Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History (17559 Views)

Ejikeme Joy Scores Highest In JAMB, Gets INNOSON N3m Scholarship / Maduafokwa Agnes Egoagwuagwu 365 JAMB Score: Highest In 2020 / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by jmaine: 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
Academicwizman:
It is unfortunate that many people commented based on the misleading title of the post. It is actually 480 postgraduate, not PhDs! This is really pathetic!

Oga intellectual, na you no read the thing well... See below...

At least, 480 of the 2,113 graduands , who were conferred with postgraduate degrees of the university by the Chancellor and Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Akande, were Ph.D candidates.

1 Like

Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by patwilly(m): 10:45pm On Dec 02, 2018
hollamanng:
legends will understand
If you know, you know!

1 Like

Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by toprealman: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
toyetade:
What work will they be doing ?. Where will they work other than lecturing if they manage to get one. Sign of underdevelopment. We need professionals, technicians, apprentices, enterpreneurs
If you do a PhD with the intention of looking for a 9-5job.....you should be pitied. Those called to lecture are exempt from this.
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by bluefilm: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2018
Quality over quantity.
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by jesmond3945: 12:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Spatta:
Fraudulent Phd, If it is coming from OAU or UI we can trust the Phd But from UNN I am sorry there is no substance there, A school where education can be purchased,
I apologize i hate to say that a Phd in UNN is worthless with present academic realities

I know UNN alumni will come for my head except the few who knows what Education in Nigeria used to be
But again the Students of OAU and UI will agree with me that the rigors of acquiring such eminence is not a Joke

you are funny on what benchmark are you making your comparison? It obvious tribaliam.

1 Like

Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by Academicwizman(m): 1:46am On Dec 03, 2018
jmaine:

Oga intellectual, na you no read the thing well... See below...

You are very correct. I failed to read to that point. Gosh! It happens one in a while Sha! Kudos for pointing out my error. It shows we have readers in the house. Thanks once again.
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by Period007(m): 1:49am On Dec 03, 2018
Spatta:
Fraudulent Phd, If it is coming from OAU or UI we can trust the Phd But from UNN I am sorry there is no substance there, A school where education can be purchased,
I apologize i hate to say that a Phd in UNN is worthless with present academic realities

I know UNN alumni will come for my head except the few who knows what Education in Nigeria used to be
But again the Students of OAU and UI will agree with me that the rigors of acquiring such eminence is not a Joke

This is pure tribalism
Note:I am neither Igbo nor Yoruba
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by Trustee1: 3:00am On Dec 03, 2018
mrvitalis:

I'm a graduate of unn ....so u should know unn don't sale certificate

Don't let them sale u fake certificate ooh
You're obviously a confuse graduate, literally all universities in Nigeria do sell certificate let alone UNN filled with greedy and selfish people in power. If you're looking for where to defend UNN,try convincing someone else not someone who's been there for years.
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by Trustee1: 3:02am On Dec 03, 2018
"University of New York" you mean? Because if you're talking of "University of Nigeria" then you need a nap.
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by DateMynd44(m): 3:09am On Dec 03, 2018
timolala:
We celebrate them as they all agreed to play a role in ousting Buhari from aso rock.
Gbenu e soun

Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by jmaine: 4:12am On Dec 03, 2018
Academicwizman:

You are very correct. I failed to read to that point. Gosh! It happens one in a while Sha! Kudos for pointing out my error. It shows we have readers in the house. Thanks once again.

Cheers sir. I know it was an honest error.. wink
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by jmaine: 4:14am On Dec 03, 2018
Trustee1:

You're obviously a confuse graduate, literally all universities in Nigeria do sell certificate let alone UNN filled with greedy and selfish people in power. If you're looking for where to defend UNN,try convincing someone else not someone who's been there for years.

Not all universities in Nigeria sell certificates. So chill on that..
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by riczy(m): 6:27am On Dec 03, 2018
nickxtra:
Honourary or Academics?
didn't u peruse d thread?
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by ungab(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2018
mrvitalis:

I'm a graduate of unn ....so u should know unn don't sale certificate

Don't let them sale u fake certificate ooh

Now I see why their PhD is so cheap. Oga go and collect your school fee back, your grammar is appalling
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by chreb: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2018
Okay,Las Las they are being ruled by a man who can't even confirm his waec certificate
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:27am On Dec 03, 2018
OP the registrar said received (POSTGRADUATE DEGREES) oh! not PhD. Postgraduate degrees mean a combination of all postgraduate programs (PhD, MSc, PGD etc.)
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by LoveThemChubby(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2018
Four hundred and eighty (480) graduands on Saturday received Postgraduate degrees and diplomas of the University of Nigeria in what the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Benjamin Ozumba, described as “the highest by any Nigerian university in one year.”

At least, 480 of the 2,113 graduands, who were conferred with postgraduate degrees of the university by the Chancellor and Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Akande, were Ph.D candidates.

[/quote]

I can't imagine that over 50 persons will comment on a post without even reading the content. We are in trouble in this nation. The man said 480 postgraduate degrees not PhD
Re: UNN Turns Out 480 Phd Graduates, The Highest In Nigerian University History by winj3: 9:52am On Dec 03, 2018
PHD means nothing in Nigerian without commonsense!

Most Nigerian PHD holders need Chinese or western expatriates as their bosses, they are useless!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2019 Results, Plans E-marking / UTME Candidates Won’t Score Zero, Even When Absent – JAMB / List Of Nigerian Universities That Accept Second Choice Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.