Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Important: Notice to Jobseekers - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Important: Notice to Jobseekers (34407 Views)

Dssc Airforce 2016: Notice To All Applicants / Free CV Review For Students & Jobseekers / Free Cv Review For Students & Jobseekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by nabila1230: 12:16pm On May 27, 2011
appreciated. and thanks
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by Milkyjude1(m): 11:17pm On May 27, 2011
Thanks for your info, Really so many thinks are happening.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by doctorfox: 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hmmm,

I think their primary aim is to get people to pay money to write interviews or the promise a big job in oil companies etc.
They may also give you a call out of nowhere proposing some big money making business to you hoping you will be interested since you seem to be in search of a job.
My advise - do not be desperate. Every good thing will come to you in due time.
Never believe anything if it sounds too good to be true.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by affinity77(m): 2:42am On Jun 14, 2011
Thanks moderator. Let job seekers beware of these scammers!!
Last month, they scammed my elder brother who is a civil engr in abuja. They told him about one contract stuff he was applying for. Before he knows it, his money is gone and those men are nowhere to be found. guys shine your eyes oooo
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by banke26(f): 5:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
thanks,anyway just got here,and i just need a job till nysc calls,November i think,so i will be grateful for any help,thanks.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by jobskills: 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
The first thing that should make any job seeker suspicious of a dubious character is when you are asked to part with something to get a job. No normal organisation will ask you to pay them before they hire you because it just does not make any sense.

And if you are dealing with a recruitment agency, be very careful. I am aware some of them ask people to pay money to register for them to help you look for job. Let me tell you the truth, they cannot get you a job, the best they can do is perhaps get you an interview if at all they are genuine.
Dont forget that your success at the interview depends on you. You therefore need to decide whether you want to patronise them or take your job search headlong by yourself.

Before you part with your money, ask them which organisations they are recruiting for and what role do they have that matches your profile. Or better still, show them your cv and ask if you are fit for any of the role they are filling now.

The truth is, every recruitment agency is always looking out for good candidates to present to their clients, if your cv looks good, they will be willing to talk to you and if it does not, you will take a walk. At least you have not parted with your money.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by belemzy: 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2011
Thanks every one its cool having people with great infos in the house
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by doctorfox: 5:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
The only case where I have seen a recruitment agency asking for money and they did get jobs for the applicants.

In that scenario they never asked for any registration fee, only thing they did was get the applicant to agree to a contract that entitles them to some percentage of the applicant's salary for the first 3 months or there about.

If you are told to pay for registration of any sort, please open your eyes very well!
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by ashlamonki: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
It s always very sad seeking for job in this very country of ours.u can imagine a firm which published the postion of marketing manager and u later find out that they re only searching for people to market home appliances like stove,iron etc for the unregister firm.it worthy crying with such commmission on each item,so sad such as N1200 stove given to u @ d rate of N1000.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by jobskills: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
ashlamonki:

It s always very sad seeking for job in this very country of ours.u can imagine a firm which published the postion of marketing manager and u later find out that they re only searching for people to market home appliances like stove,iron etc for the unregister firm.it worthy crying with such commmission on each item,so sad such as N1200 stove given to u @ d rate of N1000.

Honestly, i believe you can walk away from any job that you feel dehumanises you. I know you might not agree with this becauses it appears like a bitter pill when you consider the economic variables. At the end of the day, where does such jobs leave you? Frustrated and dissatisfied most times.

I think a question we should all ask ourselves is why am i not getting a good job? (mark my adjective 'good') Many of us would quickly say because there are no or very few jobs. That may be a fact but its not the truth for everybody.

Most people are not getting good jobs because of their approach to job search, lack of relevant skills or ignorance of how to match ones skills with the job requirement.
You can read up this article to throw more light on what i am saying. Here is the link http://myjobskills101.com/how-to-secure-a-job-without-previous-job-related-experience.

We all need to be sincere with ourselves before we wine and dine in a pity party that we most times find ourselves when we try to blame the economy/Government for all things. I hope i made myself clear.

Thanks
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by suke50(m): 11:04am On Jun 19, 2011
i need some more grin
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by stonremkee: 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2011
Pls,i studied botany and am really keen in landing a job.any ideas,folks?
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by jobskills: 1:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
stonremkee:

Pls,i studied botany and am really keen in landing a job.any ideas,folks?

What kind of job and what value are you adding to the organisation? These information is key to simplifying the job search process.

Please note that no organisation owes you a job, but you owe an organisation a solution that can help them solve their work problems. So! what can you offer brother?

There is a principle called the Job Concept principle. What it says is that vacancies (jobs) are created in organisations as a result of an identified problem in the value chain (the process of converting input to output and profit in an organisation) of the organisation. The person that gets the job is the candidate that has the solution (the competency to do the job and evidence that he/she will do it)

Please refer to the attached article (The Ultimate question - Why Should I be hired?), you will find it useful.

Cheers

Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by ovwemike(m): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
make good confirmation before putting all your recommended efforts
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by azoo: 3:09pm On Jul 06, 2011
@jobskills I cant agree with u more,
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by eddiehalla: 10:57am On Jul 20, 2011
Please can anyone tell me wether a company by the name of "Globestar Company Limited" which is situated at:
Plot 1274 Amodu Street, Victoria Island, Lagos Nigeria
is a legitimate company?
There is a web site for this company, but I am still not 100% convinced.

I have been offered employment by the company and have received a contract etc, but was asked to pay a fee to a travel agent for the documents to be arranged. This travel agent is Pillar Travel Agents (Dr Tariq), but none of the telephone numbers given seem to work, and all the correspondence is via email. I could not find a web site for this company either.

So PLEASE if anyone could help me verify these companies, i would be most gratefull.
Re: Important: Notice to Jobseekers by mindasset: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2011
Any agent that request you to pay before you secure a job is fake and a scam! Don't fall prey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly / Guaranty Trust Bank Is Recruiting? / Lady Finally Gets A Job After Submitting 4000 Applications In Five Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.