Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

Point And Kill, The New Extortion Racket Of The Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Point And Kill, The New Extortion Racket Of The Police (355 Views)

How CBN's CRR Policy Will Kill The Economy - Akin Oyebode / Nicholas Ibekwe: IPOB Has Begun A Protection Racket In Orlu / Samuel Ortom: 'Fulani Herdsmen Are Planning To Kidnap And Kill Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Point And Kill, The New Extortion Racket Of The Police by KwaraRat: 8:14am On Dec 07, 2018
You will get a call from a real police officer "inviting" you to come down to the station to clarify certain issues. The police officer will assure that it is nothing serious that they need your assistance in solving a criminal case. The officer will sound so civil and gentle and it will appear as if he is pleading with you for help. Any request from you about the case at hand will be brushed off by same officer staying that it is nothing serious that your help is required in their current investigation .

If you are naive to fall for his soft persuasion and decide to honor the said invitation and to report to the police station(usually State CID) nah there your problem begin.

The gentle officer you spoke with on the phone will bring out a suspect in an armed robbery case who will identify you as a collaborator, informant, fencer or armourer to his gang.

This is the latest racket SARS is using to extort people. They will target you in bars, clubs or wherever and if they see you are game enough they will get your details and from there begin their extortion racket.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Politicians! I Have Something Here! / 2019: Atiku’s Running Mate, Peter Obi’s Bank Accounts Frozen / APC In A Confused State Over Amosun, Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.