Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies (19533 Views)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Saraki Perfect Plan To Unseat President / Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Saraki, Dogara, Abdulsalami At Jonathan’s Book Launch / 'My Transition Hours': Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by dre11(m): 6:06am On Dec 05, 2018
Olusola Fabiyi andOlalekan Adetayo

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, met in Abuja on Tuesday in Abuja, THE PUNCH learnt last night.

The meeting was also attended by the National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, amongst a few others who were said to have been carefully selected for the meeting.

Sources close to the meeting told our correspondents that the meeting was based on the strategies that would enable Atiku and the PDP emerge winners in the general elections.

It was also gathered that the meeting reviewed the ongoing zonal campaigns of the party, which was said to be a precursor for the state-by-state campaign that would follow.

It was also gathered that the former president used the opportunity of the meeting to settle the rift between Atiku and a former Governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala Nyako (retd.).

Nyako, who is a former Chief of Naval Staff, was a member of the PDP before he defected to the All Progressives Congress.

However, instead of returning to the PDP like Atiku after their disagreements with the national leadership of the ruling party, Nyako and his son, Senator Abdul-Aziz Nyako, joined the African Democratic Congress.

The former president was said to have been worried about the cacophony of voices from the home state of Atiku in particular about his presidential ambition and decided to step in and settle the rifts.

Apart from Nyako, it was also learnt that Obasanjo intervened in the alleged misunderstanding between Atiku and his former aide while serving as the Vice President, Dr Umar Ardo.

A source privy to the meeting said, “It was a family and an elaborate meeting. Baba (Obasanjo) is a fantastic leader. I have never seen such a man who combines energy with intellect and political sagacity.

“He spoke at length to everyone, including the Waziri (Atiku) and others that were there.

“He had successfully settled the rift between Atiku and Nyako and the disagreements between Atiku and Ardo. Now, we have Adamawa to take because all the power brokers are behind us.”

When contacted on the meeting, Secondus declined to give details.

Rather, he said the leadership of the party would always meet to strategise ahead of the election.

Meanwhile, opposition political parties on Tuesday expressed doubt over the readiness of President Muhammadu Buhari to accept the outcome of the 2019 presidential election whichever way it goes.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, had in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria said the 2019 election was not a matter of life-or-death for Buhari,­ because he would be happy to accept the verdict of the electorate.

But the Social Democratic Party and the All Progressives Grand Alliance in separate interviews with our correspondents said there were no proofs so far that Buhari would do as Onyeama promised.

The National Publicity Secretary of the SDP, Mr Alfa Mohammed, told one of our correspondents that the statement credited to Onyeama was contrary to an earlier statement credited to the Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazzau.

Mohammed recalled that Dambazzau had been quoted as saying that the presidential candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, would suffer a bloodied nose in the election.

He said the statement by Dambazzau, whose ministry is in charge of internal security, was an indication that the government was ready to unleash security agents on the opposition.

https://punchng.com/2019-obasanjo-atiku-secondus-meet-renew-strategies-2/

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by GoldChest(m): 6:07am On Dec 05, 2018
Anything to send Jubril Al Sudan out of Aso rock is welcomed

See how the world are mocking Buhari below

I'm Ashamed of my country .
Buhari has to go.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by chriskosherbal(m): 6:08am On Dec 05, 2018
Okay ...
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Corrinthians(m): 6:12am On Dec 05, 2018
Obasanjo wants to restrategise with him on how to deliver him into the hands of the FBI since his visa strategy has failed. grin

Baba na very wise man. Las las I'm sure his plans for Atiku will come to fruition. grin

He must fūck the man at at all cost. I understand HE NEVER FORGIVES nor FORGETS. cheesy

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Afamed: 6:15am On Dec 05, 2018
Another strategy to lure Atiku to America. These people are bent on sending Atiku to Guantanamo prison by fire by force.

13 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 05, 2018
Our new president and vp.

How can APC campaign against pdp restructuring in the south? grin I just dey laugh

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Aldebaran(m): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2018
cheesy grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by CTechHub(m): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2018
okay, cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by saracus(f): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2018
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by israelmao(m): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2018
It may not be Atiku but Buhari must go back to Daura in 2019.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 05, 2018
GoldChest:

Buhari has to go.
The cloned dvllard must return to his village in Sudan grin

Cc lzaa onyeoga pointzerom madridguy buhariguy sarrki shalomc iceberg3 yarimo greenback Alariiwo Roger3d cynthiakiss omenka tossie101 juliusmalema jumpandpas greenback eternaltruths shukuokukobambi velocity25

22 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Felixalex(m): 6:26am On Dec 05, 2018
Make una strategize well

Besides abeg where's that BBQ guy? was he banned I miss his zombilism, especially the way he writes using "We" as per say he de type with "official" account grin grin grin grin grin

Chai! Iberibe na-enye onye ara morale

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by helinues: 6:26am On Dec 05, 2018
They shall meet, gather, strategise, have a meeting but at the end, it is a wasted effort.

I am waiting for how OBJ is going to campaign for Atiku he once called a thief.

2019, Obj, Amosun are going into political exile

9 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by calberian: 6:26am On Dec 05, 2018
Veterans and Professors Emeritus at rigging who have over half a century of combined experience in the dark arts of election rigging

vs

a seemingly intellectually bereft manually-operated individual with a somewhat relatively fair reputation, corruption-wise surrounded by Election Rigging 101 and Electoral Fraud 205 students.

" . . . either way, men are going to die . . . "
Bill Matthews in "The Devil's Alternative" (Frédéric Forsyth, 1979)

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Zaikon(m): 6:26am On Dec 05, 2018
No matter the degree of the strategies, God is in control and not Obj, Tinubu et'al

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by vecman22(m): 6:27am On Dec 05, 2018
Una go renew am tire.stupid people..

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by dokyOloye: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2018
Afamed:

Supporter of a fugitive. Your Islamization propaganda failed you , this one too is dead on arrival
Get a job

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by BruncleZuma: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Zaikon(m): 6:28am On Dec 05, 2018
Corrinthians:
Obasanjo wants to restrategise with him on how to deliver him into the hands of the FBI since his visa strategy has failed. grin

Baba na very wise man. Las las I'm sure his plans for Atiku will come to fruition. grin

He must fūck the man at at all cost. I understand HE NEVER FORGIVES nor FORGETS. cheesy

My thought too
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 05, 2018
I have doubt that bubu will accept the outcome of the elections given that the electoral bill is yet to be signed into law .

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by fredoooooo: 6:31am On Dec 05, 2018
Awon werey deede... grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by brown116: 6:31am On Dec 05, 2018
Afamed:

Supporter of a fugitive. Your Islamization propaganda failed you , this one too is dead on arrival
supporter of killer

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by Corrinthians(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Zaikon:

My thought too
Obj will not rest until he gets the man behind bars. Shey he was busy resting in his house in Ota. They took themselves there to literally force him into their business. Reminds me of one Ali Modu Sheriff. grin

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by braveboy64(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2018
na second una go carry secondus
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by MXrap: 6:32am On Dec 05, 2018
Back to Daura cheesy

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by braveboy64(m): 6:32am On Dec 05, 2018
na second una go carry secondus

1 Like

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by bluecircle470: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2018
OBJ the navigator! grin
Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by cherechi01: 6:34am On Dec 05, 2018
I cannot come and kill my self for this polithiefcians .

Re: 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku, Secondus Meet, Renew Strategies by PHILipu1(m): 6:42am On Dec 05, 2018
GoldChest:

Buhari has to go.
We are already set to vote for the imposter in aso rock because he is doing a great job fixing Nigeria and he is better than your Otueke hero.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Declared Winner Of Surulere 1, Lagos Assembly / ‘Don’t Christianize Your Cabinet’ – MURIC Warns Lagos, Oyo, Ogun Governors / EndSARS White Paper: Bereaved Women Lay Siege To Obafemi Hamzat's Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.