Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? (27588 Views)

My Senior Colleague Stole My Money In The Office / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money / "I Left My Money & Bag In A Taxi In Kano, The Muslim Driver Returned Them" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Alexxx2000: 11:40am On Jul 12, 2023
Good day, all. I am typing this with a lot of frustration and anger.

I was among the volunteers asked by this NGO (name withheld ) to serve as an ENUMERATOR. They told me it was a paid volunteer. We were trained in data collection using ODK and Kobotoolbox.

As a student, I had planned how I will use this stipend of 20k to provide my basic needs in school because I have no one sponsoring me.

My section does go out to collate these data on Fridays and Saturdays. Now to the issue!

Just yesterday made it a month and I was expecting the money to get foodstuffs and save like 5k for my next school fees. The program director for North Central told me that I am not entitled to a stipend because the role I am working on is just volunteering and not paid.

I was shocked because when I was told and made to sign a term of agreement it was clearly stated that I will receive a 20k monthly stipend. I then asked them to show me the document and I was surprised to see the term of the agreement was uttered.

What should I do nairalanders to get my money or should I continue without pay to get experience as an enumerator for the outside world?

Please Nlfpm.od help me get a wider view. I am in a state of dilemma.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by jackmrandy: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
take a photo copy of the one you signed and show them. they have used you and not ready to pay you

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Sitwalkstand: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
People are evil.

The Nigerian evil spirit is in that man. He was probably given money to pay you guys but greed has made him pocket it and tell you that bullcrap

You have a contract you signed stating 20k will be signed.

I will advise you to just leave. a company not willing to honour their contract may not respond when you use them for reference. They may say they never knew you.

If you will leave, send an email to their head office, explaining what happened in your region. It might shock you that your oga in your regaion has pocketed the money of all under him.

177 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Agbadocassava: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
It’s a volunteering job you’re not expected to be paid but to be compensated in kind or cash… move on dear

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by crossfm: 1:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hehehe.

Some Nigerians are really a disgrace,they bring in scam in everything they do.

On Saturday I bought some items from Abuja on jiji,I negotiated a certain amount with the driver for wa bill. I was called from peace park,on getting there to collect the items,the amount changed.

The store keeper told me that was the amount the driver asked him to collect. I called the driver he is not taking my calls. I later found out it was even a different driver that brought the items.

What played out was that the driver after negotiating with me, took his own cut and zoomed off.

They will make you to start having trust issues,even when you want to buy ordinary pepper. We really need to change our attitude and perspective in life.

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by SweetJoystick(m): 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pele

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Jobiol: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
"sope oti lo"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by specialmati(m): 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2023
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed what a country use the photocopy and sue them if you have

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Xenry: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
OP, deeply inhale, exhale, now shout OTILO, and then forget about the money! 'Cause person wey pass you for power don achieve am! grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by bamvik(m): 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dem don reap you

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
Reading

You are bringing the attention of a whole NL to just 20k matter!

Na so country hard reach?

Reach out to anyone there who can assist you with cash or allowance and then when it's time to pay back , tell them you both didn't sign any documents to that effect.Case closed

Edited with my 📲 : hungry men and Igbos terrorist are quoting me left ,right & center.

Hungry fools living in a face me I slap you apartment characterized by flood and potopoto 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by kemiomobomi: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2023
otilo - grin

but on more serious note - its call Volunteering for a reason. And you are a victim of mis-information. If there is no written agreement, your case lack merit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Rubyjade: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
grin
Always ensure you have an acknowledged copy of any documents to save you from all these. You have just being PLAYED.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by meum: 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hmmm. Someone has collected your 20k and that of others. As long as the document you signed stated you’ll be paid and you noticed they’ve altered the document then the money has been released.
These are the kind of things you document on your phone(take a picture) not unnecessary images & videos.

I understand it’s a volunteer job but if you had an evidence someone would have been exposed and may be your money released.

As for working for experience, what makes you think they will not deny that you worked for them. That one month is enough experience to understand the basics of data collection. Read up about the rest.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Yugoslavia247(m): 1:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
One thing is.

Keep an open mind

Infact keep a better plan if you don't get paid.

Find alternatives.

Then fight. No one will fight for you because of 20k volunteer job.

Even people that signed salary work are owed for months.

Better keep an open mind and find alternatives too.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by paskal16: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hmm
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Onlinefarmstore: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hmm...........I wonder how people make complains without full details except you are hiding something, first you blured out the name of the organisation, which means that the organisation might not even know what's going on.

2. No Name of the location, scanty details.

3. Do you have a copy of the agreement signed? No copy attached to your complains, and finally no mention of if there was any other incentives given.
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by spartachico(m): 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2023
If a lot of companies get the go ahead to not pay contract staffs ,they will gladly embrace it ... sorry sope otilo
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by biggz82: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
If na me I go continue then give them yeye record also try my best to rubbish the one I don do before as the change the agreement I go change the record too.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by stevonics: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
Topic should be; an NGO refused to pay me for my services. Always have a copy of any agreement you sign with any person or organisation.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by NairalandGossip: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Move on since you dont want to mention the name of the NGO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Covid: 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Bro, we need to hear from both sides to know who's telling the truth. You must have signed the documents without reading the terms & condition.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Foodqueen(f): 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2023
Give the name of the organization
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Padipadi(m): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Wait for me
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Puss360(f): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
You work for dem, dem no pay you.. you dey come online to hide the name of the NGO... YOU NEVA READY TO COLLECT YOUR MONEY...

NEXT!!!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by MorataFC: 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hmnn
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Mike008(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Do you have a copy of the agreement?
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by managingpartner(f): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
You too quick to write without reading to understand what he wrote.

Kindly go through that write up again.

quote author=kemiomobomi post=124374234]otilo - grin

but on more serious note - its call Volunteering for a reason. And you are a victim of mis-information. If there is no written agreement, your case lack merit [/quote]
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by money121(m): 1:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ok
Re: Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? by Pootle: 1:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
sue their ass undecided but ensure you hav a copy of the form with a stipend to be paid cool

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bennet Omalu Inspired ‘concussion' Hollywood Movie / "God Bless N-Power" Bike Number Plate Spotted In Zamfara / Can I Cancel My Resignation In A Federal Government Institution?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.