Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together (9127 Views)

Volvo Enthusiasts Association Nigeria "2021 Annual Get Together". / Pics From 2019 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting/get Together / BMW E60 And E90 Owners/enthusiasts' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

LX570 it is, then. grin

Jesu! Is she immortal??
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 5:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Just get the most expensive Volvo on the market. It'll be about as good as a Corolla of the same year. Volvo is yet to make a true Camry competitor.

shocked the hate is strong with this one. Volvo is a luxury car and for decades the safest cars in the market

6 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
radautoworks:

Jesu! Is she immortal??

grin grin

radautoworks:

shocked the hate is strong with this one. Volvo is a luxury car and for decades the safest cars in the market

Was just messing with Volvoman, it's so much fun. He likes to defend his Volvos so much you'd think he was a Swedish knight. grin

Are Volvos actually considered luxury? I've always thought they were more of an upscale, premium brand. Like Buick, for example.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

grin grin

Was just messing with Volvoman, it's so much fun. He likes to defend his Volvos so much you'd think he was a Swedish knight. grin

Are Volvos actually considered luxury? I've always thought they were more of an upscale, premium brand. Like Buick, for example.

I know you're yanking his chain. Yup, Volvo is straight up luxury. What's the last one you drove?

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
radautoworks:

I know you're taking his chain. Yup, Volvo is straight up luxury. What's the last one you drove?

I've never actually owned one but they're pretty cool places to be in. Great seats, and some progressive technology in them.

I'll see if I can find one to test drive. Shame they just aren't popular in my side of the country. Hell, I don't think they're popular in any part of the country. Only spotted a few XC90's and S60's around here.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I've never actually owned one but they're pretty cool places to be in. Great seats, and some progressive technology in them.

I'll see if I can find one to test drive. Shame they just aren't popular in my side of the country. Hell, I don't think they're popular in any part of the country. Only spotted a few XC90's and S60's around here.

They're big in Texas. Check one out

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by Homguy(m): 12:13am On Dec 09, 2018
dumo1:
Nice one valarinz. Keep up the good work. grin cool I see it was fun all through. When will those To****Japanese noise makers hold their own meeting?
you want the whole Nigeria to gather for one place?

5 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 12:17am On Dec 09, 2018
Homguy:
ROFLLLLLL

Prado alone go full ground

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by Nobody: 3:13am On Dec 09, 2018
Homguy:
grin grin Lol! Not really o!!
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by BlackMeech: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Just get the most expensive Volvo on the market. It'll be about as good as a Corolla of the same year. Volvo is yet to make a true Camry competitor.

No, never.
Compare a 2004 Volvo S60 with a 2008 Camry.
Come back and drop your findings.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 8:57am On Dec 09, 2018
Homguy:

grin

Forgive him Sir

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 9:08am On Dec 09, 2018
BlackMeech:

No, never.

Leave that guy alone, he's ignorant and living in the past, that's his problem, he says he doesn't see a lot of XC90's, its either he's staying in a very remote village or he'll come back again to say "I'm winding Volvoman up" to cover his ignorance.

I'll put up an ad on auto section and he'll come to my ad and say he hates volvo cars cos they are ugly, unreliable and bla bla bla, maybe that's also winding me up too

Yet he betrays himself in his own comments below admitting he's never really owned one or had an extensive experience with any Volvo car yet he hates them and is ready to tell you how ugly, bad and unerliable the cars are
HeavenlyBang:

Someone has never had a close call with a car, the closest you've probably come to the cars are looking at my ads on NL, yet always jumping up and down criticizing the car at any glimpse

Funny, majority of the negative people up there are exactly like him.

3 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by olasalam(m): 9:09am On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

grin grin grin
Mission unsuccessful.

Mission impossible !!!
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24am On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

Leave that guy alone, he's ignorant and living in the past, that's his problem, he says he doesn't see a lot of XC90's, its either he's staying in a very remote village or he'll come back again to say "I'm winding Volvoman up" to cover his ignorance.

I'll put up an ad on auto section and he'll come to my ad and say he hates volvo cars cos they are ugly, unreliable and bla bla bla, maybe that's also winding me up too

Yet he betrays himself in his own comments below admitting he's never really owned one or had an extensive experience with any Volvo car yet he hates them and is ready to tell you how ugly, bad and unerliable the cars are

Someone has never had a close call with a car, the closest you've probably come to the cars are looking at my ads on NL, yet always jumping up and down criticizing the car at any glimpse

Funny, majority of the negative people up there are exactly like him.

Come on, Val, you're smarter than this.

1. I live in a pretty big city. I've lived in Warri and Port Harcourt pretty much all my life, Volvos aren't popular cars anywhere. Closing your ears and going lalala doesn't change that fact.
2. I've never once said Volvos are unreliable.
3. I've never claimed to own one

All I've ever said are that the older generation of Volvos are ugly, and I'll stand by that till the day I kick the bucket. It's only my opinion, after all.

I'm sorry if my comments trigger you, I admit I'm usually trying to wind you up--you're such an easy target, but your statement above is completely asinine and full of non-sequiturs. Now have a mortuary-standard glass of Pepsi and sit your ass down.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2018
BlackMeech:

No, never.

Very much obviously a joke, though. C'mon, man.
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 9:27am On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Come on, Val, you're smarter than this.

1. I live in a pretty big city.
2. I've never once said Volvos are unreliable.
3. I've never claimed to own one

All I've ever said are that the older generation of Volvos are ugly, and I'll stand by that till the day I kick the bucket. It's only my opinion, after all.

I'm sorry if my comments trigger you, I admit I'm usually trying to wind you up--you're such an easy target, but your statement above is completely asinine and full of non-sequiturs. Now have a mortuary-standard glass of Pepsi and sit your ass down.

When you came to my ad to badmouth, was that also winding me up?

Or is it cos i quickly deleted the comments you made thinking it was just a slip of tongue.

You follow me everywhere i post on NL to make negative comments and now u want to hide behind, "Easy target, and winding me up".

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

When you came to my ad to badmouth, was that also winding me up?

Or is it cos i quickly deleted the comments you made thinking it was just a slip of tongue.

You follow me everywhere i post on NL to make negative comments and now u want to hide behind, "Easy target, and winding me up".

See quoted comment for edit.

I'm sorry, man, I think Volvos are ugly. Pretty much every single car--not like there's a lot of variety anyway--pictured at this meet is an ass-backwards looking piece of automotive design. Does that make you feel bad? Zero fooks given. It's my bloody opinion.

Unless you can point out a single place where I've said bad things about your darling Volvos, looks aside, I'm going to assume you don't have much going for you today and are just spoiling for a pointless argument.

Have a great Sunday, Ser Valarinz, defender of Swedish technological honor.
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by Jerie(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Corolla is too good, why don't you compare Volvo to a Toyota Starlet since you want to be utterly ridiculous. I've driven that same corolla of 05 and the car felt unstable at high speeds like a toddler running.

In September, I sold my Honda and wanted to buy an '10 Camry or Accord as I had already test driven several. Luckily, I got a lift in my wife brother's S60. I begged him to let me drive it and took it for a spin on Lekki Epe Expressway.

A month later, I got my xc90. I can't allow one cheap piece of plastic endanger my life.

9 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by antagonist: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2018
why all these unnecessary arguments. see, we are all brothers. We all hail from the same place now: Asia. some Japan, some CHINA.

So no need to be fighting upandan. let's live together as one and make Asia a better place.
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2018
well pretty good show.
but why involve "jap" on a thread that's supposed to showcase a lonely, subtle and overly low-key event such as this?

just post and don't mistakenly type "ja", "to", or "ho" in a thread like this....
it'll take serious damage control techniques to bring back control to the thread.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by olasalam(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2018
I'm in need of an xc90 right away!
Anyone with link to get varieties where I can pick or choose one?
..pls tag me!
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
antagonist:
why all these unnecessary arguments. see, we are all brothers. We all hail from the same place now: Asia. some Japan, some CHINA.

So no need to be fighting upandan. let's live together as one and make Asia a better place.

Should be Geely Enthusiasts Meeting anyway. grin
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by BlackMeech: 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Should be Geely Enthusiasts Meeting anyway. grin

What brand do you stand for?
I got som'n to tell ya

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
BlackMeech:

What brand do you stand for?
I got som'n to tell ya

I have a soft spot for Mercedes and Infiniti (Nissan, by extension), but I drive a Lexus. Why?
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by BlackMeech: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I have a soft spot for Mercedes and Infiniti (Nissan, by extension), but I drive a Lexus. Why?

You don't even go for what you love.
Was expecting "Toyota, to be specific Corolla and Camry" but NO. You love Benz n Infiniti. Cool brands. So y drive a glorified plastic?

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 2:45pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

I'm sorry, man, I think Volvos are ugly. Pretty much every single car--not like there's a lot of variety anyway--pictured at this meet is an ass-backwards looking piece of automotive design. Does that make you feel bad? Zero fooks given. It's my bloody opinion.

Unless you can point out a single place where I've said bad things about your darling Volvos, looks aside, I'm going to assume you don't have much going for you today and are just spoiling for a pointless argument.

You feel pain seeing a fellow man make it in a field you feel is impossible and u find ways to pull him down, do u think all these rubbish u type will make people stop buying my Volvo cars?

Stop hiding behind your fake "winding up" story, youre just another black man trying to bring his fellow down, you think the proof is forever gone, check the attached screenshots. There are still remnants of your bad behaviour on the thread and contrary to what you believe on your shallow mind, its your reputation thats going down the drain the more u continue this, mine is already cemented, everyone knows what i stand for, but you? what do u stand for? trying to discourage other people's sales??

https://www.nairaland.com/4696332/few-months-used-first-body

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by radautoworks: 2:46pm On Dec 09, 2018
This is why xc60

https://www.carprousa.com/2018-volvo-xc60-t6-inscription-test-drive

(Not so subtle desperate attempt to redirect thread)
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
obekediamondfuto:
well pretty good show.
but why involve "jap" on a thread that's supposed to showcase a lonely, subtle and overly low-key event such as this?

just post and don't mistakenly type "ja", "to", or "ho" in a thread like this....
it'll take serious damage control techniques to bring back control to the thread.

We don't brag about being the best car in the country

Our event is low key, lonely and subtle, yet you guys find it very difficult to stay away, coming here trying to force it down our throat about how our preferred brand is rubbish, and we should drop it for corolla, how sensible does that sound?

From the beginning of the thread i asked u jap fans to pls stay away and let us suffer our dying brand in peace, how difficult is that?

Must every thread on NL degenerate into a toyota campaigning thread?

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

Abeg low volume pls, make our brothers from Asia no vex invade our thread, once they do, forget it, na derailing to To***a vs Volvo and others e go turn to.

Abeg make una stay away, I no mention any name oo

This was the third post on this thread, Toyota fans pls leave us alone, we drive the shittiest car on the planet, but we are not complaining, can we at least have our Volvo thread in peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

We don't brag about being the best car in the country

Our event is low key, lonely and subtle, yet you guys find it very difficult to stay away, coming here trying to force it down our throat about how our preferred brand is rubbish, and we should drop it for corolla, how sensible does that sound?

From the beginning of the thread i asked u jap fans to pls stay away and let us suffer our dying brand in peace, how difficult is that?

Must every thread on NL degenerate into a toyota campaigning thread?

hahahahahahaha.......
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by olumide4christ: 3:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

In my own opinion, the Volvos look nice especially from the rear. I really like the XC90 rear lights and shape, far more than the Highlander or 4Runner of the same year. The Honda CRV rear is also very nice.
When I have the funds, God preserving us, I'm going to get the XC90 2007 upwards.

Just my sincere opinion and observation!

4 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

You feel pain seeing a fellow man make it in a field you feel is impossible and u find ways to pull him down, do u think all these rubbish u type will make people stop buying my Volvo cars?

Stop hiding behind your fake "winding up" story, youre just another black man trying to bring his fellow down, you think the proof is forever gone, check the attached screenshots
"I absolutely detest Volvo's design language of this generation. They're still safe, comfortable, and reliable cars, though."

That was what I said months ago. That is what I still say. I've never once changed my tune. Your screenshot only proves my point.

BlackMeech:

You don't even go for what you love.
Was expecting "Toyota, to be specific Corolla and Camry" but NO. You love Benz n Infiniti. Cool brands. So y drive a glorified plastic?
A Lexus is a glorified plastic? Ok, mate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Identify And Win - What Vehicle Is This? / 10 Car Repair Safety Rules You Should Not Overlook / Who Says you can’t Replace A Deployed Airbag - kingreign Just Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.