Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) (2690 Views)

The Day U.S. President Reagan Was Shot, 40 Years Ago (Photos) / Touching Image Of George H.W. Bush's Service Dog Lying By His Coffin In Texas / George H.W. Bush Dead At 94 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:57am On Dec 05, 2018
From Airforce One To 'Special Air Mission 41'

The remains of the late U.S. President George H.W. Bush reached an airbase near Washington, D.C. on Monday, finishing one leg of a round-trip journey from Texas back to the capital where he served four years in Congress, one at the helm of the CIA, eight as vice president and four in the White House.

'Special Air Mission 41' the aircraft known as Air Force One when living presidents are aboard touched down just before 3:30 p.m. at Joint Base Andrews, where a Cadillac hearse flying the U.S. flag and bearing the Seal of the President of the United States waited on an expansive tarmac.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6455297/amp/George-H-W-Bushs-remains-fly-Texas-D-C-Special-Air-Mission-41-funeral.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:58am On Dec 05, 2018
Along with a military band and honor guards arrayed like parade-ground marchers without a commander to review them, a contingent of 114 crew members of the USS George H.W. Bush stood at attention while the jumbo jetliner touched down and taxied.

Aboard the plane with the former president's remains were his sons George W. and Neil and their families.

George W. Bush was America's 43rd president. Former first lady Laura Bush also made the trip from Houston.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2018
Former President George W. Bush (left) emerged from the same plane that ferried him around the world from 2001 to 2009, with his first lady at his side.

Former President George W. Bush (center) and former first lady Laura Bush (right) joined brother Neil Bush and his family deplaning from the jet that serves as Air Force One.

Jeb Bush (right of center, front row) joined the rest of the family at Joint Base Andrews from Florida; his wife Columba is to his left.

The Texas-based Bush clan including George Wl, Laura and Neil stood with hands on hearts during Monday morning's departure ceremony.

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:01am On Dec 05, 2018
Sully, the yellow Labrador retriever service dog of former President George H.W. Bush, walked thorugh Joint Base Andrews after the arrival of 'Special Air Mission 41'.

Sully, the late President Bush's service dog, lay in front of his casket at the funeral home in Houston on Monday.

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by tyup(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2018
See everything about the white so Soft, simple and beautiful

but in a country they call Nigeria everything just look soo... lemme just reserve my comment undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by izzou(m): 8:07am On Dec 05, 2018
grin

All I see is simplicity

Everybody wear him normal suit come grin

If Na my country, asoebi go don full everywhere. Posters, banners, billboard go carry the man face. Different dance groups go dey airport to perform for the dead body. Delegates from all the states go come, with their different attires. About 5000 policemen go dey designated for the event, including the chiefs of army, naval and airforce

Political party people and posters go full the airport, and them go still fight join

Abeg no ask me which country I dey. angry

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2018
The Lincoln catafalque, a wooden platform that once supported the coffin of America's 16th president, was placed in the center of the Capitol Rotunda in preparations for the arrival of Bush's casket.

Pallbearers, all members of the U.S. Secret Service, brought Bush's casket out of a Houston funeral home Monday morning and loaded it into a hearse for a motorcade-drive to Ellington Field, where the presidential Boeing 747 awaited.

Joint service members rehearsed on Sunday for the arrival of Bush's remains at the U.S. Capitol, where he will lie in state in the Rotunda.

Members of the military played 'Hail to the Chief' and accompanied a 21-gun salute with a long drum roll at Ellington Field.

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by tyup(m): 8:16am On Dec 05, 2018
izzou:
grin

All I see is simplicity

If Na my country, asoebi go don full everywhere. Posters, banners, billboard go carry the man face. Different dance groups go dey airport to perform for the dead body. Delegates from all the states go come, with their different attires. About 5000 policemen go dey designated for the event, including the chiefs of army, naval and airforce

Political party people and posters go full the airport, and them go still fight join

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Funjosh(m): 8:19am On Dec 05, 2018
What a loss to the Bush family. No wonder there was serious Bush fire in the United States of America

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:20am On Dec 05, 2018
The U.S. flag above the White House flew at half-staff in Bush's honor on Monday, along with flags at all other federal buildings.

As Monday's motorcade procession took up the southbound lanes of Interstate 45, drivers on the northbound lanes pulled over in a miles-long show of respect.

The locomotive chosen for his final journey was customized in Bush's honor in 2005 and painted with the number '4141' in his honor.

He marveled at its unveiling that year and asked to take it for a ride.

On Thursday his casket will be in a train car with Plexiglas windows to allow people to see it during the trip.

The 41st president died at his Houston home on Friday night, seven months after his wife Barbara passed away.

Bush will be laid to rest alongside his wife of 73 years and Robin Bush, their daughter who died of leukemia in 1953 at age 3.

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 05, 2018
If only they opened their brains to know that they are feeding him to maggots. And that thats just ordinary dead meat

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by flyca: 9:14am On Dec 05, 2018
Shibaraba:
If only they opened their brains to know that they are feeding him to maggots. And that thats just ordinary dead meat
This type of comment is getting too much lately. It could be de-marketing strategy, I don't know. But it will work because Seun has decided not to do anything about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by cyojunior1(m): 9:16am On Dec 05, 2018
if 0nly bullhari knew he this lifeless lm0re than the corpse 0f Bush !, his spirit should have not been allowed to be cloned
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Originality007: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2018
izzou:
grin

All I see is simplicity

my brother u have said it all, we such a wasteful country...

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
flyca:

This type of comment is getting too much lately. It could be de-marketing strategy, I don't know. But it will work because Seun has decided not ti do anything about it.
Mention him again. I just did. Bolo. Go open your nairaland...or should I say mumuland
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
Politics aside and with respect to my former president of the United States of America,
George Herbert Walker Bush, may his soul rest in peace.
Condolences to his family (who less than 1 year ago passed away) and his extremely close son, and also my former president George Walker Bush, who I pray will be able to hold his composure enough to deliver the eulogy for his dad today.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
Politics aside and with respect to my former president of the United States of America,
George Herbert Walker Bush, may his soul rest in peace.
Condolences to his family (who lost the matriarch of the family less than 1 year ago) and his extremely close son, and also my former president George Walker Bush, who I pray will be able to hold his composure enough to deliver the eulogy for his dad today.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
Simple and elegant.
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by MikeMoses(m): 6:29am On Dec 06, 2018
May his soul rest in peace, Amen!
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by stanley000: 7:01am On Dec 06, 2018
But why is this not on fp, even though it adds nothing to we Nigerians but still it's better than this nonsense seun pushed to fp.

Cc lalasticlala
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by bujebudanu1(m): 7:07am On Dec 06, 2018
Ok.i just hope the soldiers that carried him were like that of John McCain's.
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:16am On Dec 06, 2018
George W. Bush broke into sobs at the end of his touching eulogy to his father on Wednesday.

He paid tribute to him as the 'best father a son or daughter can have' and honored his service to the country as both the 41st president and during the war.

As he made his way back from the pulpit, George W. placed a loving hand on his father's flag draped casket as he cried.

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:24am On Dec 06, 2018
President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, former presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton with their wives, and Jimmy Carter with his wife Rosalynn.

Charles sat quietly throughout the service next to former Prime Minister John Major. The pair were sat behind German Chancellor Angela Merkel and other mourners.

Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama embrace as they prepare to take their seats inside the National Cathedral before the Trumps' arrival.

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:32am On Dec 06, 2018
Wednesday was declared a national day of mourning in the former president's honor.

The Bush family told before Wednesday's service how touched they had been by the public outpouring of support and sympathy.

Thousands of people stood out in the street to pay tribute to the former president as he was driven past them towards the cathedral.

The hearse was driven slowly past the White House on its way to the National Cathedral from the US Capitol.

2 Likes

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2018
George H.W.'s casket was taken to Joint Base Andrews after the service to be boarded onto Air Force One and flown home to Texas.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2018
The flag-draped casket of former president George HW Bush is carried by a joint services military honour guard at Ellington Field in Houston.

His final resting place is alongside Barbara Bush, his wife of 73 years, and Robin Bush, the daughter they lost to leukaemia aged three.

Going on a train ride.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2018
Dying wish, final journey home.

People pay their respects as the train carrying the casket of former President George H.W. Bush passes through Navasota, Texas Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2018
Firefighters also paying their respect.

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 10:20am On Dec 06, 2018
Some people laid coins along the tracks that wound through small town Texas so a 420,000-pound locomotive pulling the nation's first funeral train in nearly half a century could crunch them into souvenirs.

Steven Lowry, 7, picks through the rocks underneath the train tracks moments after the memorial train for President George H.W. Bush had passed through Pinehurst, Texas, on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018.

Many people who watched the train pass by took rocks or coins that were flattened by the train as keepsakes.

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by bujebudanu1(m): 10:32am On Dec 06, 2018
USA flags everywhere cool
Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
Bush to be laid to rest in Texas after four-day tribute.

The Latest on events honoring former President George H.W. Bush (all times local):5:25 p.m.Texas A&M says the private, graveside service for George H.W. Bush's family members has ended and the former president has been buried.

Thursday evening's ceremony concludes days of funeral activities honoring the 41st president.

After lying in state at the U.S. Capitol and a funeral at Washington's National Cathedral, Bush had a funeral at the Houston church where his family worshipped.

His remains then rode on a special funeral train to College Station, where he was buried at his presidential library at Texas A&M University.

Prior to the closed service, about 2,100 cadets in dress uniforms lined the road to the graveside and saluted as the motorcade passed.

The flag-draped casket of former President George H.W. Bush is carried by a joint services military honor guard as it arrives at the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, in College Station, Texas, for burial.

George W and his wife Laura, are seen leading their mourning family as they head to the George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.

The flag that was draped over George H.W. Bush's coffin was was presented to Doro Bush Koch.

Bush's daughter Doro was presented with the American flag that had draped her father's coffin as it made its way from Houston to his name sake library in College Station on a specially adapted presidential train, waved on my thousands of supporters who flocked to the railway line to pay their final respects.

In a moving photo from his final burial, a military officer gets down on one knee to present Doro Bush with the flag.

Earlier that afternoon, George H. W. Bush's coffin had arrived at the university in a motorcade from the train.

His Secret Service agents and sons and grandsons were among the honorary pallbearers as his coffin was carried by members of the military.

Bush rest alongside his wife of 73 years and Robin Bush, their daughter who died of leukemia in 1953 at age 3.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-6467283/The-Latest-11-000-people-pay-respects-Bush-Houston.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8408892697
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: The Funeral Of Former U. S. President H. W. Bush(Photos) by hahn(m): 3:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
izzou:
grin

All I see is simplicity

You forgot to add that NTA will broadcast the event in the worst possible quality cheesy grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trump Retweet Set Twitter On Fire: There's Hope For Nigeria / Barack Obama Announces Intention To Run As President Of Kenya In 2021 / Israel Is Losing Respect All Over The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.