Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere (2763 Views)

Why Is It That Air Conditioner Doesn't Cool Properly Drying Wet Season? / My Benz User - What Do You Know About Ml350 From 2007-2009 / My Mechanic Colonized My Benz. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 2:08pm On Dec 02, 2018
FSolar:

HE ALWAYS MAKES TIME FOR ALL HIS CUSTOMERS (BOTH NEW AND EXISTING). HE HAS A VERY EFFICIENT STAFF STRENGTH AND BE REST ASSURED YOU ARE IN GOOD HANDS.

justinskye29 I would have said you should mention who gave you the recommendation but you need not. Just go there and have a feel first-hand. You can give him a call right away on 08103607915 .
thanks I will do that this week bcus the weather is too hot not to use ac

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 2:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
Lexusgs430:
General rule of thumb if you are buying an older Mercedes Benz, expect all sort of associated gremlins... The previous owner probably sold it because he does not like gremlins (I bet he said AC only required regassing)...... One of the oldest lies in the car trade.....

Expect to see more gremlins, of an electrical nature etc etc etc

thanks that was what I was told, but there is no other electrical problem.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:
I am not sure but I think I saw 120 and 50 something when they were checking it while filling up.

Go back and check with varying conditions.

With rpm @ 2000

With rpm @ 800

Then it will be easier to decide.

The current values posted look like a faulty compressor.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
Do u have dual zone turned on? Maybe one side is set to cool and the other side set to hot
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by FSolar: 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:
thanks I will do that this week bcus the weather is too hot not to use ac

You’re welcome. You sure won’t regret it.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by oblo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
greenhulk:
Do u have dual zone turned on? Maybe one side is set to cool and the other side set to hot

I think he said the middle vent only had cool air and the extremes warm. It it were dual I think it would be either side cold or hot.. Or am I wrong?
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Go back and check with varying conditions.
With rpm @ 2000
With rpm @ 800
Then it will be easier to decide.
The current values posted look like a faulty compressor.
I will do that and relate my findings.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
greenhulk:
I Ave set both sides to the lowest but no changes.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by weyreypey: 7:34pm On Dec 02, 2018
justiniyke29:
I Ave set both sides to the lowest but no changes.
Mosbus is the resident AC guru. He's here on nairaland.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by sultaan(m): 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2018
If you have climate control you should read up on blend doors, it is used to direct air to different part of the car sometimes they break and the door is stuck in the last position set
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 10:13pm On Dec 02, 2018
Thanks everyone for your time, I have solved it.
I saw online how to check the ac fault codes using the command and reset them. The ac Is chilling now from all vents even the door and side pillar vents that air wasn't coming out. I guess I would really need to get the car manual.

2 Likes

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by mayor2013: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2018
By
justiniyke29:
I saw online how to check the ac fault codes using the command and reset them. The ac Is chilling now from all vents even the door and side pillar vents that air wasn't coming out. I guess I would really need to get the car manual.

Good to know it's now solved

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by FLAKARIBE(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2018
I love merc.
you really need to know your ride the more.
I once put ride ml320 trans into manual shift(L1) mode by mistake chai I thought trans had gone . I parked ride, put gear in park switched of engine. started ride and viola buy to reset.
your best study material is YouTube videos, and car manual(hate long epistles).
if you do not know, kazeems will use you to eat.
nb! repair and fixes are cheaper if you know ur way at least for older models.
see online how to trouble shoot and do basic reset.
all the Best

1 Like

Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Dec 03, 2018
justiniyke29:

Glad you had a near enough free fix........
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

check high and low pressures with a pressure gauge.

if withing normal limits check the duo valves that transfer heat from the engine to the cabin. They are designed to feed the cabin warmth by regulating the quantity of hot coolant flow to the heater core. When stuck open the a/c will feel in efficient.

justiniyke29:

Guess you got the temp settings wrong then.
Re: My Benz S500 Ac Doesn't Cool Everywhere by justiniyke29: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Guess you got the temp settings wrong then.
I guess I got it wrong, though it mentioned some errors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kingreign Shares Wedding Pictures!! / Clean Golf3 For 400k. How Possible? / Cars Logo And Thier History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.