Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final (18775 Views)

Poll: Who Will Be Crowned The U20 Female World Champions For 2010

Germany: 17% (7 votes)
Nigeria: 82% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (4 - 0) U-20 World Cup On June 4th 2015 / Nigeria Vs Congo (7 - 0): U-17 AFCON On Saturday 20 April 2013 / Nigeria Vs Colombia (3 - 0): U-17 Women's World Cup On Saturday Sept-29-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by seanet02: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2010
Relieved
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by ddippset(m): 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2010
babariches:

Our girls really tried more than even their best.

we are all being optimistic there is no way we could have won
the germans girls. they are fit physically and they got more
strength than our girl.

We did well for conceding just that two goals. we have a better
record against them as far as this competition is concern.

Thumb Up Falconet i celebrate you girls.
whats that better record?

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ johnie,

Are you having a laff when you say the German players including Popp look overaged?

Are you trying to be the next Chris Rock?

Have you ever been abroad?

Compare the pix of the U20 with the female national team you yourself provided. You can't see the clear difference?

OK, lets dash you that the keeper and Popp look more mature, even though they don't, is that not a case of exceptions?

Does that excuse 10 out of 11 players looking overaged for Nigeria?

Why is Naija's own not like Ghana that have about 2 players looking out of age?

Is it not because we are a shameless country?
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by johnie: 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
Sagamite:

That's a good one!

grin
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by mamagee3(f): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
johnie:

That's a good one!

grin
grin cheesy grin
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by chelseabmw(m): 7:14am On Aug 03, 2010
Sagamite:

@ johnie,

Are you having a laff when you say the German players including Popp look overaged?

Are you trying to be the next Chris Rock?

Compare the pix of the U20 with the female national team you yourself provided. You can't see the clear difference?

OK, lets dash you that the keeper and Popp look more mature, even though they don't, is that not a case of exceptions?

Does that excuse 10 out of 11 players looking overaged for Nigeria?

Why is Naija's own not like Ghana that have about 2 players looking out of age?

Is it not because we are a shameless country?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 10:32am On Aug 04, 2010
From KickOff Nigeria

[size=18pt]Falconets described as role models[/size]

Nigeria's First Lady Patience Jonathan has described the Falconets as role models after their silver-winning exploits at the FIFA Under-20 Women's World Cup in Germany.

Mrs Jonathan led top women dignitaries who welcomed the players back from Germany, where they lost 0-2 to the hosts in the Final.

They have positioned themselves as role models to the youths and other girls out there,” she said.

“These are girls that were left here unknown and unsung, and nobody believed that they could do it, but they have shattered all the myths about women even with the little encouragement they had.”

The wife of the President advised the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to do their best to keep the team together.

Yep, as I predicted!

We idolise fraudsters/looters, put them on a pedestal, impressionable youths see them as role models, copy them as much as they can and we perpetuate the moral decadence of our society.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 11:19am On Aug 06, 2010
[size=18pt]Obasanjo bribed lawmakers to extend tenure, says House leader[/size]

In a rare display of frankness, Minority Leader in the House of Representatives, Mohammed Ndume, yesterday acknowledged former president, Olusegun Obasanjo's charge that lawmakers are corrupt, but questioned Mr Obasanjo's basis for blaming legislators, who often have "justified" reasons to pilfer.

Mr Ndume spoke at a media conference Thursday, where he rebuked the former president's claim that federal lawmakers maintain questionable earnings and frequently pad national budgets sent to them for approval.

He said while he does not totally disagree with Mr Obasanjo, he would have favoured such allegations to be extended to "Nigeria or politicians" in general.

"To single the legislature out," he said, "I think he is not being fair." Again, even where the lawmakers are corrupt, Mr Ndume said, they have more "legitimate reasons", and Mr Obasanjo is least qualified to question that.

"Is it not Obasanjo who bred corruption in this country? It was during his tenure that corruption moved from low level to high level. It was during his tenure that he gave N50 million each to members of this House to extend his tenure," he said.

"Go and look at his account when he came out the prison to become the president and look at his account now. That will answer who is corrupt.

"It was during his tenure that NAFCON, NITEL, refineries, etc, were sold to girlfriends and cronies. What was that? When you look at that, you will have the answer as to who is truly corrupt," the Reps leader, who doubles as the House All Nigeria Peoples' Party (ANPP) leader said.

Speaking at an event in Niger State Wednesday, Mr Obasanjo accused the lawmakers of high level corruption during his years as president, detailing how he failed to know their true earnings and how legislators often stuffed federal budgets, without request from the executive arm of government.

He recommended the abolishing of the heavily-criticized constituency projects of the members, calling it a "conduit pipe" for corruption.

Correct on allegations

Mr Ndume said the blame should be laid on the government which has failed in providing amenities to its citizens -- a failure he said informed the creation of the constituency projects. "He is correct to say we are padding the budget, but that is a result of government failure. If the government built hospitals, schools, roads, there will be no need for constituency projects.

"If you bring a budget that has nothing for my constituency, I will not support it. I will insist that projects be put for my constituency and that is the padding. And if I have my way, I will even determine the contractor. If we have a project in Borno State and I see someone who has been unemployed, I will give him the job. I will not allow someone form Lagos to do it. [So much for the application of leading procurement practices to source for competent suppliers.]  grin grin grin grin

"The politicians can be legitimately corrupt because they are the closest to the people and have more needs. But people talk too much about their own corruption and forget about the real corruption at the MDAs and the executive," he said. Mr Ndume, however, admitted the failure of the legislature as an institution, and condemned a perennial national budget style that heaps funding on recurrent plans.

"I don't have the qualification to assess ourselves, but honestly and to be fair, we have not performed enough over the years. The legislature has not lived up to or performed to the expectations of Nigerians," he said.

On the budget and the performance of the present administration, he said, "80 per cent of the budget goes to about 1 per cent of the country made up of the Presidency, National Assembly and the MDAs through the recurrent expenditure.

"After the budget, we received communications that reduced the budget by 40 per cent, and later he brought supplementary budget which still raised the amount back to its original value and still gives 80 per cent to recurrent expenditure.

"The supplementary budget has not even been signed into law few months to the end of the year, not to talk of the implementation. Is that a government that is performing?"

My superiorly intelligent self told the fraud supporters that their politicians have the same mentality as them.

They believe in "justified" cheating/stealing.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pathetic mentality. Below my feet!
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by honeric01(m): 9:30am On Aug 11, 2010
uhm, for wetin na? undecided
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 7:34am On Aug 12, 2010
Sagamite this Portuguese player just signed by Man Utd, Does he look 20?

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Sagamite this Portuguese player just signed by Man Utd, Does he look 20?

NO!

And so?

How many times do I have to explain to you about 1 or 2 exceptions instead of 9 out of 11 exceptions? undecided

It is really not that hard.

Go and dig up a team from a reliable country where 9 out 11 do not look their age.

Stop telling me "Oh. Rooney does not look his age. Robben is Bald at a young age".

Show me a reliable team that like NIGERIA brings teams where 9/10 out of 11 do not look within the age bracket.

Amazingly we do the 9 out of 11 at least twice each year every 2 years (U-17 and U20) and still call it exceptions. But you want to maintain "we are honest", "no one has proof". NO! We are blatant, unashamed, fraudulent cheats and it reflects in our society at large.

Don't be showing me a pix of one individual.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
Goes back to what I said, You cant judge peoples age accurately by looks alone. Some 30yr olds look 20 and vice versa
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Goes back to what I said, You cant judge peoples age accurately by looks alone. Some 30yr olds look 20 and vice versa

No, you can judge people's age accurately by looks.

You are going to even hit it more accurately on the head the bigger the random sample pool.

I repeat: You do not use exceptions as a judgement tool. You use norm.

Maybe you did arts in school, but in science, you will find that exceptions are not part of proofing.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2010
^^ So how acuurate was your judgment of that Man Utd recent signing going by his looks. If they told me that guy is 32, I wont argue it
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ So how acuurate was your judgment of that Man Utd recent signing going by his looks. If they told me that guy is 32, I wont argue it

Based on that SOLE picture, if they told me he was 32, I would not argue too.

But if you place 23 Man U players that are 20 year old's pix here. I can bet not more than 3 would have the same older look.

Those are EXCEPTIONS! That is what I have been trying to explain to you.

If you place [size=24pt]23[/size] Nigerian U17 players pix here, [size=24pt]19[/size] would not look the age grade.

Don't you get this explanation?
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 10:21pm On Aug 12, 2010
Do you remember me telling you Black players look older than their white counterparts?

Bring 10 Black 20yr olds in America and 10 white 20yrs olds and u would see that the Blacks look older
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

Do you remember me telling you Black players look older than their white counterparts?

Bring 10 Black 20yr olds in America and 10 white 20yrs olds and u would see that the Blacks look older

Which Black players?

Nigerian players?

Yes. Because we are cheating.

Explain to me why the Ghanian, Trinidad and Tobago, South African players and the black players in the USA and UK teams do not look older than the white players.

I wait patiently.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2010
I have shown you pictures of Basketball players in the US

How old does he look here

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2010
dayokanu:

I have shown you pictures of Basketball players in the US

How old does he look here

Amsorry?

What I asked you is to explain how come black players in a tournament did not look older than their white counterparts contrary to your claim that "Black players look older than their white counterparts".

I have given you a list of players and asked you to prove that claim.

Try again.

Ghana. T&T. South Africa. Black players in USA/UK team!!!
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2010
Bring their pictures.

And the last picture I showed you tell me what age he looks
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 12:31am On Aug 13, 2010
The TT pictures were not clear but from the RSA pictures Number 7, 11, 13, keeper and 18 looked older than 25.

In Canada those girls are mixed hope you know and their number 14 definitely looked older
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On Aug 13, 2010
dayokanu:

The TT pictures were not clear but from the RSA pictures Number 7, 11, 13, keeper and 18 looked older than 25.

In Canada those girls are mixed hope you know and their number 14 definitely looked older

Are you having a laff?

Seriously.

Are you having a laff?

No 1) you did not answer what I asked you.

Sagamite:

Explain to me why the Ghanian, Trinidad and Tobago, South African players and the black players in the USA and UK teams do not look older than the white players.

No 2) No 13 and 18 look old? They don't look like U-20? Are kidding me? But your cheating Falcons do?

Please try again.

Especially with No 1. The T&T photos are clear enough. So are the Ghanian ones. Very clear.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 12:40am On Aug 13, 2010
Lest we forget, these are the women you are vouching for that are U-20 whilst you will claim the SAcan's are not.

Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 12:57am On Aug 13, 2010
Whilst you are at it:

No 3) Point for me the Nigerian players the No 13 and 18 of SA look older than.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by oyinda3(f): 2:54am On Aug 13, 2010
the naija girls almost all have very strong features (very high cheekbones, forehead, jaws etc) which makes them look more mature.
the canadian girls on d other hand have more soft features (bones aren't protuding out of their face). but they could all pass for 25 yr olds compared to d american girls i see around. the only ones that look very young among d canadian girls is # 11 & their goalkeeper.

among d naija girls #20 has d softest face while d girl whose number is covered has the sharpest cheekbone and jaw.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by dayokanu(m): 6:50am On Aug 13, 2010
Oyinda help us tell Sagamu o that facial features is not enuff to determine ages.

Oyinda looked at the Canadian girls and feel only 2 of em look young

The Naija Keeper, 9 and 10 look younger than most of the SA girls.

The Naija keeper especially looks 18
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2010
oyinda.:

the naija girls almost all have very strong features (very high cheekbones, forehead, jaws etc) which makes them look more mature.

Why do they almost all have very strong features which makes them look mature? (Your own words o)

Please tell me.

Why do virtually all Nigerian girls under 20 I have seen and YOU have seen and DAYOKANU has seen not have the same very strong features?

Why do the Ghanian girls (have you had a look at them?) not have the same very strong features? How come the T&T's don't?

Why? ALL MOST ALL of the Naija girls have VERY STRONG features!!! ALL MOST ALL of the Naija girls look mature!!! Why?

Because THEY ARE OVER-AGED.

oyinda.:

the canadian girls on d other hand have more soft features (bones aren't protuding out of their face). but[size=18pt] they could all pass for 25 yr olds compared to d american girls i see around[/size]. the only ones that look very young among d canadian girls is # 11 & their goalkeeper.

In this situation it is not even worth debating with you. I just need to sit you down and ask.

"What do you take?"

Abeg confess.

Igbo? Crystal Meth? Crack? Hashish? PCP? Ketamine? Rocket fuel? Miaow Miaow?

You are not serious. So the Canadian girls can pass for 25 but the Nigerian girls are under 20 but all merely "just look mature"?

You are young and beautiful and still have your whole future ahead of you, please don't ruin it.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Oyinda help us tell Sagamu o that facial features is not enuff to determine ages.

Oyinda looked at the Canadian girls and feel only 2 of em look young

The Naija Keeper, 9 and 10 look younger than most of the SA girls.

The Naija keeper especially looks 18

So:

No 1) You think the Naija No 9, 10 and keeper look younger than the No 13 of SA?

Abeg give me 1min to laugh first.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ye! Abeg give me another 30 secs, 1 min was not enough.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OK, I am back.  grin

Make I try go to number 2.

No 2) You have not answered my TWO questions here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-487880.384.html#msg6564614
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by Sagamite(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2010
Our "under-20" that look younger than the Canadians but only just have mature features, BUT they are "under-20":

http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1276475
http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1279362
http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1275085
http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1279372
http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1277683
http://www.fifa.com/u20womensworldcup/teams/team=1888630/photolist.html#1277673

Where the No 9, 10 and Goalkeeper look like kids.

[Sometimes I am in shock the arguments some bring to me on NL]

I have heard it all on NL including people telling me Osaze is not SE's best player just to ensure their Oyinbo's reputation is not tarnished.
Re: Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final by oyinda3(f): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2010
sagamite plz don't curse me abeg. calm ur nerves lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Photos From Super Falcon’s Training Ground Ahead Of Today's Match With France / AFCON 2021: Deadly Stampede Reported At Cameroon Stadium, 6 People Dead / Manchester United Announces Partnership With Startimes To Offer MUTV In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.