Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management (51715 Views)

Terry G Begs For Financial Assistance From Davido, Wizkid, Others / Yemi Alade: Why Tiwa Savage Collaboration May Never Happen / Beyonce's Album: Davido Congratulates Wizkid, Others For Making (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by vioment: 2:59am On Dec 01, 2018
I no too understand this explanation/excuse. Maybe there is something to learn/understand here.

1 Like

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Diso60090(m): 3:52am On Dec 01, 2018
xxxtedyxxx:
What a useless and lame excuse.

How many live band shows has he performed in?

Is he the only Nigerian that's into live band shows?

He should come out clean to the public, and tell us something else.

He get HIZ hope you go rest for the matter now
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by onunwa21(m): 4:26am On Dec 01, 2018
My advise to Tecno, go drink raw egg nd monkey tail!!!!
We re Africans, we gat d cure

1 Like

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Samuellyno(m): 4:35am On Dec 01, 2018
is he the only one to do live concert

na wa oooo.....see excuse
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by DemmieCentric(m): 4:41am On Dec 01, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=SEGLIZ post=73445401]the major one I could remember was Whitney Houston, it almost brought her career to an abrupt, if not ruin, before she passed on. it was confirmed that hers was as a result doing drugs, (consumption of deadly substance).
if you're not high pitch I'm sure you can't do it, voicing and singing is meant to be natural no matter your voice, you are sure go on to do you pitch and tempo.
music masters wey unna dey o. me no gree this excuse o.

to the man above exactly my point - thank you. [/quote

Im a vocalist and this is not new. I almost damaged mine after a concert some weeeks back. Had to take a break and right now im still resting my voice. Its caused by a lot of things most especially trying to sing with a sore throat. It has happened to so many vocalists too. Even R kelly had vocal nodules and had to undergo surgery at a point. And tecno is actually a good vocalist. I have watched him perform a solo by himself on a keyboard before . So for those saying Davido and others dont have vocal damage. Not everyone has the same vocal chords and vocal strength. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by DemmieCentric(m): 4:45am On Dec 01, 2018
beewhy009:
Mumu excuse... So what should we say about our Church choirs who perform every week with high pitched voices or whenever you wn call am?

DBanj na master in live shows, and those Fuji masters too. Wizzy and sm others. Why be say na Tekno voice cn tear? cheesy

Next!!!

Church choir wont tell you when their voice damage na
. Cos nobody will even understand. But it sure happens.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by DemmieCentric(m): 4:49am On Dec 01, 2018
samsilo:
Ignorance is not good at all . All this people saying yeye or hard drugs . Sam Smith and Adele (if don't know them please google ) big international stars that had surgery for vocal cord damage were doing smoking drugs too abi? Someone mentioned Pasuma , Davido etc , it is due to singing high notes which those ones don't . It is worse if the high notes are not in the range of your usual singing or talking range .
Thanks grin

Tell them jare. Only vocalists can understand.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by DemmieCentric(m): 4:52am On Dec 01, 2018
samsilo:
Ignorance is not good at all . All this people saying yeye or hard drugs . Sam Smith and Adele (if don't know them please google ) big international stars that had surgery for vocal cord damage were doing smoking drugs too abi? Someone mentioned Pasuma , Davido etc , it is due to singing high notes which those ones don't . It is worse if the high notes are not in the range of your usual singing or talking range .
Thanks grin

Tell them jare. Only vocalists can understand.
jaxxy:
Good vocal singers need to maintain their voice by avoiding certain drinks and stuffs especially before long performances or else over time u risk injuring ur vocal cord especially if Ure not experienced to know when Ure stressing it beyond its limit. Many artists have vocal cords stress/sores and need rest even Davido and Tiwa have bt doesn’t get the point they require an operation. Also artists have varying vocal cord strengths.

Correct. I know my people when i see them. Im still resting my voice too right now due to prolonged rehersals and a concert. But these folks dont understand .
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by DedeNkem: 5:04am On Dec 01, 2018
D'banj performs with live band most of the time and he has been doing it for more than 10 years without damaged vocal cord excuses!

Tecno doesn't have high pitch singing voice, so I don't get it!
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Matinho: 5:45am On Dec 01, 2018
Stop smoking igbo. You don scatter that throat with inflammation.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Promotersparlou: 6:05am On Dec 01, 2018
Xtensionn:
During the week, when news broke on social media that Nigerian afro-pop singer, Tekno Miles, a.k.a Slim Daddy would be briefly away from the music scene as a result of the temporary damage to his vocal cord due to excessive strain he has put on it overtime, music pundits and critics wondered why Tiwa, Wizkid, Davido, others, who also make music as much as he does have never suffered such.

However, in a chat with Showtime, his road manager, John, explained why Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa and others have never had to grapple with such major challenge.

“It can happen; Wizkid, Davido and others are always on the move for shows around the world too but they have never recorded such because they don’t do live band like Tekno. Tekno performs with a live band in all his international shows and even some in Nigeria. Davido doesn’t even have good vocal box and that’s why his voice sounds that way. Wizkid too can’t do high tempo music; it’s always mid tempo songs. Tiwa started professionally with good vocal coaches and all that, I’m sure that helps her a lot”, he said.

He added that international music acts also suffer such medical conditions, so, Tekno would not be the first.

“The same thing that happened to Tekno happens to international musicians too; they just have to treat it and rest the voice for some time to heal up”, he concluded.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/why-tiwa-wizkid-others-never-suffer-vocal-cord-damage-like-tekno-management/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJj_KIU7tc

Also Check this out, you don't want to miss this.

NYSC AZA is the New STEW End of the Year Party.

https://www.nairaland.com/4876718/stew-new-aza

1 Like

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Jfkitchen123(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2018
The dude wan go renew hin science jare! Na just public stunt
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by kingsleyugo41(m): 6:25am On Dec 01, 2018
beewhy009:
Mumu excuse... So what should we say about our Church choirs who perform every week with high pitched voices or whenever you wn call am?

DBanj na master in live shows, and those Fuji masters too. Wizzy and sm others. Why be say na Tekno voice cn tear? cheesy

Next!!!
pls talk with wisdom why is it that some people will take alcohol for the rest of their life and nothing will happen to them but some people it will cause damages? Bc we have different types of body system.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by TheWalkingMind: 6:54am On Dec 01, 2018
ArmaniUhuru:
If na by live band, them pasuma, k1, Osupa and the others for don die na.

Yeye dey really dey smell.
These guys you mentioned don't sing keys.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Nature8(m): 7:26am On Dec 01, 2018
LuciferAngel:

Did he pay for his drinks afterwards?
Ma nigga cheesy
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2018
LuciferAngel:

Did he pay for his drinks afterwards?
Lol! Who cares? This particular lie has been refuted.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Maxcollins042(m): 9:02am On Dec 01, 2018
This man doesn't even know what a tempo is.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Maxcollins042(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2018
mynairaland2018:
Wizkid performs with a liveband. I saw him live last year.
This is how you failed comprehension tests way back in school. Did he say Wizkid and other music artistes mentioned doesn't do live band? Wizkid and others doesn't do as much live band as Tekno does. Is it very hard to understand?
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2018
Maxcollins042:

This is how you failed comprehension tests way back in school. Did he say Wizkid and other music artistes mentioned doesn't do live band? Wizkid and others doesn't do as much live band as Tekno does. Is it very hard to understand?
This also is a lie. Are u seriously comparing the number of shows they both do? How many shows has tekno performed in 2018 for him to have used more live bands? Stop with the jokes. cry
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Sagay212: 9:14am On Dec 01, 2018
mikaelangelov:
The vocal cord don tear be say e don tear, no need for explanations, and BTW for those shouting pasuma and saheed...

Why compare tekno with em, are there voice notes the same, try to understand things sometimes, believe me I can't shout for 15 seconds straight coz it's how I was made, but it does not mean others cant...

In other news....

Which tekno song require shouting even if him do live band. Lol..mms blues or R and B e dey sing?
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Maxcollins042(m): 9:17am On Dec 01, 2018
mynairaland2018:

This also is a lie. Are u seriously comparing the number of shows they both do? How many shows has tekno performed in 2018 for him to have used more live bands? Stop with the jokes. cry
See me see wahala o. Are you supposed to be attacking me or Tekno's manager. You are hugely barking up the wrong tree. Please I only reiterated what he said.

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Sagay212: 9:20am On Dec 01, 2018
Maxcollins042:

What nonsense live band does tekno do. All of you should continue to decieve yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 01, 2018
Maxcollins042:

See me see wahala o. Are you supposed to be attacking me or Tekno's manager. You are hugely barking up the wrong tree. Please I only reiterated what he said.
But u came for me first na. cry Everything the manager said is a lie. So.............
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Maxcollins042(m): 9:23am On Dec 01, 2018
Sagay212:

What nonsense live band does tekno do. All of you should continue to decieve yourselves.
Hahahaha... transfer of aggression everywhere

Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Cockyguy11: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2018
Did this guy just take a dig at Davido?
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Maxcollins042(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2018
mynairaland2018:

But u came for me first na. cry Everything the manager said is a lie. So.............
So it ain't my headache to worry about. I came for you to correct an impression and you still don't get it.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Obeflacko(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2018
cyril700:
flavor has never performed without his live band, and he stays on stage for so long. may be his vocal box is made of iron.
Asin eh strong iron,no mind all this one's,I blive it's just a stupid stunt for him to trend,just as kcee wears rubbish to get ppl talking about them.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by dodelight(m): 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2018
samsilo:
Thanks grin
So, why should one sing outside their vocal range? Yes you mentioned some international stars, but professionalism in music also entails knowing your limits, and not letting some wannabe managers push you over the edge. cheers.
Re: Why Tiwa, Wizkid, Others Never Suffer Vocal Cord Damage Like Tekno – Management by Casemiro(m): 8:48am On Dec 02, 2018
> it is well

choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yazzistush Mimics Nicki Minaj In Halloween Pic, Minaj Posts Pic On Her Instagram / Pero Adeniyi Blasts Linda Ikeji For Cropping Her First Child Out (Photos) / Fashion Police Blasts Adaeze Yobo's Outfit:Your Outfit Is A 'Laugh Riot'(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.