Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Who Wrote The Bible? ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Wrote The Bible? ? (980 Views)

Who Wrote The New Testament ? / Who Wrote The New Testament? / "It Doesn't Matter Who Wrote The Bible" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2010
All i need is facts and candid answers.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2010
All i got is 'according to this according to that'
what heck is wrong in these people believing in books with unknown writers. I think this book should be tag"fictious-myth'.
But i fancy songs of solomon, the writer must be a p.o.r.n direction/actor.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by ogundokun: 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2010
undecided na wha oo, oo human being with their thinking.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
answer: jobless men grin lipsrsealed
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2010
You have a problem with the human gift of the "art" of thinking?
ogundokun:

undecided na wha oo, oo human being with their thinking.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by karo93: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
the books of the bible were written by those who you already know as the authors but these books were put together selected and edited by the catholic church to become the "bible'!

you already know this!

if it is about the authenticity of the bible then come out more openly and make your points known.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 01, 2010
Wao thats my karo with her response. Only that its been a while u showed up.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by ugo2u(m): 2:28am On Aug 01, 2010
@Rhino

Who wrote the bible? hmm, Nice question. I think you should ask is " Who inspired the writing of the Bible" and the answer is the Holy Spirit.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 6:06am On Aug 01, 2010
^ hey man. All i asked is just a simple question and may be you didnt get it right" WHO WROTE THE BIBLE ? ?",Not INSPIRED. Do you have problem with using your brain, well i dont.
Ok. was it that some people sat down to AGREED on which book should be inluded or not? What was thier criteria of selection? Do some people bribe thier way through the process to included I know for sure if james hardley was to be a life then "VULTURE IS A PATIENT BIRD" would have ascribe to the 'gospel of mark' or robert green "48 laws of power', we would be having '58 laws of moses', i bet this guys are for more intelligent than those second garde with IQ of 60 that wrote that crap!
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 6:26am On Aug 01, 2010
The cow.ard emperor constantine knows fully well that there is no limit to delusion to compile that worthless crap. What if some nutjob fake i.diot like jimmy jones was also 'INSPIRED' by that blood- thirsty muderous whack god of jews. comic books from faceless character.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Ikemsinachi(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2010
Guy so it has gone as far as blasphaming the words of God? U better think twice before a great tragedy befalls on you. Go and amend ur ways. Tganks
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 11:24am On Aug 01, 2010
^ answer the sinple question and quit blabbin.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by nopuqeater: 11:39am On Aug 01, 2010
@ogundokun: « #2 on: Yesterday at 10:34:11 PM »
Undecided na wha oo, oo human being with their thinking.
If I say that I do not believe in Ogun, hence am not its worshipper. I will not allow my any of my name to be "Ogun", for real. Have you heard an Ogun worshipper says his name is Paul or Jesus? The thinking of the OP man is correct. He simply ask a direct, and straight forward to know its direction question. You cant even try to answer it. why comment instead of answer? If I were a christian I will answer that human wrote it. Then if I want to add anything, it will appropriate to.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by wirinet(m): 1:09pm On Aug 01, 2010
It depends of what you mean by bible? If what you mean the the 66 or so books that make up the Christian Bible, then it was the Roman Catholic Church under the guidance of Constantine. They got together ancient religious writings from the near east, especially ancient is real and added together some the emerging popular beliefs (said to be writings and letters of the leaders of the new religion). Then everything is labeled word of God and so infallible.

Now if you been the books themselves, then it is a different matter altogether. The old testaments were said to be written by @Prophets" , it is just that the word prophets had changed meaning over the centuries. Prophets then most probably meant Poets or writers engaged by powerful people, most likely kings, to write poems, stories, songs and biographies for them, their families and their gods.The leading characters in these writings were obviously the people, families and gods of the people that commissioned the poets. Sometimes the prophets himself or prophetess becomes rich and powerful and therefore writes for and about himself.

As writing then was a very very expensive venture, very few people could have their stories written. These writings became a treasure for the owners. Over the years, long after the death of the person written about, the stories become part of the folklore and they take a life of their own. Later the story would need to be rewritten or copied, and a different prophet would be employed to copy it by hand and maybe modify, edit or upgrade the story to fit in the new employer.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 2:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
^ i see, , so this piece of trash.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by smallman1: 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2010
2 Timothy 3 verses 16 and 17. clearly shows that God is the author of the bible. and he inspired men to put the contents down in writing. also 1 peter 3 verses 20 and 21.

luv,
small man.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by ugo2u(m): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2010
guys guys, the guy is simply "too smart" for us christians, no need to pay heed to him anymore since its a waste of God's precious time given to us. though I feel sorry for him though. sad simply sad
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 01, 2010
small man:

2 Timothy 3 verses 16 and 17. clearly shows that God is the author of the bible. and he inspired men to put the contents down in writing. also 1 peter 3 verses 20 and 21.

luv,
small man.

which kind God? abeg no dey yarn this kind thing for here, na jobless homeboys wey don smoke enough weed na dem arrange that book wey wunna dey use form efizee for each other! cool
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by meyri: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
Man. Inspired by God. Like a secretary who types letters for her boss.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by manmustwac(m): 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2010
meyri:

Man. Inspired by God. Like a secretary who types letters for her boss.
So God inspired man to write a book full of contradictions?
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by tunfeek: 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
So God inspired man to write a book full of contradictions? whao this is another topic for discussion
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 11:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^^ i equally think that the next version should have the book of contradictions? i.e from "GENESIS TO CONTRADITIONS" instead of "GENESIS TO REVELATIONS"
hua hua lu lu lu kiki, I laugh in swahilli.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Rhino3dm: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2010
I remembered robbie williams's "Bodies",
" jesus didnt die for you so what you are on, oh yeah, " "bodies in the cemetry and thats way its gonna be, "

How can your god be architect of confusion and contractions, ?

This goon god of jews should be tried under international law for war crimes and terrorism
i.e genocide, mass murder,homicide.

I tire for terrorist-god oh. Even osama bin laden
no fit stand am, Jus like dat ooo him say go and killed every body in a town, old ones, children, women. But stu.pid jew-god say they should reserve the vir.gins can you imagine this,

'the pathetic knows the importance of Virgins like a suicide bomber' I wonder which method for vir.ginity test they used.
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:21am On Aug 03, 2010
King James wrote the bible, grin
Re: Who Wrote The Bible? ? by nopuqeater: 9:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
WHat about the one just discovered in Palestine? Please Youtube: "An Old Bible found in Palestine confirms the Quran story true- Islam is right about Essa (PBUH)"

(1) (Reply)

Strange : Watch All 11 Minutes Of This Video Clip And Provide Feedback / The Power To Get Wealth. / Is Mercy Killing A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.