Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' (1398 Views)

Chants Of ‘Sai Baba’ Mar Atiku’s Presidential Forms Submission At PDP Headquarte / Kwankwaso Gets The Sai Baba Treatment For The 3rd Time. Video / Drama As Bauchi Women Kiss Ballot Paper, Shout ‘sai Baba’ Before Casting Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by BrightEye(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
Since president Buhari's supporters have been hailing him with the slogan ' said baba' on nairaland, never has anyone explained the meaning of those two words (sai and baba) in this forum. Okay, let me say apparently!

Well it seems I am going to be the first person to do that here.

'Said Baba' is an Hausa phrase. I guess you all know what baba means. Baba as in father, daddy or an elder. 'sai' here is somehow difficult to translate as a single word because its meaning depends on the word that follows it. So in deferent cases, it could mean 'until' ,'only' or 'only with' and so on.

Therefore, sai Baba can be translated as 'only Baba'!

But I could be wrong. I am only using the knowledge I have in Hausa lang. to bring this up. I fluently speak Hausa, but I am yoruba.

Anyway, what really inspired me to write this is not only to translate it, but to also bring everyone's attention here that the words 'sai Baba' is the name of a certain popular Indian late saint.

Sai Baba, also known as Shirdi Sai Baba, was an Indian spiritual master who is regarded by his devotees as a saint, a fakir, a satguru and an incarnation of Lord Shiva and Dattatreya. He is revered by both his Hindu and Muslim devotees during, as well as after his lifetime.

Thank you for your attention.

Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by Born2Breed(f): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
The one we have here is the antonym of a saint.

1 Like

Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by BrightEye(m): 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
Born2Breed:

lol. Or maybe,
Sai Baba, the saint of Daura.

1 Like

Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by Born2Breed(f): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
BrightEye:

lol. Or maybe,
Sai Baba, the saint of Daura.

If I hear
Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by Firefire(m): 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2018
Only potential terrorists & suicide bombers still support one of their own.

2 Likes

Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by Afamed: 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
Firefire:
Only potential terrorists & suicide bombers still support one of their own.
Keep your mouth sealed. Supporter of a known fugitive
Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by Firefire(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
[s]
Afamed:

Keep your mouth sealed. Supporter of a known fugitive
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Sai Baba: The Real Ideology Attached To The Words 'sai Baba' by frbona: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2018
Born2Breed:
Savage

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ilorin South Results / Where Is Jimonh Ibrahim? / Nigeria To Build Nuclear Weapons, Seeks Russian Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.