Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? (9959 Views)

Is Medical Sales Rep A Good Career Or Job? / Should I Chase The Money Or Focus On School / How Can I Pursue A Career In Public Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by SURElee(f): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2018
Go to school and continue with your business.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by OfficialSam(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2018
tstx:
Focus on your skill.... Degrees are useless in Nigeria (unless you dey plan enter politics)...
But if you must get a degree, You can always get it much much later....

Who says degrees are useless? Because you don't have one doesn't make it useless okay. Op, please go for the degree and you can always create time and develop your skills, even while studying. Seize this opportunity and acquire the certificate. You won't regret it!
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by Maj196(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Skill = 60%
Education = 40%
IMO, try and do both... I just finished my degree dis year and while in school I picked up programming as my preferred skill.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by samigben(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2018
guy carry on with your admission and develop on your skills.
I wish you Success.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by pelumi001(m): 3:52pm On Dec 01, 2018
Try as much as possible to have the two cause it will later payoff. Contact me for CCTV CAMERAS installation, servicing of CCTV and intercom installation.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by lammy530(m): 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
I want to teach only 20 people how to make up to #60k monthly with just a token of #1500....Inbox me if you're interested on whatsapp @ 2348154183853 .... if you can't take risks, you can never be successful
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by jmichael259(m): 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
StUdY1:

But the fact that I read a few pages on different thread on this forum that it is better to have a skill than having a degree have being making me to think about forgetting about education and focus more on what I am doing(which is my skill)

PLS I WILL NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!THANKS...

You got the point wrong! DEGREE WITHOUT PROFESSION IS JUST PAPER.

EDUCATION IS BOTH BY SCHOOL AND SKILL. You have skill now go to school.

You want us to think you are too dumb or scared of classes. Except you absolutely can't afford school for now.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by Emanodimo(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2018
Adiwana:
Why don't you reapply for Electronics Engr??It will expose you to advanced Electronics in terms Theories,Electronic designs etc.And since you are grounded in the practical aspects,it will make you to be fantastic and really give you an edge in the field.Good luck

I concur with your advice
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by StUdY1: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2018
THANKS A LOT EVERYONE FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by StUdY1: 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
itiswellandwell:
I will advice you to focus on your skills. Give your skills more development like learning skills like Air conditions service and repairs, house and industrial conduit and wiring etc. Electrical and electronics skills that will earn you big contracts. Also, buy Tvs, tapes etc and sell.
As for your degree. Look for somewhere you can do part time for the certificate sake perhaps an opportunity may arise in future and there will be need for it. Na practical be the koko and you have got one bringing money for you. Don't ever stop letting you bring money for you. Na money be fine bobo!

Check my signature for original follow come Samsung fast adaptive charger.
I am into TV (buying and selling) and slightly phone .. I am very active in the tech section
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by Casemiro(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
> it is well

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by StUdY1: 1:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
Adiwana:
Why don't you reapply for Electronics Engr??It will expose you to advanced Electronics in terms Theories,Electronic designs etc.And since you are grounded in the practical aspects,it will make you to be fantastic and really give you an edge in the field.Good luck
I applied for physics (want to build my CGPA on 5 and above) then have my masters in Elect/Elect
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by StUdY1: 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
LORDKing001:

You got admitted to study physics at futminna. Pursue your dream
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by Adiwana: 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2018
StUdY1:

I applied for physics (want to build my CGPA on 5 and above) then have my masters in Elect/Elect

Don't really know about doing masters in Engr from other fields but in my own opinion,leave physics and jump right into Engineering.No need spending 4 years outside only to still come back to that same Engineering.Besides Electronics Engineering is what you you practicalise.You can can still do Electronics as B.eng and Electrical as M.eng or whatever way you decide to do it.
Re: Pursue A Career Or Focus More On My Skill? by StUdY1: 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
Adiwana:

Don't really know about doing masters in Engr from other fields but in my own opinion,leave physics and jump right into Engineering.No need spending 4 years outside only to still come back to that same Engineering.Besides Electronics Engineering is what you you practicalise.You can can still do Electronics as B.eng and Electrical as M.eng or whatever way you decide to do it.
Ok thanks a lot will switch after 200l

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Cisco Networking Professional Training (Skills-Train.co.uk) Possible? / How To Survive A Job Loss / 5 College Staff Die In Abia Over Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.