Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism (19140 Views)

Nora Roberts Replies Accusation Of Plagiarism By Tomi Adeyemi In Style / Nigerian Writer Blasted For Accusing American Writer Nora Roberts Of Theft / Tomi Adeyemi Gets Hollywood Deal For New Book (kwenu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
Fierce11:

The text quoted above, was my comment on the post referring to Tomi's accusation. It was actually funny -and silly- that "learned" people mentioned me to insult me.
I have been vindicated. I hope that stupidity would also be detached from those that spewed trash at me.
Why are you quoting me? I follow you drag anything? I still stand by her
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nora Roberts? Plagiarism? I beg to differ. Tomi is an upstart writer. ( I have read children of blood and bones, and there is nothing special in it...really).
Don't come here , yelling New york times bestseller, being a harvard alumni( your contacts and the prestige itself can make you famous). She only wrote a young adult (africa themed) fantasy tale.
Not to detract from Tomi Adeyemi's achievements, I think she over-reached and with this singular act, stabbed herself and her career in the foot.

Nora Roberts is one of the most respected, successful and awarded writers of all time. She has been writing bestsellers since the world was young.

Google both persons and see.

Title plagiarism? Tomi dey Jonze

6 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lol...imagine Nora Roberts stealing her title? But nora can fit write epistle sha. I love nora Roberts books, I even built a collection of them. Sorry madam Tomi, in the literary, creative world, we believe that when God gives one person an idea, he drops thesame seed into thousands of other people's head. It is how u use the idea that differentiates you

3 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by KrystosCJ(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nora Roberts is a respected Irish novelist and I have read most of her books from teenage.

Tomi Adeyemi will never be respected. She's just another Twitter drag queen and drama slouch that parades her popularity by rants against people better than her.

The maturity is clear. Tomi is a sick child and Nora is a healthy writer.

5 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
There have been several books containing the title blood and bone even before the Tomi girl wrote her own. It's cheap publicity to accuse Nora of plagiarism when there have been similar titles that could also have accused Tomi.
very true. I think I read one weird book way back with a very similar title. Had midgets and this weird Indian tribe with uncommon names
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by naijaboiy: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2018
This was on front page earlier Abi is the Moderator high?
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by madridsta007(m): 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
bknight:
Nora, you just offered her free publicity. She achieved her cunning aim undecided

Same strategy wizkid & tiwa deployed for their planned song release.

Controversy.

She is smart.
Looked for free publicity and got it.
To think that a globally renowned author will want to steal off an unknown Nigerian author— unknown to Nigerians before this publicity-spawning gimmick— is to believe that Buhari standing next to Ganduje is seriously about fighting corruption.

Nora Roberts must have wanted to avoid any #BlackLifeMatters activism on this non-issue hence reached out to her. Else, it is pointless.

3 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by AHCB: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Cases like this are easily solved. The date both books were published will let us have an inkling as to who committed plagiarism.

grin cheesy
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Crenzywilliams(m): 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mrdason:
So you who is lying of plagiarism among the two
Idiot, so u no read the part when say them no de plagiarize tittle abi.

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Tbaby4real(f): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
deepwater:
Do they still read books in Nigeria?

Peeps are engage in body parts sales...

Tomi is a UK based writer.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by ianq: 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2018
Tomi reeks of corruption; take a closer look and you find she looks like fraud personified. She should be investigated. It’s absolutely plausible that she committed the crime of which she accuses another; I for one cannot trust the intellectual capacity of one who would stoop so low yet claim to be a writer. Does she come from a wealthy background? A rich father, perhaps? It would be believable that she has a ghostwriter in her employ, toiling away like a slave at the keyboard.

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by correctguy101(m): 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
Fierce11:

The text quoted above, was my comment on the post referring to Tomi's accusation. It was actually funny -and silly- that "learned" people mentioned me to insult me.
I have been vindicated. I hope that stupidity would also be detached from those that spewed trash at me.

Like seriously? On nairaland? $mh

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by wolverine1987: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
this tomi lady shot herself in d foot.... Nora Roberts of ball people haba

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by IForgotMyLoginD(f): 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Cos she isn't psychic to know Tomi will release a book a year after she released hers.
Yes, Nora's book was submitted way before Tomi published hers.

Buffalowings3:
Stupid woman..
She wanted to cash in on the rave reviews of tom's novel..
Why not choose another title.

I still maintain my stand...

2 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by correctguy101(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
ianq:
Tomi reeks of corruption; take a closer look and you find she looks like fraud personified. She should be investigated. It’s absolutely plausible that she committed the crime of which she accuses another; I for one cannot trust the intellectual capacity of one who would stoop so low yet claim to be a writer. Does she come from a wealthy background?, A rich father, perhaps? It would be believable that she has a ghostwriter in her employ, toiling away like a slave at the keyboard.

Corruption? Stooping low? Care to enlighten me?

@the bolded, TF you talking about?

If she's rich enough to pay a ghostwriter, that a problem?

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by mechanics(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
She should have got in contact with her at the initial stage, instead of going online to post her findings, thank God she has apologized.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Estherosev2(f): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biko where can I easily get nora's books
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by CanadianNaija: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Stupid woman..

Stupid illiterate Nigerian, Nora’s book was already selling months before Tomi’s got to her publishers.

You are guilty of what Nora wrote up there, but I’m very confident you didn’t read her response because it was too long, and complicated a write up for your dim witted mind.

Don’t join the band wagon all the time, you can’t even trademark a title unless it’s a series so in essence, a title can’t be stolen.

The ignorance you’re suffering from is what’s affecting Tomi, which is why she didn’t reach out to her management to inform her of this.

Take the free education I have given you, and shut the fuckup if you’re ignorant of the topic of discussion.

Stupid illiterate Nigerians, forever disgracing your ancestors.

9 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by AdorableJosh(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Stupid woman..

LMAOOO you literally said Tomi gave Nora Roberts clout, don't make me laugh, plus Nora's book had already been with the publisher, and with promotions a year before Tomi's book was released.

This has already made the front page before, slow news day Mods?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I have been worried since I heard they are using virgins for rituals. Oh Lord, pls protect me
God should protect enemy of progress undecided undecided?

2 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by djon78(m): 2:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
babadey:
By the manner at which each played their role on this issue, it shows Nora is matured.
You have to get your facts very right before accusing someone of plagiarism. That's the worst sin a writer could commit.
The internet was there for miss attention-$eeker to confirm and affirm her claims about the issue of theft before going to tweeter to shout foul play.

We Nigerian just think it's free to mess someone's being by words spoken out of our mouths.

Tomi is a whole mishmash of nonsense peppered by not being famous as a writer. And you don't climb success ladder by painting your colleagues (or anyone) black.

Very many Nigerians are very uncultured, which they carry to the social media space.

They don't check the kind of language they use.
It is very pathetic.

The international community will start avoiding such people.

No class, very uncultured, behaving like gutter.

Honestly we must truly change our ways
There is absolutely no iota of gain from such behavior

2 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
I've got several books with similar titles. Doesn't mean the authors who wrote them all plagiarized each other. I'm against plagiarism, but book titles are an exception cus it's not uncommon for different authors to have similar book titles.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Rumicarter: 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
This Nora get bad mouth sha.

4 Likes

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Rumicarter: 2:15pm On Nov 30, 2018
Buffalowings3:
Stupid woman..

Do you know who Nora Roberts is?
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by BluntBoy(m): 2:31pm On Nov 30, 2018
AHCB:
Cases like this are easily solved. The date both books were published will let us have an inkling as to who committed plagiarism.

grin cheesy

No, it is foolish to use publication dates.

Copyright date is what matters and since titles can't be copyrighted, Tomi shouldn't have made an accusation in the first place.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by ianq: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
correctguy101:

Corruption? Stooping low? Care to enlighten me?

@the bolded, TF you talking about?

If she's rich enough to pay a ghostwriter, that a problem?

You are fairly enlightened, good sir. Do not relent in your quest for more understanding.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by wagazala: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
CanadianNaija:

Stupid illiterate Nigerian, Nora’s book was already selling months before Tomi’s got to her publishers.

You are guilty of what Nora wrote up there, but I’m very confident you didn’t read her response because it was too long, and complicated a write up for your dim witted mind.

Don’t join the band wagon all the time, you can’t even trademark a title unless it’s a series so in essence, a title can’t be stolen.

The ignorance you’re suffering from is what’s affecting Tomi, which is why she didn’t reach out to her management to inform her of this.

Take the free education I have given you, and shut the fuckup if you’re ignorant of the topic of discussion.

Easy Tiger.
Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by enemyofprogress: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
asuustrike1:

God should protect enemy of progress undecided undecided?
amen

Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided its self on the amount of SHIT it gives our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your Representative at either the Senate or house of rep who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.

Sincerely,

The E.V.I.L. (Economic Value of Individual Lives) Committee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by sisisioge: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lynette2cute:
How can anyone accuse my darling Nora Robers of plagiarism? How?

Ose o...one silly disrespectful first timer! The rule is to have facts before making any accusations.

1 Like

Re: Nora Roberts Responds To Tomi Adeyemi Accusations Of Plagiarism by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
CanadianNaija:

Ol'boy see finishing!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christopher (A Short Story) / Which Of These Did You Read? / How An Encounter With A Marijuana Smoker Helped Solved My Problem- Johnspeak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.