Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Lagos Not Under Bondage - Sanwo-olu Replies Agbaje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Not Under Bondage - Sanwo-olu Replies Agbaje (253 Views)

Odumakin: Money Generated By Lagos Not Reflecting In The Lives Of Lagosians / I Didn't Buy N187m Official Vehicle, Sanwo-olu Replies PDP / Sanwo-olu Replies Jimi Agbaje's Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Lagos Not Under Bondage - Sanwo-olu Replies Agbaje by ebusnwaoma: 5:00am On Dec 03, 2018
Babajide Sanwo-Olu has replied Agbaje, the PDP's Governorship candidate in Lagos State who claimed that the state was under bondage. 

Babajide Sanwo-Olu who is the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the state, spoke on Sunday during a visit to the Akran of Badagry, Aholu De Wheno Menu Toyi 1. The APC governorship candidate who reacted to Agbaje's allegation of the destruction of his campaign billboards by some hoodlums on Saturday, asked residents to “reject the slavery mentality that the PDP represents". 

He said, “Some have started talking about freedom and insinuated that Lagos is in bondage. Unfortunately, we cannot begin to talk about freedom in the 21st century. This is insulting to humanity and the people of Lagos especially because slavery and bondage were abolished in Badagry several decades ago.

“When they talk about freedom, we ask them freedom from what? We have had our freedom and everyone in Lagos is free. We have since moved away from the era of slavery to era of prosperity with deep-seated aspiration for a greater Lagos.”

Sanwo-Olu who was also queried on the allegation by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode that he was caught with fake American dollars in a night club, said; 

“A lot has been said about this particular incident and I am going to say it straight again. All of these never happened. I am sure; I have said it and I am going to say it again.”

https://lailasnews.com/lagos-not-under-bondage-sanwo-olu-replies-agbaje/

lalasticlala

Re: Lagos Not Under Bondage - Sanwo-olu Replies Agbaje by socialmediaman: 5:05am On Dec 03, 2018
All the best to the best candidate.

The presidential election though, I’m wondering if Sowore is going to be a spoiler for either candidate, similar to the way it happened in Osun
Re: Lagos Not Under Bondage - Sanwo-olu Replies Agbaje by Mynd44: 5:35am On Dec 03, 2018

(1)

Akeredolu Faults NWC, Says Aggrieved Members Can Seek Redress In Court / Four Months After, Okorocha Ruling Imo Without A Deputy / Alleged Husband Killer: Police Present Unlisted Witness, Maryam Sanda Kicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.