Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,322 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection (42462 Views)

US Approves First Gene Therapies To Treat Sickle Cell Patients / How Soon Does Lab Test Detect HIV Infection After Being Exposed? / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection by 6digitscomrade: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2018
stanliwise:

Happy New month too. One problem of Nigeria is rooted more on how a typical Nigeria tend to to think. A typical Nigeria has many things to appeal to (religon, tribe, sentiment, emotions) before he finally do the analytic reasoning. There are many problem I guess but I see the major problem is inability to secure its public fund in the hand of the wicked or "cleptomanic" politicians. This again is the problem of the citizens. If we practice democracy it means power are in the hand of the common populace unless it is not a true democracy. So there is no need to weep for Nigeria. We are all responsible somehow. If you're one of the good ones remember.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it". Albert Einstein
yes bro..I completely agree with u...Good morning...

A wise man once said to ignore crime it's crime itself...Perhaps that was why falz said we are all criminals..Because the majority of nigerians are already immersed and embroiled in the rot..
U see here on nairaland u can't even speak the truth as it were...U will either be ascribed apc,pdp,afonja,almajiri or ipob...

People have become so daft and inebriated mentally that I'm forced to want to give up...

Some even insults u terribly and even out of pain report to the mods because they can't stand listening to their own disgusts...

Sadly we are now home andHQ to all terrible things..Even if we are the 6th richest oil producing nation in the world...We don't av a middle class family bro...Either u are poor or rich..

I remember 3years ago i was in nja at a bar and the bar man called as i was about to enter my car for a private discussion ..What was it?? He said he likes me and my calmness when i come there with friends that we were different...I said ok...And he said i want you guys to show me the way...Even if its blood money i will do I'm ready...I was shocked because he was only 22yrs of age...Meanwhile at 22 i was in my final year..

Bro wat happened next is history...Although i helped him with waec and jamb forms whatever but i stopped going there after..
Re: World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2018
AdedoyinO:

Hmmm, you didn't answer the question.

I hope you know that illness, disease and death are true for every living organism and system; including plants? Even bacteria have viruses and other bacteria that attack and lyse them.

So on this premise, and accordding to your logic, it should be correct to say every living system is flawed... But against which standard?

Do you need a perfect prototype before you can know that your mobile phone is limited and needs more improvement? That is what compels humans to be innovative.

The human body on the other hand is flawed, outdated which is what triggered genetic engineering. A field that is trying to create a more perfect human. Our evolving ability is damn slow compared
to the changes ongoing in our immediate environment, making this body unsuitable.

Don't worry, you will soon see the perfect prototype when this field takes friction. I dnt need a standard to know that something is a flaw or needs tremendous improvement. That will be plain stupidity.

Lastly, the word perfect shouldn't be used. There will always be a need to advance, improve or evolve. In this context, perfection is an illusion. It doesn't exist.
Re: World’s First Gene-edited Babies Created In China, To Resist HIV Infection by jbblues24(m): 1:01am On Jun 02, 2019
Outstandingly thought out! It makes me laugh... kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Sue One Of The Biggest Private Hospital In Lagos / Newborn Baby With His Intestines Outside His Body In Cross River (Disturbing Pix / Catholic Priest Infected With Ebola In Congo As Bishops Pray For Him Afar.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.