Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Will God Really Help Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God Really Help Me? (400 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / Why Will God Sacrifice His Only Son When He Can Simply Do This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will God Really Help Me? by bossto(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
I had to ask this question because it seems God doesn't care at all... I have so many problems that I won't wish my worst enemy and they have affected me academically.

I'm so depressed that I wish myself death at times. I always think about any little/unnecessary things, I lack confidence.

This started about 10 years ago when I realized that I had a mother tongue (which is not supposed to be a problem actually) and this made me too shy to talk in public especially.

The mother tongue is: using L and N interchangeably sometimes, but later on I was able to rectify it( that is,being able to differentiate them)....Actually I don't know how this developed into a big problem... it may sound funny but it has caused me much depression,thinking it might not just be a mother tongue.

The worst is that I masturbate and my heart is always beating fast(I think I'm sick ). I have masturbated for about 10 years as well.My life is far from being okay.Depression is killing me and I always think that God will not help me because I'm not righteous.

And other problems!!!
Re: Will God Really Help Me? by HappyPagan: 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
Who said you are not righteous? What makes you feel so bad?

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Help Me? by veneza(f): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
bossto:
I had to ask this question because it seems God doesn't care at all... I have so many problems that I won't wish my worst enemy and they have affected me academically.

I'm so depressed that I wish myself death at times. I always think about any little/unnecessary things, I lack confidence.

This started about 10 years ago when I realized that I had a mother tongue (which is not supposed to be a problem actually) and this made me too shy to talk in public especially.

The mother tongue is: using L and N interchangeably sometimes, but later on I was able to rectify it( that is,being able to differentiate them)....Actually I don't know how this developed into a big problem... it may sound funny but it has caused me much depression,thinking it might not just be a mother tongue.

The worst is that I masturbate and my heart is always beating fast(I think I'm sick ). I have masturbated for about 10 years as well.My life is far from being okay.Depression is killing me and I always think that God will not help me because I'm not righteous.

And other problems!!!

Satan is using your situation to hold you down and if you give him chance he will destroy you completely.
way out ; seek for the face and come with a genuine heart of repentance, If not that Satan will continue to torture you

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Help Me? by Uyi168: 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
These are not issues IMO, except there are parts u are not telling..
Most guys out there masturbate..

1 Like

Re: Will God Really Help Me? by Ihedinobi3: 8:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hi. I'm a Christian, a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ according to the Bible.

I assume that you are a Christian too, but it is possible that you are not so please correct me if I am wrong.

Life is hard for everyone no matter who they are but it is particularly hard for Christians and generally hardest for those who are committed to the Truth of Jesus Christ. I say this to help you come to appreciate that you are not alone in pain. Everyone hurts. It may not be very comforting to realize that but at least it helps you know that yours is not a unique case and if others are coping somehow, then perhaps you can too.

If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus, then you have access to the greatest and most effective comfort a human being could hope to have in the pains and travails of this life and that is God's Own Peace, the Peace that the Lord Jesus Christ gave to everyone who chooses to follow Him (John 14:27).

All you need to do to take advantage of that Peace is this:

Philippians 4:6-7 NASB
[6]Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
[7]And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

When we pray, we hand over to the Lord the things that trouble us and trust Him to handle them in the perfect way. We are never certain what He may do about them but we KNOW that He loves us more than we can comprehend love and He is greater than the whole universe. That means that if anything is good for us, He will not withhold it from us and there is nothing that can stop Him from giving it to us.

But we do not often see what He sees or know what He knows. In fact, we almost never do. But His goodness to us in times past should always tell us that we can trust Him completely no matter what. So, we should never assume that He is failing us or loving us less when things don't go as we want them to. He is working ALL THINGS together for good to those who love Him (Romans 8:28). That means that even unpleasant things are worked into His Perfect Plan for us.

Please be encouraged by this. Know that the God Who loved you so much that He gave His One and Only Son to a Spiritual Death beyond human comprehension in order to pardon us and save us from Eternal Condemnation cannot now just ignore you and cease to care for you. He cares more deeply for you than anyone knows how to care for anything.

As for your struggle with sin, we all do (James 3:2). Not that it is how we should be, no. We ought to continue to resist sin even if we have to do so "unto blood" (Hebrews 12:4). But we are clothed with sinful flesh for now (Romans 7:17), so we all sin sometimes. In order to increasingly cease from sin, we must not only be doing our best to oppose our own sinful flesh by actively breaking sinful patterns (e.g., one may stop watching music videos if they start one thinking about sex and eventually ending up committing more overt sins) but we must also make it a strong priority to commit ourselves to the Truth, that is, to reading our Bibles and diligently following correct and in-depth Bible teaching that helps us transform the way we think in our hearts and thus change our attitudes and actions more permanently to be more pleasing to the Lord. We are only truly changed from the inside out, not from the outside in. So, while it is a good thing that you are zealous to please God in your sexual behavior, know that you can only do so by learning to think like He does about it and you can only do so by diligently studying Bible teaching that is actually true to what the Bible says, not teachings that distort the Bible for self-aggrandizing purposes.

I suggest https://ichthys.com as a source for such teachings. You may also look up www.bibleacademyonline.com as an alternative. And here on Nairaland, on my profile, you will find two threads where I try to provide some Bible teaching to help other believers like yourself so that they too can grow to become able to control their bodies in a manner that pleases the Lord in addition to fulfilling their own ministries to the Lord.

As for the embarrassing aspect of speech that you contended with and any other such concerns you may have, please remember that

1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NASB
[26]For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble;
[27]but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
[28]and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are,
[29]so that no man may boast before God.
[30]But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,
[31]so that, just as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

And

Philippians 3:4-7 NASB
[4]although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more:
[5]circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee;
[6]as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.
[7]But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.

And

Exodus 4:10 NASB
[10]Then Moses said to the Lord, "Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue."

As well as

Numbers 12:3 NASB
[3](Now the man Moses was very humble, more than any man who was on the face of the earth.)

You have nothing to worry about if the Lord is pleased with you. Many things that embarrass us in this life are passing away. We have such a short time here on earth to fight for the greatest rewards of eternity. After that, all the sorrows and tears of this life will pass away and joy and peace and perfection will be ours for all eternity. Whatever seems like such a big deal to you right now is really not that important. What really matters is that the Lord God knows you to be one of His. Rejoice in that (Luke 10:20). It is an enormous blessing that God rejoices in you. This world's jeers and sneers will all amount to nothing in the end so don't let such things as you spoke of tell you how to define yourself. One really is only whatever God says that they are.

Please be at peace, friend. God loves you far more than you can begin to imagine. And He has promised to never leave you or forsake you. I will say a prayer for you over here.

The Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ remain with you.

2 Likes

Re: Will God Really Help Me? by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Feb 02
bossto:
I had to ask this question because it seems God doesn't care at all... I have so many problems that I won't wish my worst enemy and they have affected me academically. I'm so depressed that I wish myself death at times. I always think about any little/unnecessary things, I lack confidence. This started about 10 years ago when I realized that I had a mother tongue (which is not supposed to be a problem actually) and this made me too shy to talk in public especially. The mother tongue is: using L and N interchangeably sometimes, but later on I was able to rectify it( that is,being able to differentiate them)....Actually I don't know how this developed into a big problem... it may sound funny but it has caused me much depression,thinking it might not just be a mother tongue.
The worst is that I masturbate and my heart is always beating fast(I think I'm sick ). I have masturbated for about 10 years as well.My life is far from being okay.Depression is killing me and I always think that God will not help me because I'm not righteous. And other problems!!!
1. No clue what you mean by a mother-tongue problem there and don't see how such a thing can cause depression. However, your issue with masturbation is a problem that stems from a lack of sexual discipline and self-control on your part. You have to train yourself to learn over time; there is no magical way around that. And don't pay any mind to the religious nutjobs who swear that God somehow made them acquire that overnight. It never happens. If God could do that, then God would equally cause people to stop sinning overnight but that never happens either. undecided

As for your heat beating fast, that is probably an issue to talk over with your doctors as there are many reasons why one would have such palpitations issues. It could be anxiety/fear or panic-induced, or it could be due to some underlying health problems. Seek the advice of your doctors.

As for God's help, well, the deal is we are all generally divided into two groups — the Righteous and the Unrighteous.
▦ The Righteous are individuals who have not only attained holiness by following strictly God's standard but also been approved righteous by Him. They are those who enjoy God's undivided attention for their existence and lives. God answers all of their prayers and seeks and orders their very steps in His Name.
▦ The Unrighteous consists of all who don't believe at all in God, and all those who claim to believe in Him yet are not even holy. These people do not have God's undivided attention but God pours out His mercy on them daily as He sees fit. God does not answer any of their prayers but He does reveal His kindness to them from time to time.

So, as long as you are not God Righteous— it is all up to you, mind you—, you are on your own and there is nothing wrong with you seeking to help yourself as much as you can until maybe such a time when God in His infinite kindness decides to visit you with a miracle in that area you need help in. lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

The Best And Most Effective Way To Stop Masturbation. According To Jesus. / Actor Anthony Hopkins Turns From Alcoholism & Atheism, Becomes A Christian / Open Heaven 9 February 2019 Prayer Points On Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.