Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction (691 Views)

Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches / Onitsha Catholic Diocese Sanctions Two Priests For Disobedience / How Adeboye's Disobedience Built A Global Brand - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
One thing I observed from some of my threads was that their titles already contained the core message I intended to pass across.

Hence without anyone on this particular section of Nairaland, who has seen the title even clicking on such threads to see the entire post, they have already gotten the message of the post in a nutshell.

And it's for this reason that I often try as much as possible to get such threads at least just to be in focus, for if I am able to achieve that alone, I'm already passing across an important message via this section in that regard.

And this particular one falls into the category of such message-bearing thread titles, and perhaps necessarily so because I've observed that this kind of message is not one that many would like to hear.

For many would want to hear the otherwise message that they don't have obey or to turn from their wicked ways, but to just believe in Jesus even without keeping His Words or just depend on God's grace, and that would lead them to eternal life.

And the reason is because when put alongside the other one it obviously by far the easier message.

For even the ritualists would prefer it, as they won't need to turn away from their wicked ways of ritual killings, for all they need to do is just to "believe in Jesus" and probably be calling Him Lord, Lord, while they are busy beheading people and cutting off their private parts for ritual activities, and they would have eternal life.

So it's clearly the message of the two that many would rather jump at, as it just about requires that someone does nothing, but just "believe", instead of the other one that requires obedience or a turning away from ones wicked ways, which is much harder to meet.

However that many of those of today's church have chosen to tow that very easy path, rather than the harder path which requires obedience doesn't to any extent mean that it is the right path.

For Jesus said:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Therefore the fact that many of today's church have chosen to take that easy path doesn't in any way mean that it is the right path, for the path that leads to destruction is wide and broad as Jesus had said, therefore many are they who are following it.

But the way that actually leads to eternal life according to Jesus is the strait and narrow, which obviously is not the easy path, but a difficult one as that which requires obedience, therefore many would not want to take that path, and hence only a few are able to find it.

And for those of today's church who think that the "many" on their way to destruction that Jesus talked about on that occasion were the people of the world even those who do not "believe in Him", the fact that Jesus still used the same word "many" to describe the amount of people of the church that would end up in destruction in another saying of His as such, meant that it also includes those of the church.

For Jesus said:

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have castout devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Mt 7:23-24(KJV)

Therefore it's indeed true that many of the church are also on that destructive part, including of the "many" in Nairaland who have chosen to follow the easy message or gospel that says that one doesn't have to obey or repent from ones wickedness, but only "believe in Jesus" and you will have everlasting life, for wide and Broad is the path which leads to destruction.

So that's how many yet end up in destruction despite having the grace of God which God has giving to the world to save them from destruction.

For the grace of God alone is not able to save any single person who continues to live a life of iniquity and sin. And that's even if the person "believed in Jesus" to the extent of doing many wonderful works in His name, as Jesus showed in that very occasion.

Therefore regardless that it's the hard gospel that many of today's church have chosen not to believe, it is yet a gospel that must needs be preached, for the few that would be willing to still find it.

Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction

1 Like

Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
jesusjnr:
...is as wide as the gate and as broad as...

"the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate: and narrow is the way, which lead unto life, and few there be that find it." Mt7:14(KJV)
Is this Ghana weed, Jamaican weed or the latest, Canadian weed?
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 10:10am On Dec 04, 2018
The easy path!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
jidemoh:

Is this Ghana weed, Jamaican weed or the latest, Canadian weed?
You really love the easy way don't you?
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 05, 2018
Wide and broad!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2018
Very easy
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2018
The no stress route!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2018
The way to destruction!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 08, 2018
This one na express way oh, fire down.
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 09, 2018
Very wide and broad!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
The road that so many love!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 10, 2018
The chances are that the next person of the church you meet is on this road!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 11, 2018
Dem full ground for here!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2018
Very wide!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2018
No bouncer for here oh, so come and enjoy yourself however you like, for it's a free for all here!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 14, 2018
Here enough company for socializing.
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2018
If you are towing the popular path of today church, this is definitely where you are headed.
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2018
Destructive!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
Do not be deceived when it's to easy for you!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 22, 2018
Broad, broader, broadest!
Re: The Easy Route Of Grace + Disobedience ➞ Destruction by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 05, 2019
Truly deceptive!

(1) (Reply)

Esther And Mordecai's Tomb Still Standing 2,500 Years Later / The Bible Gives Two Different Accounts Of Major Stories / RCCG Fast January 11 - February 29, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.