Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 (27588 Views)

7 Ways To Effectively Manage Your Time In 2019 / 4 Dream-killer Habits You Should Avoid In 2019 / 5 Mistakes That May Hinder Your Career Growth In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by bosunjohns(m): 3:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
Ayodejioak:
Considering a career in Information Technology (IT)? Well, it all solely depends on some actionable plan. Depending mainly on strengths, many find it seemingly stress-free to decide a track to pursue in the IT field, ranging from Data Analytics, Programming, Networking, Audit, Risk assessment, Blue/Red teaming, database administration, Cloud and Cyber Security.

Bringing a professional IT certification to the table, whether as a prospective or as an existing employee, creates a room to stand out in the job market or being open for a salary renegotiation respectively.
We have arrived at a comprehensive list of top 10 must-have IT certifications for 2019 in ascending order:

#10 CERTIFIED SCRUM MASTER (CSM)
A scrum master is the facilitator or coordinator of any team. In recent years, there exists a dire need to have someone who facilitates, moderates, documents and visualizes the team's projects (called iteration or sprints). Scrum Masters make use of the Agile methodology which is dependent on the Scrum framework.
In an IT product development, for instance, employees are grouped into smaller subsets called sprints, for the primary intent of reviewing progress and analyzing the next line of action (usually called "show and tell" ) . Meetings are recurring daily and typically last between 30 minutes to 2 hours, with a lot of post-its, markers, and stand-ups.

#9 CompTIA Security+ CERTIFICATION (SECURITY+)
The CompTIA Security+ is considered the best certification the properly covers the baseline of cybersecurity methodologies including Threats, attacks & vulnerabilities, Identity & access management, technologies & tools, risk management, architecture & design, cryptography & Public key infrastructure (PKI), and Internet of Things (IoT).Most CompTIA Security+ certification exam takes prefer going the Trifecta route, which involves having to initially obtain the A+ exam, which covers more of IT hardware fundamentals and N+ which includes more of the Network portion of Security+ creating a tremendous overlap between both the Network+ and the Security+ certification exam.

#8 CCDP - CISCO CERTIFIED DESIGN PROFESSIONAL
The CCDP is an advanced Cisco certification for senior roles within the IT networking track including Network design engineers and system engineer analysts. Over the years, Cisco certifications are underrated, resulting to minimal attention drawn to advanced level Cisco certifications and Cisco enthusiasts going for the entry and mid-level Cisco certifications like CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNP, CCIE and CCDA which are pre-requisites to the CCDP certification.
The CCDP certification tests advanced physical, logical and technical expertise in network design concepts as well as principles required in developing various layers on enterprise architecture for network devices.

#7 CEH - CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER
The CEH is called the 'recruiter's certification' in IT, especially within the cybersecurity track, this is because many hiring managers/recruiters love to see this certification in their prospective employee's resume. The CEH can land you a wide range of jobs from the Security Operations Centre (SOC) analyst or Incident Response analyst to even senior roles like penetration tester and other red teaming (offensive security) jobs.Surprisingly, many will argue that the CEH, which remains one of the most expensive certifications has lost its value of credibility and given similar CompTIA certifications like CYSA+ and CompTIA Pentest+ a competitive hedge in recent years

#6 MCSE - MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SOLUTIONS EXPERT
The MCSE certification is a Microsoft certification program that specifically for Windows Operating System engineers. It is broad enough to be sub-categorized based on the career path into four main categories:
MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure
MCSE: Server Infrastructure
MCSE: Business Intelligence
MCSE: Private Cloud

"Is MSCE worth it?" is usually a question its enthusiasts can relate to for the one reason that Microsoft Certifications seem underrated and less threat posing in the recruiter's niche today, or maybe Microsoft is just best at improving the almighty Windows Operating System

#5 AWS - AMAZON WEB SERVICE
Amazon is indisputably the saving grace in e-commerce websites across America and the rest of the world. In 2015, Amazon introduced AWS which is a cloud-based web hosting service that beats its predecessors; Microsoft's Azure and Google cloud platform hands down.AWS is a fast-rising certification, gaining credibility and popularity with the intent of becoming IT's most sought-after certification today. AWS covers the required coursework for cloud practitioners, Web Developers, IT architecture, Security operations and virtual storage techs with four main sub-divisions:
- AWS Certified Foundational
- AWS Certified Associate
- AWS Certified Professional
AWS Certified Specialty

#4 OSCP - OFFENSIVE SECURITY CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL
Just like its name, the OSCP is the most recognized, top-tiered, respected and valued professional red teaming cybersecurity certification. It entails prior successful completion of the PWK (Penetration with Kali Linux) course as well as the 24-hour hands-on exam testing advanced technical knowledge using the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques and conducting penetration tests.The OSCP certification is neither a beginner nor intermediate certification but for professional pentesters, blue/red team, security professionals, network administrators and threat hunters seeking an industry leading certification. <br />It requires a strong background off networking, substantial usage of Linux OS and comfortability writing/using bash, Perl and Python scripts.

#3 CISSP - CERTIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY PROFESSIONAL
The CISSP is an independent Information Security IT certification governed by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium or (ISC)², referenced as the "Zenith" of Cybersecurity certifications.The CISSP is an ideal certification for Chief Information Security Officers (CISO), IT Managers, Security Architecture and Engineering, veteran-grade security practitioners and executives who deem it fit to crown their accomplishments with certifications.<br />The requirements can be cumbersome, one of which includes a minimum of five years of direct full-time security work experience in two or more of the (ISC)² information security Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).

#2 CGEIT - CERTIFIED IN GOVERNANCE OF ENTERPRISE IT
The CGEIT is a highly competitive vendor-neutral certification with the primary aim of testing, validating and certifying IT governance skills, proudly managed by an international professional association known as Information Systems Audit and Control Association or ISACA. The CGEIT aims at testing the abilities of IT professionals in the practice of delivering quality governance. Similar to the CISSP certification, the CGEIT certification also requires proof of at least five years of experience in job domains related to IT governance including Framework for the governance of enterprise, Risk optimization, Strategic management, Resource optimization and Benefits Realization.

#1 ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE
Bearing in mind that a Security clearance is not a certification, a security clearance in "active" status is usually issued, administered and coordinated by the United States Government. It is a must-have document, before securing all Federal and most state jobs with an exception for individuals who demonstrate an ability to acquire one within a stipulated time (usually 3–6 months post-employment).
Most security clearances are issued by the Department of Defense (DoD) and categorized as Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret with the amount and detail of information varies accordingly with the level of clearance requested.

Conclusion
Information Technology (IT) is a fast thriving career path in the last decade, with the capabilities of improving age-old programs like C, Python, Java and eventually creating a new approach towards data analytics including practices implored in machine learning, AI and IoT thereby opening doors to new inventions within the IT sector in general. The modes of obtaining an IT certification are now seemed straightforward, as opposed to the last decades, where materials, exams were either too expensive, with limited availability, deliberately hardened for segregative purposes or simply optimized for senior positions.
Source: http://itblogr.com/top-10-it-certifications-in-2019/
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
You see here in this country no one wants to employ someone with just one skillset, so getting SQL alone wont be enough especially if you want to be a database administrator, you need to be knowledgeable in SQLlite, Microsoft Server for starters then more advanced skills like Oracle 12g and other Non relational databases like CouchDB and MongoDB

TheKingIsHere:

What about acquiring skills in SQL? What are the prospect of getting a good job with it?

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by BrightForYou(m): 10:00pm On Dec 07, 2018
AK481:

thats CCIE The beast!

Please can you recommend any institutions that run the program well? Then do you have an idea how much it costs? Thanks bro
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Ejadike(m): 10:05am On Dec 08, 2018
Ridwanna:
IT Security Certification and not general IT certification.

where do u put full stack, Software engineering, networking, analytics, data science, AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc
Good morning G. Please, which certification can I do that relates with digital marketing? I don't Wanna do the regular social media manager whatever that people do, I just wanna stand out.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Ejadike(m): 10:12am On Dec 08, 2018
persius555:
Non of these IT Certifications can get you a million dollar job.

What is the point of getting all these certifications just to earn a salary that is dependent on its relevance in the IT field. I'd rather be a business developer with minimal programming skill but the potential to strike a million dollar tech deal or product in the shortest possible time.
explain more please
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Ejadike(m): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2018
Ciscogod:

Amazon will still ask for CCIE RandS before they land you a big role... Seriously u dont need CCIE to plan and implement big network,, but its always a passport for bigger jobs.. I'm writing mine in March sha
Good morning bro. Please which IT certification can I do that will be related to digital marketing?
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
If you are a Digital marketer you should know that you dont need a Certification, just recognition,testimonials and your online presence (either for your agency or personal brand) is enough to get you your daily bread and most likely even more sef.

Ejadike:
Good morning bro. Please which IT certification can I do that will be related to digital marketing?
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
sircrabo:
Wonderful courses i must say, just that i know some guys at Alaba and Ladipo that earn thrice what these Cert holders earn in a month. Even with my Mini importation, i am gradually closing up.

I sha did CCNA and Web Dev; but i admire the challenges that come with doing business
bro can we talk ? Please give me your whatsapp line...
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

I am working with devops guy everyday, I have not met anyone with even a CCNA. These guys are well versed in what they do. You will get a better ROI knowledgeable about Linux variants.
bro... Where can I learn devops
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by wonlasewonimi: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
0Nobody0:

YouTube will teach you anything you want to learn in life.
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
I agree with you but for newbies its advisable to have a mentor to guide them. so they dont learn blindly without purpose and also to avoid information overload.

wonlasewonimi:

YouTube will teach you anything you want to learn in life.
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by wonlasewonimi: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2018
abdeiz:
I agree with you but for newbies its advisable to have a mentor to guide them. so they dont learn blindly without purpose and also to avoid information overload.

Absolute hogwash! You are the architect of your life, you determine where you want to go. If you are stuck, contact Google. You don't need anyone to hold your hand, that predates the Internet age.
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Ejadike(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2018
abdeiz:
If you are a Digital marketer you should know that you dont need a Certification, just recognition,testimonials and your online presence (either for your agency or personal brand) is enough to get you your daily bread and most likely even more sef.

okay thanks, but is there no IT course I can do that might be related to anything marketing?
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 6:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Search for 'Google Digital Skills', when you are through with the course you'd be issued a certificate

Ejadike:
okay thanks, but is there no IT course I can do that might be related to anything marketing?
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by abdeiz(m): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
A little advice here and there, not to spoon feed you all the way. The bulk of your learning obviously have to be on you. Two heads are better than one, just saying

wonlasewonimi:

Absolute hogwash! You are the architect of your life, you determine where you want to go. If you are stuck, contact Google. You don't need anyone to hold your hand, that predates the Internet age.
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by topysean247: 10:19pm On Jan 31, 2019
I really like to know where you will recommend for a beginner in comptia security plus
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by SKhanmi: 2:13pm On Feb 01, 2019
topysean247:
I really like to know where you will recommend for a beginner in comptia security plus

Check cybrary.it

1 Like

Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by topysean247: 6:13am On Feb 04, 2019
SKhanmi:

Check cybrary.it

Thanks man
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by eshabarot(f): 8:27am On Feb 20, 2019
Cybersecurity’s influence extends to know the source and nature of the threats, infrastructure beyond the network, network policy, cyber threat awareness, threat information sharing, and so forth.

1. Cyber Threat Zones
2. Moving further, let us see how these crimes start with. The different types of cyber attacks.
3. CyberSecurity Frameworks and Policy

Read these points in Details-> Read the Blog - A Beginner's Guide for Cyber Security Newbies

Visit: https://www.mercurysolutions.co/blog/cyber-security-for-beginners
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by eshabarot(f): 6:15am On Feb 21, 2019
topysean247:

CompTIA Security+ is a globally recognized certification that will help you in validating your foundational, vendor-neutral IT security knowledge and skills. This course will make you competent in the domains such as Network Security, Compliance and Operational Security, Threats and Vulnerabilities, Application, Data and Host Security, Access Control and Identity Management and Cryptography.

See the Course Description- https://www.mercurysolutions.co/comptia/comptia-security-plus-certification-training-course
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by eshabarot(f): 6:22am On Feb 21, 2019

DevOps Agile Skills Association [DASA], being a community-driven organization help the participating member organization to define role-based competencies in alignment with the 8 knowledge areas, 4 skill areas, and, the learning curricula.

DASA DevOps Fundamental: The DevOps Fundamentals qualification enables the participants to understand the principles and practices of DevOps and build their DevOps vocabulary. It mainly deals with the DevOps key concepts, terminologies, illustrations, real-life case studies, and, etc., that comes with interactive group discussions and extensive exercises.

DASA DevOps practitioner: DevOps practitioner helps the participants with the core knowledge essential for implementing DevOps. The course will enable the participant to apply the adequate skills in order to practice DevOps through theory, illustrations, exercises, and interactive group discussions.

You can learn DevOps here-> https://www.mercurysolutions.co/dasa-training-certification-courses
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by Cormung: 12:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
It was mentioned here that kubernetes and docker containers' skills are currently in vogue and maybe you guys know where it's possible to find some decent guides on the topic? I am a complete newbie with those containers, but after reading this article I got really interested in those things.
Re: Top 10 IT Certifications In 2019 by ethnosadex: 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2021
Attend the Scrum Master Professional Certification training/ exam scheduled for 8th- 9th, April, 2021 in Ikeja, Lagos. Training and Exam fees is N100,000. Register before 22nd of March, 2021 and get 20% discount.

For Info and Reg contact Ade on 08114861665 or register here -
https:///dyvQCCz

See Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VONa3jOA5KA
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Male Boss Vs Female Boss: Who Is Easier To Work With? / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? / Bennet Omalu Inspired ‘concussion' Hollywood Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.