Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:43 AM

Low Self-esteem And Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Low Self-esteem And Depression (289 Views)

Self Esteem And How To Build It Up / How Do I Rebuild My Damaged Self Esteem / I Look Older Than My Age And It Is Really Affecting My Self Esteem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Low Self-esteem And Depression by Chuksteric(m): 7:08pm On Dec 06, 2018
The world can be very intimidating as everything about the life of others can sometimes make us think less of ourselves.

Almost everyone has something that they are ashamed of. It ranges from their background, their weight, disability, wealth, intelligence, their skin and even down to the way they speak. With the advent of social media, it has reached the top echelon as people are on a daily basis being intimidated because of what they see. The lives of people are being portrayed to be perfect as the people post pictures in luxurious places with all the good things of life and this makes people go into depression.

When people are depressed it becomes very worrisome as they feel very useless and waste useful energy thinking. Some people go into the use of drugs to ease their pain. The truth that people do not know, is that behind the perfect lives they see, there are imperfections that they struggle with everyday.

Depression is real and has eaten deep into the lives of people. I had a sickler who was always depressed and I showed her another who was living her best life. Despite our imperfections, we can always make the best out of everything. Do not be deceived by what you see on the gram! They are fake. Use every useful time and energy to build and develop you. Do not make unnecessary comparisons as we all have different lives. A wise man once told me "follow your lane, Na only your motor go know " .
source https://thestericadventure..com/2018/12/low-self-esteem-and-depression.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Superfoods That Keeps Your Body Healthy / Treat Your Quick Ejaculation / Day 3 Of Lagos Medical Outreach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.