Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

I Wanted To Become A Catholic Priest —charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Wanted To Become A Catholic Priest —charly Boy (262 Views)

Ubi Franklin: I Wanted To Commit Suicide On April 2017 After My Photoshoot / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 / Charly Boy Reacts To Army Invasion Of Nnamdi Kanu's Home In Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted To Become A Catholic Priest —charly Boy by naijapikin04(m): 1:22am On Dec 05, 2018
https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/12/05/wanted-become-catholic-priest-charly-boy/

Showbiz maverick and activist, Charles Oputa, a.k.a “Charly boy”, said that he considered becoming a priest as a young boy due to the strong moral and spiritual parenting he received from his late father.

Charly boy stated this on Tuesday at the 2018 Justice Oputa Annual Conference (JOAC), an annual lecture series on leadership, in Abuja.

He said: “I was an altar boy trying to live up to our father’s expectations, and I was fed with so much religiosity that I romanced the idea of becoming a priest as a teenager.

“Almost every morning, we attended morning mass which was compulsory, and confession meetings and Bible studies was regular.

“My dear father ‘terrorised’ us with the burden of bearing the name, Oputa, and almost every day was a sermon and lecture in our household on why we must protect the Oputa name.

“It was pounded into our skulls that a good name is worth more than all the billions in the bank; values that have become extinct in today’s Nigeria,” he added.

Charly boy, who is the National Coordinator of the “Ourmumudondo” Movement, in an emotion-filled atmosphere, eulogized the late Supreme Court Judge, popularly known as “Socrates of the Nigerian Judiciary”.

Re: I Wanted To Become A Catholic Priest —charly Boy by simpleKUSH(m): 5:39am On Dec 05, 2018
Na your type dey fvck alter boys for sacristy

(1) (Reply)

Miss World Competition Is Today, Check The List / Cassper Nyovest Is 28 And Feeling Good / 6 Nigerian Celebrities Feuds That Rocked The Entertainment Industry In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.