Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls (2677 Views)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canada Permanent Residency; Express Entry. / How Do I Get Permanent Resident Card Of Canada Using Temporary Residence Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Confilass: 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2010
Hello Naira,

My friend with his family has travelled through this process but he was married.

I want to fill this form, the website is (www.cic.gc.ca) which give opportunity to get Permanet Resident Card (Canada) I want to be guided b/4 I start filling the form.  I am single and a B.Sc holder (Accounting), working at the moment in Nigeria.

Pls if there's any info.  Kindly advise
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by richylaw(m): 1:52pm On Jul 31, 2010
Confilass:

Hello Naira,

My friend with his family has travelled through this process but he was married.

I want to fill this form, the website is (www.cic.gc.ca) which give opportunity to get Permanet Resident Card (Canada) I want to be guided b/4 I start filling the form. I am single and a B.Sc holder (Accounting), working at the moment in Nigeria.

Pls if there's any info. Kindly advise

What information exactly do you need
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Confilass: 11:00am On Aug 02, 2010
I want to know d criteria as per age limit, if single what's d guarantee. My friend dat went left as a family.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by richylaw(m): 9:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
Confilass:

I want to know d criteria as per age limit, if single what's d guarantee. My friend dat went left as a family.

The fact that your friend is married does not mean you cannot score equal or higher points than him. You will be eligible if
You have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
Be a skilled worker who has had one year of continuous full-time or equivalent part-time paid work experience in at least one of the listed eligible occupations within the last ten years sad check it here)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

After you have checked and scaled through the above then go ahead and do a self scoring exercise for yourself based on your
• Education
• Language Ability
• Work Experience
• Adaptability

This could be done here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assess/index.asp

The questions are straight forward. As long as you can score 67 or above, then you are ok. Also bear in mind that the new rules requires that you must compulsorily undertake the IELTS exams before you can be eligible to apply and as well score 16 points under Language Ability ( if you speak French then you will have a full score of 24)
Once all these are done and you are on course, fill the forms and follow all instruction given in terms of processing fee and where to send your forms to in Canada.

Start off from the explanation given above and keep in tune on the forum here for any further advice you need.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Confilass: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2010
Thx richylaw, 've check and website and answered d necessary questions.

If I 've issues, I'll get back to u.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by richylaw(m): 6:31pm On Aug 06, 2010
It's a pleasure, I will surely be willing to assist. A lot of people do not realise they can do all the processing themselves without having to involve an agent or pay a 3rd party any money.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by osarodon(m): 11:18pm On Sep 12, 2010
Good info
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by dundas: 7:50pm On Sep 17, 2010
go on line and do the registration yourself,you do not need any 2ND or third party, if you are kin go to the website or even visit the embassy;they will help.
do not waste your money. if you give me your email i can help, i live in Canada
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by mmo1: 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2010
dundas and richylaw i'm also interested in the Canadian permanent resident card,
this is my email henribolajson@yahoo.com
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Nurudeena: 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
richylaw,
It is not stated in any part of the guide(www.cic.gc.ca) that applicant should obtain 16 point in IELTS test,once you have a reasonable point in IELTS is ok,all you need is that your total point must not less than 67.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by ChScott(m): 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2010
Hello forum

I am so much interested. I have already started applying. I will tell the forum my progress so far.
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by ChScott(m): 6:02pm On Sep 24, 2010
dundas:

go on line and do the registration yourself,you do not need any 2ND or third party, if you are kin go to the website or even visit the embassy;they will help.
do not waste your money. if you give me your email i can help, i live in Canada

@ dundas

I visited the site but I did not  understand the process, please kindly help or guide me on how to do the assessment. I would have like to email you but i did not see your email address in your profile. Please get back to me on ch_scotty@yahoo.com. Thank you so much. I am counting on you
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 24, 2010
Wonderful Information. cheesy
Re: Canada Permanent Resident Card, Advise Pls by Ctemi(f): 1:25am On Jul 01, 2016
Richlaw, pls can a nurse who is working in a federal govt hospital apply more so she is engaged how can she go about and will she be able to work in Canada? Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Missed Flight On Arik Air. What To Do ? / Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) / African Countries With The Most Beautiful Women,2015.,c Were Nigeria Ranks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.