with live bit when it comes to snoring lol..... ....I can't really say

huh....useless study na
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by annyberry: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2018
dalongjnr:
Very terrible. It's peculiar with obese women. Obesity on it's own is a contributing factor in most cardiac-Pulmonary disorders eg, HHD,OSA... etc.
hnmmm.....i dnt agree with you my gf is a very lepacious person including my brother ,dere snoring dey put fear for my body especially when I Neva sleep......i do pray to far asleep before dem.

1 Like

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 01, 2018
Fat women who snore have a higher rate of developing heart disease, I have not seen a slim woman that snores
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Kelvin3476: 6:05am On Dec 01, 2018
I really hate snoring. But snoring can't stop me from marrying the woman I love. Just dat it will limit my sleeping time, because any slight noise can wake me up.

1 Like

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Spatta: 6:05am On Dec 01, 2018
I looked at those veiwing this topic and reading cimments for fear and notice the ladies veiwing it right now. Dont be too scared. The blood of Jesus is able to heal you. I know they will log off right now

1 Like

Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by dalongjnr: 6:49am On Dec 01, 2018
annyberry:
hnmmm.....i dnt agree with you my gf is a very lepacious person including my brother ,dere snoring dey put fear for my body especially when I Neva sleep......i do pray to far asleep before dem.
lol,sorry for what they are putting u through. I said that is"peculiar with obese women' (and even men)". It's doesn't exempt the lien. in short, it's common with obese people.
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by Bellgal: 7:59am On Dec 01, 2018
annyberry:
Hahhahahahahahah
Re: Women Who SNORE Have A Higher Risk Of Developing Heart Disease, Study Warns by scoundrel(f): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2020
...not if said women are athletes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Original Aju Mbaise Herbs / COVID-19 Update For August 2 2021 In Nigeria / 5 Foods That'll Flatten Your Stomach (no Exercise Required)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.