Stats: 3,194,204 members, 7,953,757 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:46 AM

Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje (12369 Views)

Ogun State: Emerging Industrial Hub Of Nigeria (Pictures) / President Buhari Visits Ondo, Commissions Industrial Hub, Flyover (Photos) / Ore: From Theatre Of War To Industrial Hub (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by simplycarro: 6:34am On Dec 06, 2018
Talk is cheap

One of the major reason contributing to the relative success position of Lagos today is the fact that the state is the only state that PDP has not put it leprous fingers on.

PDP is the most hated party in Lagos

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Emma1Oj(m): 6:40am On Dec 06, 2018
Mrakeli:

The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has painted a gloomy picture of the socio-political economy of the state, saying that despite the fact that its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is higher than the combined economy of both Ghana and Kenya, it is still one of the least developed of the mega cities in the world.

Agbaje declared that contrary to what people think, Lagos, which has been the centre of the country’s banking, industry and commerce, has lost its position as the industrial hub of the country to other states of the federation with N7 trillion wasted in the state in the last 20 years.

He told the panel, “The truth is that Lagos is no longer the industrial hub of Nigeria. Lagos is bigger than 11 countries in Africa combined. But the truth is that Lagos is no longer the industrial hub of the country; we have lost that to neighbouring states. It is still the commercial hub, but it is not doing as well as it should. Yes, it is the fifth largest economy in Africa – Lagos economy is bigger than Ghana and Kenya combined. Lagos economy is bigger than 11 African countries combined; but what I‘m saying is that we shouldn’t get carried away with small successes and think we are doing well.

“Lagos is a mega city; for a mega city, it swings around 139 cities in the world in terms of liveability. It is one of the two mega cities in the world that doesn’t have a transport system; in terms of rail, in terms of multi-model integrated system. The state in the last 20 years has spent over N7trillion! You can imagine what that kind of figure is.

“That is why we are asking Lagosians that what have you really got for N7trillion? Is education fantastic? Is health care fantastic? Is traffic good? Is there power? What is good about Lagos?

Agbaje insisted that the last 20 years under the same set of people and government has not been good for the state and the people.

According to him, “We are going to do many things differently. We need to do something for the youth. The youth of today are not properly prepared for the challenges of the 21st century, so we have to get the education right. Education today is about innovation, having entrepreneurial skills, and we are not doing that!

“When you look at the world today, everybody is talking about Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook and the Bill Gates and all that. These are people that succeeded not from university education but from their basic education.

“Now we are not providing that kind of basic education for our own youths, so they are not prepared; the kind of education that pushes them into the creative industry in a way that they can hold their own. You talk about a healthy nation being a wealthy nation; but God forbid that any of us falls ill, but Lagos in the 21st century must have a health system that is sustainable.

“There must be universal accessible and affordable health care. But 20 years after, N7trillion after, we still don’t have that.”

He lamented that the residents spend their time in the traffic because of the poor transportation system.
He disclosed that he had to patronise commercial motorbikes to the airport in order to meet up with his flight.
“That shouldn’t be happening in a Lagos of the 21st century, a Lagos that has spent N7trillion. In the last 20 years,” the PDP candidate said.

On high unemployment rate and the breakdown of social infrastructure in the state, Agbaje stressed that vested interests were responsible for the inability of the Lagos transport and refuse disposal system to run effectively.
“It is the same vested interest that is responsible for the non-completion of the Lagos light rail system. In the PDP you fight for what you want, but in the APC, that option is not there. In APC there is got to be an anointing, but in the PDP you fight for what you want,” he said.

On pre-election debate between him and the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu; Agbaje said, “We are ready for the debate because it is going to be a referendum on their records in the last 20 years. Don’t come and give us promises any longer.

“Lagos is one of the two mega cities in the whole world that doesn’t have a light rail in the whole world, and we have been at it for 12 years, yet it is not near completion.”

Full details at https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/lagos-no-longer-industrial-hub-of.html
Lagos is no longer an industrial hub and still 89% of Nigerian want to be in lagos to hustle? Pls mention the state in nigeria that has more industry both private and govt than lagos. Anyway u can't win in Lagos, that's all I v to tell u.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by tuniski: 6:41am On Dec 06, 2018
KingKingKing:
Agbaje just dey yan dust, stupid man!

Your party was in power for 16good years , with a rise in oil prices how well did you Guys change this country rather you all plundered the country's Commonwealth!

The slogan "Giant of Africa" was rubbished under the 16 years reign of your government!

Agbaje will so lose come next year that even His family will disown him!

PDP can never win Lagos
.Places being ruled by the PDP
Abia.. Abia is a state without vision, a glorified slum and a dump site, no visible infrastructure no governance no good road

Delta: Despite being oil Rich, Delta is the second most backward oil producing state in the whole wide world
Bayelsa: Need i tell you much, Bayelsa is the most backward oil producing state in the world, no development at all!

Ebonyi: Ebonyi is still in the 18th century despite being ruled by PDP from inception!

Taraba: this is a state that doesn't know what civilization is all about

We can never turn our Lagos to this,...

PDP IS A BASTARD..
.ATIKU IS A CRIMINAL.
OBI IS A CON MAN
AGBAJE A FOOL
Pain and hate Written all over! However, the good thing is,you are only hurting yourself!

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by tuniski: 6:45am On Dec 06, 2018
simplycarro:
Talk is cheap

One of the major reason contributing to the relative success position of Lagos today is the fact that the state is the only state that PDP has not put it leprous fingers on.

Be deceiving yourself. Lagos is Lagos irrespective of governing party. Afterall, since amalgamation Lagos has always been the top city in nigeria as a Coastal state and commercial nerve centre. It has nothing to do with Tinubu/apc who are just at best opportunists!

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 06, 2018
GoTV:
sad This one just dey talk rubbish since.
Prove to us, that what he has said is Rubbish

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 06, 2018
TheGreenLand:
So says ....... customer daada grin cheesy grin
Oboy make una sign me I'm too good
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 06, 2018
Hizzy:

Oboy make una sign me I'm too good
Let me listen to......
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Afamed: 6:54am On Dec 06, 2018
Niorte:
Nice one! This is called Issue-based campaign

For those who have been begging JK to speak up and campaign

JK has finally launched....Sanwo-Tinubu has gone to hiding place.
Ask Agbaje to account for the pharmaceutical company he inherited from his dad first.?
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 06, 2018
TheGreenLand:

Let me listen to......
Add me oh What's apppp
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 06, 2018
Hizzy:

Add me oh What's apppp
090****
So sorry, not on watsapp... quickly take down ur number pls.
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2018
TheGreenLand:

So sorry, not in watsapp... quickly take down ur number pls.
How will you listen to my tracks
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 06, 2018
Hizzy:

How will you listen to my tracks
send a link here... website or YouTube ,
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by MarianaTrench: 7:00am On Dec 06, 2018
If Lagos is no longer the industrial hub of Nigeria then tell us which state is the new industrial hub
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 06, 2018
BlackPantherxXx:
Lagos needs more flatheaded fan yogo hawkers to develop the place PLUS more of their sisters who constitute 90% of the brothel population in Nigeria

Yes, Silly! All non-Yorubas in Lagos will vote Agbaje this time - urhobos, itsekiris, tiv, idoma, ikwere, anang, ibibio, efik, kwale, ijaw, isoko,, ogoja, ebi, igbira etc plus the few reasonable, non-tribal blinded Yorubas like you.

We will free Lagos finally from colonialism from the self-imposed Governor General of SW Lord Bola Lugard Tinibu.

You will soon go into hiding and shut your gutter mouth forever.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2018
justfash50:
He has some point layed out though, but it is not about abstraction on media, rather it is about grounded actions that SANWO EKO is bringing on board.

Sanwo EKO has been there and still on ground in bringing Lagos challenges to actualization.

The strategic planning and implementation plans articulated are what is keeping Lagos standing today, which SANWO EKO has been part of from the onset.

Just kidding thinks lagosians are carried away by talking about issues without proffering solutions well planned out to address inherent challenges that may come up during implementation. Well what does he know , than just kidding all the time.

Vote SANWO -OLU for progress and development of Lagos state.

Yes, Silly! All non-Yorubas in Lagos will vote Agbaje this time - urhobos, itsekiris, tiv, idoma, ikwere, anang, ibibio, efik, kwale, ijaw, isoko,, ogoja, ebi, igbira etc plus the few reasonable, non-tribal blinded Yorubas like you.

We will free Lagos finally from colonialism from the self-imposed Governor General of SW Lord Bola Lugard Tinibu.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 06, 2018
TheGreenLand:
So says ....... customer daada grin cheesy grin

Tribalistic puny minded boy using self-deceptive moniker, LandisGreen. Change it to TinwaTinwaTribalisticidiot.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2018
Okay, is that all write pal ?
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Jamestown123: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2018
GoTV:
sad This one just dey talk rubbish since.
Point one rubbish wey him talk there now. Lazy youth

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by anonymous96: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2018
I'll keep saying it.Lagosians compare Lagos to other states in shithole Nigeria and think they have arrived.When in fact Lagos is a mess considering the Revenue they generate monthly. Imagine comparing Nigeria to shithole West Africa and thinking 'cool u are better than Shithole Niger,Chad and Togo.. I weep 4 Nigeria...
D man may not win but he is saying the truth

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2018
simplycarro:
Talk is cheap

No, get your facts right. Lagos was developed by Nigeria with South South oil money as FCT, just as Abuja is enjoying today - regardless of party.

Didn't your regional parties -AD to ACN rule other SW states? Why do you all claim Lagos and development when it was by the grace of the FG, which in turn attracted population and FDI? Why not boast about Osun, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo etc? Are they not in the same SW? Are they not siblings? What was the difference? FG presence and advantage as FCT for 40 years with SS oil money.

Tomorrow now, Abuja people will start claiming their region is developed, forgetting it was developed by the whole Nigeria with SS oil money especially.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by spiritedtete: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2018
KingKingKing:

Your party was in power for 16good years , with a rise in oil prices how well did you Guys change this country rather you all plundered the country's Commonwealth!

The slogan "Giant of Africa" was rubbished under the 16 years reign of your government!

PDP can never win Lagos
Abia.. Abia is a state without vision, a glorified slum and a dump site, no visible infrastructure no governance no good road

Delta: Despite being oil Rich, Delta is the second most backward oil producing state in the whole wide world
Bayelsa: Need i tell you much, Bayelsa is the most backward oil producing state in the world, no development at all!

Ebonyi: Ebonyi is still in the 18th century despite being ruled by PDP from inception!

PDP IS A BASTARD..
.ATIKU IS A CRIMINAL.
OBI IS A CON MAN
AGBAJE A FOOL

Wow... I thought was the only one with this fact... Taraba really need to grow from the cave world.
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2018
KingKingKing:

PDP can never win Lagos

PDP IS A BASTARD..
.ATIKU IS A CRIMINAL.
OBI IS A CON MAN
AGBAJE A FOOL

So tell us about Osun, Oyo, Ogun that your tribal parties, AD and ACN ruled? Why are you all obsessed about Lagos which was FG property and developed by SS oil money for 40 years?
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by justfash50: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2018
WritePal:

I won't bother dignifying you with a reply.

YOU WILL come and eat your vomit come next year when SANWO EKO is sworn in as Lagos state GOVERNOR.

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by justfash50: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2018
WritePal:

So tell us about Osun, Oyo, Ogun that your tribal parties, AD and ACN ruled? Why are you all obsessed about Lagos which was FG property and developed by SS oil money for 40 years?

It is obvious you are suffering from political indoctrination[b][/b]
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by KingKingKing: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2018
WritePal:

Ogun alone is ten times richer than where u come from
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by afroniger: 8:04am On Dec 06, 2018
Agbaje needs to fire his handlers because they are not up to date at all.

Lagos overtakes Ogun in new manufacturing investments

https://www.businessdayonline.com/exclusives/article/lagos-overtakes-ogun-new-manufacturing-investments/

Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 06, 2018
TheGreenLand:

Let me listen to......
I just Recorded it last week
I'm looking forward to upload it on naijaloaded
But there is no cash yet
Meaning there's no link yet
Re: Lagos No Longer Industrial Hub Of Nigeria - Agbaje by olushollys(m): 8:15am On Dec 06, 2018
I am a fan of Jimmy Agbaje and reading with open mind but mentioning PDP spoilt it. If he had mentioned or belong to another party I would have been part of his project but PDP nmba! APC too seems same but talking Lagos I can agree they are better over the years maybe the person of agbaje could out perform previous apc gov34nors but pdp is a NoNo

Terrorism: Criminals Buy Dollars From BDCs To Import Arms – Emiefele / Ekwunife May Replace Obiano Over Alleged Double Registration / President Buhari Delivers First Eid-el-kabir Message

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57