Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition (19385 Views)

Twitter Ban: ‘why Nigeria’s Foot-dragging On Dialogue With Micro Blogging Firm’ / Why South-East PDP Govs Are Considering Defection To APC / APC Senators: Stop Foot-dragging, Impeach Saraki Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Corrinthians(m): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2018
pawesome:
APC are trying real hard to discredit him because they know he is a fierce one... Why are they no talking about others? Normally when people talk about you, it means you are on the right track
Since you people talk about Buhari even more than you talk about yourselves and even fasted and prayed he died, it means, going by this beautiful logic of yours, that Buhari has been on the RIGHTEST TRACK since day one!

Abi how you check am Buterflyle0? grin

4 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by seunfly: 7:35am On Dec 03, 2018
HaileSelassie:

Road to success is never straight. Everything will make sense hopefully.
On a personal note, As much as I want Power to change hands and atiku is the only feasible candidate, i wont let down my conscience by not voting sowore. His candidacy appeals to me so much and while I wish Atiku well, Sowore has my vote

The hypocrite will say u are wasting your vote, yet they hate Fulani, old man, northerner and a Muslim as president. So what is the difference between Buhari and Atiku? Instead of them to vote for young vibrant, intelligent and educated leaders, they are busy supporting another lifeless man who is busy going to London for medical treatment every months.

2 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by WaffenSS(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2018
Newbiee:
How far with Atiku's US visit?

Who is bankrolling Atiku campaign now?

Nyesom Wike the PDP CEO don vex since his candidate was out-dollared in Port Harcourt.

Udom Emmanuel have his hands full with Akpabio challenge.

Ben Ayade has kept himself away from PDP frenzy.

Seriake Dickson is more of an observer now.

Okowa is fighting for his own survival.

Gov. Umahi is fascinated by Buhari's achievements.

Gov. Obiano don't want anything to do with PDP and would rather work with Buhari.

Gov. Dankwambo now knows it is suicidal to support Atiku.

Ishaya Darius of Taraba is minding his own business.

Ortom suddenly has realised that herdsmen crisis can no longer give him automatic ticket, and the Ortom slogan of "Otomatic" don't sound like automatic any more and no more appealing.

Gov. Aminu Tambuwal is begging sokoto people to forgive his stupidity and still allow him to be their governor for the second time.

Kwara's Fatai Ahmed has woken up from Saraki's induced coma.��

Nnmadi Kanu's brother Gov Ikpeazu cannot bankroll Atiku since the supreme leader said No "Lefeledum no Erection". ��

Kwankwaso wants to save some face and may actually be on his way back to APC.

Lamido is no longer willing to work with Satan to dethrone Buhari, maybe the only Satan he is willing to work with is himself.

Makarfi just fizzled out as if he didn't fight heaven and earth to collect the PDP Chairman position from Modu Sheriff.

David mark is still in shock with the 35 votes he got in PH, he didn't know who he should be angry at; is it the 122 Benue state delegates that gave him only 35 votes or the party he served for 20 years, that couldn't reward loyalty?

Jonah Jang's own is worse, this time around he got the 19 votes he needed to beat Ameachi in the GOVERNOR'S FORUM'S election, but alas this is a different election. Ok.

Maybe OBJ will roll out the money, but Baba Iyabo is only known for spending government money during election.

So Atiku is left with SARAKI and those who want to even make dollars from him instead of contributing to the election.

It sounds funny but so true.

In short, all PDP Governors have suddenly realised that their support for an Atiku over a Buhari, is nothing but sure way to waste their states meager resources and a journey to nowhere.
Elton Onwu

Quick, someone give this man a medal

Nicely done.

1 Like

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by WaffenSS(m): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2018
pawesome:
APC are trying real hard to discredit him because they know he is a fierce one... Why are they no talking about others? Normally when people talk about you, it means you are on the right track

So when we talk about Satan, as everyone does, it means he's on the right track?
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Ruddyman(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
This Atiku's candidacy is generating too many controversies for my liking. I am one of those that applauded his emergence because I felt he had the wherewithal to match Buhari APC pound-for-pound. But now I am beginning to have a rethink because since his emergence it has been from one crisis to the other. If it is not his alleged corrupt past and visa issuance distractions, it is about Peter Obi choice or southeast governors giving him the cold shoulder. Seems he has too much baggage to deal with. I just tire.

You never bn Atikulated....somebody like me will never get swayed by these news of this and that...

I have settled for AtikuObi long ago and nothing will change that...
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by madridsta007(m): 7:44am On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
This Atiku's candidacy is generating too many controversies for my liking. I am one of those that applauded his emergence because I felt he had the wherewithal to match Buhari APC pound-for-pound. But now I am beginning to have a rethink because since his emergence it has been from one crisis to the other. If it is not his alleged corrupt past and visa issuance distractions, it is about Peter Obi choice or southeast governors giving him the cold shoulder. Seems he has too much baggage to deal with. I just tire.

You should know that ALL these so-called isssues and reports are excellent propaganda from and by the APC. It is what they are experts at. They fooled millions in 2015. It’s like you will be among the few that they will fool in 2018/2019.
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by NonsoWow: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2018
chisco82:

You are not alone to that, i too. But i blame it on greediness of my igbo kingsmen are yet to understand the important block vote and unity in diversity.
APC are lobying them with money and they re falling for it. What beat my imagination is how they think that PMB or anybody will just give them president position in 2023, ofcourse its not possible they need to work for it in unite, resolve among themselves that they want it and be able to present a strong candidte for that.
Peter Obi is the problem. If Atiku had consulted the Igbo governors and they collectively picked an Igbo man who is not a bigot like Obi and who is generally accepted by Igbos, the situation of things now would have been different. But the thief Atiku chose to disrespect Igbo leaders now that he is still an aspirant, imagine what he would do to them if he gets real power.

2 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Buterflyle0: 7:45am On Dec 03, 2018
Corrinthians:
Since you people talk about Buhari even more than you talk about yourselves and even fasted and prayed he died, it means, going by this beautiful logic of yours, that Buhari has been on the RIGHTEST TRACK since day one!

Abi how you check am Buterflyle0? grin

You dey mind these people with the genes of that hunchback albino.

Whenever you see ipob logic you can tell from its foolishness that it can only be ipob

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Ruddyman(m): 7:46am On Dec 03, 2018
Ekpeitit:
The writer of this article is very stupid, who told them Atiku is planning to rule for 4 years?
Besides 2023 belongs to the Yorubas , the Igbos will never produce The president of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Quote me.

Why should we quote a mere mortal that's not sure of his very breath?....
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by WaffenSS(m): 7:47am On Dec 03, 2018
princfred:
Abeg which of them no dey loot? One use his invest and employ because he recognized the economic potential of Nigeria and how to utilize it while some others dont.

Does Atiku have the know how to make things better especially economically and in combination with his deputy even compared to those SE governors? Can that be the focus?

1. Just because he "invested" his loot doesn't make it legitimate, nor him any less a criminal

3. He didn't invest in Nigeria because he gives a shiit about the economy, he invested to make even more money from the money he stole.

1 Like

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by lexy2014: 7:49am On Dec 03, 2018
NonsoWow:
Peter Obi is the problem. Remove him from the ticket and watch the southeast governors get back on board. Retain him and the Igbo governors will bury Atiku's ambition before his own very eyes.
D same way they buried Chris Ngiges ambition of becoming senate president
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by PHILipu1(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2018
pawesome:
Am just waiting to see the crowd in Sokoto... That's all
Don't be deceive by crowds.
Money can buy crowd
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by PHILipu1(m): 7:52am On Dec 03, 2018
Nemesis001:
....The source noted that the South-East governors may align with the All Progressives Congress (APC) that has also promised the zone the ticket in 2023.

Delusion of the highest order. grin

...According to the governor, “I am the one to lead PDP campaign in South-South, my purported resignation rumour from PDP campaign team was orchestrated by those that are panicking already”-Wike

Na handiwork of Nairaland Buhari miscreants. grin They are all mad
Obiano has done that already and PDP governors in south east are just waiting for the right time when it will be too late for Atiku to recover

3 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Dessy96: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2018
why can't the igbos work together..... if na Hausa man Peter obi be all of them will throw their weight behind him..... igbo people and self centeredness...Shame
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by spyg1(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2018
Newbiee:
How far with Atiku's US visit?

Who is bankrolling Atiku campaign now?

Nyesom Wike the PDP CEO don vex since his candidate was out-dollared in Port Harcourt.

Udom Emmanuel have his hands full with Akpabio challenge.

Ben Ayade has kept himself away from PDP frenzy.

Seriake Dickson is more of an observer now.

Okowa is fighting for his own survival.

Gov. Umahi is fascinated by Buhari's achievements.

Gov. Obiano don't want anything to do with PDP and would rather work with Buhari.

Gov. Dankwambo now knows it is suicidal to support Atiku.

Ishaya Darius of Taraba is minding his own business.

Ortom suddenly has realised that herdsmen crisis can no longer give him automatic ticket, and the Ortom slogan of "Otomatic" don't sound like automatic any more and no more appealing.

Gov. Aminu Tambuwal is begging sokoto people to forgive his stupidity and still allow him to be their governor for the second time.

Kwara's Fatai Ahmed has woken up from Saraki's induced coma.��

Nnmadi Kanu's brother Gov Ikpeazu cannot bankroll Atiku since the supreme leader said No "Lefeledum no Erection". ��

Kwankwaso wants to save some face and may actually be on his way back to APC.

Lamido is no longer willing to work with Satan to dethrone Buhari, maybe the only Satan he is willing to work with is himself.

Makarfi just fizzled out as if he didn't fight heaven and earth to collect the PDP Chairman position from Modu Sheriff.

David mark is still in shock with the 35 votes he got in PH, he didn't know who he should be angry at; is it the 122 Benue state delegates that gave him only 35 votes or the party he served for 20 years, that couldn't reward loyalty?

Jonah Jang's own is worse, this time around he got the 19 votes he needed to beat Ameachi in the GOVERNOR'S FORUM'S election, but alas this is a different election. Ok.

Maybe OBJ will roll out the money, but Baba Iyabo is only known for spending government money during election.

So Atiku is left with SARAKI and those who want to even make dollars from him instead of contributing to the election.

It sounds funny but so true.

In short, all PDP Governors have suddenly realised that their support for an Atiku over a Buhari, is nothing but sure way to waste their states meager resources and a journey to nowhere.
Elton Onwu
why would a reasonable person give Ortom campaign coordinator?

1 Like

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Kbidi: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2018
I pity the south east if they continue in this foot dragging, they will so shoot themselves on their foot and thereby mortgage their region for selfish interest.... Very stubborn governors.....This is why I love Peter Obi.. When he was the governor of Anambra, he did very well..He never lobbied to be the VP candidate..And he has no issue with EFCC ....rather the south east to rally round and make this a reality , they are busy thinking of 2023....well that is their problem... Atiku/Obi is the correct choice.
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by lexy2014: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2018
NonsoWow:
Peter Obi is the problem. If Atiku had consulted the Igbo governors and they collectively picked an Igbo man who is not a bigot like Obi and who is generally accepted by Igbos, the situation of things now would have been different. But the thief Atiku chose to disrespect Igbo leaders now that he is still an aspirant, imagine what he would do to them if he gets real power.

Atiku doesn't need 2 consult anyone 2 choose his running mate. In fact, if he did, d chaos would have been greater. Pls go down memory lane and c how Igbo politicians have always used their parochial selfish interest 2 truncate d collective interests of Igbos. During d obasanjo era, senate presidency was ceded 2d SE. Instead of working 4 one goal, all d SE senators wanted 2b senate president. In 2015, Chris ngige had d opportunity 2b senate president on this administration but igbos ganged up against him 2 remove him from d senate. So my dear, igbos need 2 sort themselves out
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Nemesis001: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2018
Yomboy4ever:

Look like jargon in ur eyes but down in your heart he just highlighted the facts..
So you believe Atiku isn't rich enough to bankroll his campaign yet you also believed that he spent dollars for PDP primaries.

You also believed that he stole Nigeria dry? Bros where is your sense

Have you heard of the word Donor?
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by NonsoWow: 8:12am On Dec 03, 2018
lexy2014:

Atiku doesn't need 2 consult anyone 2 choose his running mate. In fact, if he did, d chaos would have been greater. Pls go down memory lane and c how Igbo politicians have always used their parochial selfish interest 2 truncate d collective interests of Igbos. During d obasanjo era, senate presidency was ceded 2d SE. Instead of working 4 one goal, all d SE senators wanted 2b senate president. In 2015, Chris ngige had d opportunity 2b senate president on this administration but igbos ganged up against him 2 remove him from d senate. So my dear, igbos need 2 sort themselves out
If Atiku doesn't need to consult them in the choice of his VP, then why is he looking for their support? Peter Obi is not the only Igbo running for the presidency. Moughalu and Ezekwesili are Igbos and are even running for the highest office. What would have made the VP post an Igbo project is if Igbo leaders had a special stake in it by being given the honour of picking the candidate.

2 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by duni04(m): 8:12am On Dec 03, 2018
HaileSelassie:

See Dis one oooo.
I don't do sentimental, tribal or sycophantic politics. In 2015, despite being of ss extraction I voted the daura efiggy, because we couldn't continue with where we are coming from. It was clear that Jonathan had his hand full and couldn't lead this country to the next level. A lot was expected from Buhari, a whole freaking lot , not just in terms of infrastructure development, we expected a change in processes and political behaviour. Almost four years gone and there is no clear pointer if we are developing as a country or not. Instead we find our old wounds of ethnic division, corruption and bitter politicking being reopened.

Man just f.uck offf , if you cant draw up 2 or 3 cogent reasons to vote your pay master then demonizing his opponent wont sway me. LikeI said Atiku wont still get my vote but I wish him well. As for Buhari, the battle is between him and Nigeria's future. Its either He is defeated or, he dies because Nigeria cant be defeated, and Nigeria wont die sad
It's sad that you haven't even specified exactly where Buhari has let you down after voting for him. Just the general pointless rubbish that the likes of Saraki, Wike and Fayose keep spewing. People who have been denied free access to our national treasury like they used to have.
Buhari has met and even surpassed many of my expectations. Grand corruption on the scale that we used to have in the Obasanjo/Atiku, Yaradua and Jonathan years, has ceased. Believe it or not, we are better off than we were 4 years ago. People are being held accountable for corruption. Former governors that we thought were untouchable have been sent to jail (Nyame and Dariye - both of the APC) There is accountability at the top for the very first time in our history! We don't hear of the wives or children of the President or VP awarding contracts or dashing oil blocks like used to obtain in the Jonathan and Obasanjo years. Infact yesterday it was announced that the inlaw of the VP will have to forfeit billions of Naira she made illegally to the FG because it was obtained through fraud in the Jonathan years. This was unthinkable years ago!
It's just a pity that you've bought into the narrative of the likes of Saraki, Atiku and Fayose, people with a proven track record of looting Nigeria's resources. Those are the people painting good as evil so that they can come back and turn Nigeria into their personal piggy bank like before. Saraki even confessed that he left the APC because there were no juicy appointments. He went further to confess on tape that his beef with Buhari is that he wasn't compensated for the money he spent in electing Buhari.
I don't know about you but this is exactly the change I voted for! I'm not naive in knowing that Nigeria cannot be transformed in four years. But with Buhari, I know that transformation has started. A lot still needs to be done. But the very fact that the likes of Saraki, Atiku and his INTELS and Fayose cannot touch our money again like before is progress.
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Nemesis001: 8:13am On Dec 03, 2018
PHILipu1:

Obiano has done that already and PDP governors in south east are just waiting for the right time when it will be too late for Atiku to recover

PDP governors in South East will give Buhari millions of votes with one thumbprint? grin
It's like you are a 5yr old boy.

You think everyone has forgotten how innocent youths were murdered by the Nigeria Army on the orders of Buhari?

What visible and useful project has Buhari done in the South East to warrant their supports?

Are you seriously expecting Ndigbo to abandon their own son and support a dullard who they haven't and won't benefit anything from? Just because their useless governors ask them to
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Egisokoinspire1(m): 8:17am On Dec 03, 2018
helinues:
Only for their selfish reasons . But Obi is still better than all of them together.

SE shouldn't let APC deceived them about 2023. It is a promise they can never kept.
Ok� shocked
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Kobicove(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2018
bashir1451:
So does it Now mean; They're No Longer Athiefkulated?

We people of the South East reject him conclusively!

2 Likes

Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by nograv: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2018
Ahh these old men dont realise the game has changed..

We dont care about Buhari or Atiku. We need new choices like Sowore or Donald Duke...

Give us real choices or you will join these fossils...
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by poseidon12: 8:24am On Dec 03, 2018
The Southeast Governors will have little or no impact on the voting pattern of Igbos for the presidency. From the get go, bigot Buhari made himself enemy of the Igbos. No right thinking Igbo will cast his or her vote for bigot Buhari. When it comes to national election, APC is virtually non existent in the Southeast. Atiku will get block vote from the Southeast.
The selfish Governors should learn from what happened to Dr Chris Ngige that used to be popular. They will become irrelevant politically the moment they switch to the evil APC. Gov Obiano in Anambra State is getting the message, I believe.
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Racoon(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2018
"...He said the issue of not consulting them before picking Obi as running mate is just a cover-up to their personal ambition of the presidency in 2023.

The source noted that the South-East governors may align with the All Progressives Congress (APC) that has also promised the zone the ticket in 2023..."
Sorry for these betrayers parading themselves as leaders of the South East. angry
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by pawesome(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2018
WaffenSS:

So when we talk about Satan, as everyone does, it means he's on the right track?
so you do talk about Satan and not pray against it?
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by pawesome(m): 8:33am On Dec 03, 2018
PHILipu1:

Don't be deceive by crowds.
Money can buy crowd
when it comes to both Atiku and Buhari or just Atiku?
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by WaffenSS(m): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2018
pawesome:
so you do talk about Satan and not pray against it?

Whether you talk or pray, he's the subject
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by princfred(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2018
WaffenSS:

1. Just because he "invested" his loot doesn't make it legitimate, nor him any less a criminal

3. He didn't invest in Nigeria because he gives a shiit about the economy, he invested to make even more money from the money he stole.

Ok for No 1 agreed but which of them no loot in a position to loot? Don't misconstrue that am suppprting looting o.
No 2 partially agree because both my point and yours are true. So doesn't my point on that make him different from some others?
Re: Why S/east Govs Are Foot-dragging Over Atiku’s Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2018
WisdomFlakes:

Anything that looks easy, watch am well na set up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Buhari To Meet Governors, NASS Caucus, Zero In On Consensus / Ose Anenih, Son Of Tony Anenih, Lost PDP House Of Representatives Election. / Peter Obi Holds Strategic Meeting With Ijaw National Congress Members In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.