Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo (9305 Views)

I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu / JUST IN!!! Biafra Is More Ijaw, Ibibio, Oron, Ogoni Etc Than Igbo – Asari Dokubo / Biafra Is More Ijaw, Ibibio,oron Etc Than Igbo....asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara: stop telling lies igbos are less than 10% of lagos.  Even if go to the school school, this is how you know.
Nchara: Igbos are traders, because they own shop that why they look conspicious then bendle people.

You can go online and look for any school in lagos, with the list of Old boys. You would find out Yorubas are over  of the population of lagos and followed by the Bendle people.

If you dont believe me go to any school.

Even in Ajegunle all of the school have more Yorubas. I dare any Newspapers to confirm this story.

Even apart from Ifelodun and Ojo local govt, the other local govt have few Igbos. Igbo tend to live around the same area, and it is in this two local govt.

So even if Fashola has to consider any position at the moment, He has to give to bendle people because he gave the last one to Igbo people. The problem they have is, they have too many ethnics group, isoko,kwale, Uhrobo etc. Stop telling lies.

You can even go on facebook and confirm this. Even in Ajegunle. Bendle people are more than Igbo people. So where did you get the numbers.  Yorubas people is the largest ethnics group even in ajegunle.

80%  of Igbo  children born in lagos DO NOT speak yorubas as thier first languages.     compare that to

100%  of Uhrobo, isoko ,edo etc children born in lagos WHO SPEAK yorubas as thier first languages.

the igbo children who dare to speak yoruba among where you find igbo, are insult and they tell them, they want to be Igbati, Igbati people(Yoruba).

Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nchara: 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nchara: stop telling lies igbos are less than 10% of lagos.  Even if go to the school school, this is how you know.
Nchara: Igbos are traders, because they own shop that why they look conspicious then bendle people.

[s]You can go online and look for any school in lagos, with the list of Old boys. You would find out Yorubas are over 75% of the population of lagos and followed by the Bendle people.

If you dont believe me go to any school.

Even in Ajegunle all of the school have more Yorubas. I dare any Newspapers to confirm this story.

Even apart from Ifelodun and Ojo local govt, the other local govt have few Igbos. Igbo tend to live around the same area, and it is in this two local govt.

So even if Fashola has to consider any position at the moment, He has to give to bendle people because he gave the last one to Igbo people. The problem they have is, they have too many ethnics group, isoko,kwale, Uhrobo etc. Stop telling lies.[/s]

Bendel is not more than 3-4 million in totality (home and abroad). Igbo in Lagos is at least 10 million=50%
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2010
Igbos use to live in lagos before the creation of Abuja. Even el rufia said so, the igbos moved in mostly to abuja. You would be shock by the number of igbos in abuja. most of them use to live in lagos.

Even the last time I came to lagos, i was asking people what happen to igbos in lagos, where did they go. I was told they all moved to abuja.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
Here is one example from Tolu , olodi apapa.  You can go through the list of the old student.

Bendle are more than Igbos in lagos. They just have too many ethnics group.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91058524982

Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 11:50pm On Jul 31, 2010
becomrich3:

Igbos use to live in lagos before the creation of Abuja. Even el rufia said so, the igbos moved in mostly to abuja. You would be shock by the number of igbos in abuja. most of them use to live in lagos.

Even the last time I came to lagos, i was asking people what happen to igbos in lagos, where did they go. I was told they all moved to abuja.

you are lying about lagos. I just came back from lagos last year,january and i swear i heard igbo being spoken at almost the same rate as yoruba and in sum places i heard more igbo. STOP LYING!. however you are correct that there are alot of igbos in abj. tho but they all did not move there from lagos.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by tpiah: 11:52pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^if you're igbo then of course you'll only hang out in areas with a high concentration of igbos.

so quit assuming things.

that's like someone going to houston or new york and saying only nigerians live there.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 11:58pm On Jul 31, 2010
That why I provide  you link to see old student. the truth hurt. Go to facebook and research it.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2010
tpiah:

^^if you're igbo then of course you'll only hang out in areas with a high concentration of igbos.

so quit assuming things.

that's like someone going to houston or new york and saying only nigerians live there.

Anybody who enters lagos who can differentiate the to languages will notice that so what are you talking about? and explain to me what is meant by me assuming when I was actually there in the mist? Don't use words that you dont know the whole meaning of, "Assume". funny
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:00am On Aug 01, 2010
becomrich3:

That why I provide  you link to see old student. the truth hurt. Go to facebook and research it.

so i guess your facebook page is a real and accurate platform for statistical research?
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 01, 2010
chyz:

you are lying about lagos. I just came back from lagos last year,january and i swear i heard igbo being spoken at almost the same rate as yoruba and in sum places i heard more igbo. STOP LYING!. however you are correct that there are alot of igbos in abj. tho but they all did not move there from lagos.
and where is the truth in what you just wrote. . . .have you ever seen lagos conductors calling their passengers in ibo language ? where did you go that you see most residents speaking ibo than yoruba ? Lwkmd
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:08am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

and where is the truth in what you just wrote. . . .have you ever seen lagos conductors calling their passengers in ibo language ? where did you go that you see most residents speaking ibo than yoruba ? Lwkmd

Its like the more i discuss with you the dumber you get. Bus Conductors?? Are you serious?Bad example.anyways i guess yorubas are the only ones that can speak yorubas just like no fulani can speak hausa just hausas speak hausa smh. and where did i say "residents". tighten up
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 01, 2010
Can you imagine, How is it a bad example?
The point of contact to assess spoken language in lagos is mostly in the markets and at motorparks because of the large amount of people that patronise this system daily.how can you pick a resident to judge a population of 15 million people.are people so dumb '?
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nchara: 12:23am On Aug 01, 2010
Half of Unilag students are Igbo students. Many Igbo profs there too. Same for Lasu (state university) and Yabatech. Then more half the traders and business men are Igbo. That makes it more than 50%. Chikena. Fasola is smart and use the Igbo population well.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by rhymz(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2010
Becomerich
when exactly did you lose your mind?
Which ppl in Nigeria are bendle?
And where did you get that crazy stats of yoruba ppl being more than 75% of the people in Lagos?
Like my African-american brothers would say: "dude is you crazy?"
Anyway, only a joker and a new comer will take you seriously on issues. I forget you want yoruba, edo and co to move to benin republic, right. . .geeez!! Sick kid!
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:25am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Can you imagine, How is it a bad example?
The point of contact to assess spoken language in lagos is  mostly in the markets and at motorparks because of the large amount of people that patronise this system daily.how can you pick a resident to judge a population of 15 million people.are people so dumb '?

Plz go back and modify what you just wrote before i embarrass you on this forum. Your logic and what you just typed makes no sense at all. im going to give you the reasonable doubt that you made minor mistake but go back and read what you have typed.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by sjeezy8: 12:28am On Aug 01, 2010
All I know is in Lagos the only people speak their native language amongst eachother But urhobo, ijaws, igbos fulanis-hausas, calabar people all speak yoruba for the most part.

Even in the BBC welcome to Lagos- the man the lived in the river was from the Niger delta and was speaking yoruba married yorubas like noooo tomorrow, or even the igbo guy who was speaking yoruba to his wife.

which would let one know Aside from english yoruba is the second largest language.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

Half of Unilag students are Igbo students. Many Igbo profs there too. Same for Lasu (state university) and Yabatech. Then more half the traders and business men are Igbo. That makes it more than 50%. Chikena. Fasola is smart and use the Igbo population well.
will you google this too for  a reliable source because your matter dey tire me
chyz:

Plz go back and modify what you just wrote before i embarrass you on this forum. Your logic and what you just typed makes no sense at all. im going to give you the reasonable doubt that you made minor mistake but go back and read what you have typed.
modify what ? Most of those people are yoruba or what are you pointing out ? By the way,how many people did you make contact with to arrive that more people speak ibo than yoruba ? Dont mention ajegunle,please
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:32am On Aug 01, 2010
sjeezy8:

All I know is in Lagos the only people speak their native language amongst eachother But urhobo, ijaws, igbos fulanis-hausas, calabar people all speak yoruba for the most part.

Even in the BBC welcome to Lagos- the man the lived in the river was from the Niger delta and was speaking yoruba married yorubas like noooo tomorrow, or even the igbo guy who was speaking yoruba to his wife.

which would let one know Aside from english yoruba is the second largest language.

Good. Now tell your brother bluetooth that Yorubas arent the only ones that speak Yoruba in lagos
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nchara: 12:33am On Aug 01, 2010
Igbo lecturer (just one among many.

http://www.unilag.edu.ng/index.php?page=about_staffdirectory2&username=7944

Prof Acholonu and the brother of Alex Ekwueme and many more are/were unilag profs.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:34am On Aug 01, 2010
~Bluetooth:

will you google this too for  a reliable source because your matter dey tire memodify what ? Most of those people are yoruba or what are you pointing out ? By the way,how many people did you make contact with to arrive that more people speak ibo than yoruba ? Dont mention ajegunle,please

Where did you school at?? lol. what is with this kind of illiteracy? where in the heck did i say that "more people in lagos speak Igbo than Yoruba"? smh funny
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nchara: 12:35am On Aug 01, 2010
Igbo language is even taught at Unilag. Who are the students there?
http://www.unilag.edu.ng/index.php?page=about_departmentdetail&sno=1
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by sjeezy8: 12:38am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara:

Igbo language is even taught at Unilag. Who are the students there?
http://www.unilag.edu.ng/index.php?page=about_departmentdetail&sno=1

we know theres igbo people in lagos duh-
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 01, 2010
chyz:

Good. Now tell your brother bluetooth that Yorubas arent the only ones that speak Yoruba in lagos
does speaking yoruba language more than a yoruba man qualifies you as a yoruba indigene ? NO !!!
i grow up in lagos and i can distinguish when a non-yoruba speak.i'm telling you the best way of contact to properly analyse not going to a couple of blocks of flat to arrive at a general conclusion in a population of 15 million people.ibo are scattered in lagos,hausa are more organised
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by ezeagu(m): 12:39am On Aug 01, 2010
Around 35% of Lagos would be of Igbo descent
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by Nchara: 12:41am On Aug 01, 2010
Language Application Workshop: Professional Translation/Interpretation

MODULE 201: INTRODUCTION TO LIAISON , COMMUNITY AND RELIGIOUS  INTERPRETING

FOR WHOM:   All intending and practising community  and religious translators/ interpreters in local and foreign languages , bilinguals , secretaries, language teachers, faith workers, public enlightenment and mass media workers, communicators, community and local government personnel, social workers, protocol officers, airport and border -post personnel,  police, state security, customs, immigration, etc.

DATE:       24-27 August , 2010

VENUE:    University of Lagos Conference Centre,  Akoka

FEE:         N25, 000  

(Non-residential)

Registration deadline; 30th July, 2010

Non-residential but accommodation to be arranged for intending residential participants at cost depending on type of accommodation required and early request.

REGISTRATION:             All enquiries at First City Translators, Onafeko House: 200, Igbosere Road, Lagos. Contact Shola: 08036993737, 01-8951020 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              01-8951020      end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Ronke: 08024290928, Ebele: 08023195603, 08056011905 or Coordinator: 08033138510, 08024665993. Online registration  encouraged. Email: fcttranslators@yahoo.com; interlingualimited@yahoo.com All cheques payable to First City Translators , A/C No. 0207001000006025, Intercontinental Bank, University of Lagos Branch, Lagos.

FACULTY (includes) : University of Lagos

Prof. Union Edebiri, OFR,  Pprofessor ofFrench, formerly University of Lagos

Dr  Chimdi Maduagwu, Dept of English, University of Lago, Akoka

Mr Joachim Okeke, Spanish Translator, Secretary/ Registrar, Nigerian Institute of Translators and Interpreters, NITI

Prof. Uba-Mgbemena, Professor of Igbo, Dept of African Languages and Literatures, UNILAG
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by rhymz(m): 12:42am On Aug 01, 2010
Bluetooth
What exactly is your arguement?
Is it that Igbos are not as much as to claim the homogenous tribe with the highest population of Lagos state next after the indigenous yoruba?
I ve lived all my life in Lagos and I don't see how becomrich's bendle( whatever that means) is the next big thing Lagos. When it comes to trade in Lagos the igbo population dominates it and yes there are a lot of igbos in both University of Lagos and LASU, likewise Yabatech, though I don't agree they are up to 50% the population in such places but one thing is very clear, after the indigenous Yoruba, they are usually the next. And yes, igbo language is spoken in market places just as frequent as you would yoruba, go to Alaba, idumota, balogun, yaba mrk, ladipo market and so many otherz you can't tell me igbo language is not conspicuously spoken there, might not feature as much as the yoruba language but darn it, it very well spoken
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 12:42am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara Igbo is taught in every universities in Nigeria, so is yoruba, even in the north. (constitution)

Yorubas are are nearly 90% not even what I said. I just do not want to sound bias. Other ethnics in lagos tend to speak Yorubas, like the uhrobo,isoko, edo and others.   It is only the igbos that have refused to change. It is hard for you to find an Uhrobo man or isoko or edo man who has lived in Lagos for 20 years and does not speak yoruba. But you would find many igbos who do not. They refuse to assimilate with the society.

100%  of Uhrobo, isoko ,edo etc children born in lagos all speak yorubas as thier first languages. But even if an igbo person was born in lagos. they would not speak Yoruba, even if they understand it. mostly among the Igbo men. but 100% of Uhrobo, isoko ,edo  born in lagos or have lived in lagos for many year speak very good yoruba. And most time never speak thier languages. You cant even tell, when Uhrobo, isoko ,edo  etc are speaking Yoruba, expect they tell you . They are the one I believe Fashola should reward because of population.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by sjeezy8: 12:44am On Aug 01, 2010
There is a good amount of Bendel peeps in Lagos as well as hausas namely in mushin(which is one of the mostpopulated in Lagos) when the mosques do the call for prayer you will see yoruba muslims and hausas as well going.

Even in yoruba movies Theres more bendel peeps followed by igbo and occasionally hausa actors.

but def we know theres igbos in Lagos my point is there is also Alot of bendel peeps and hausas.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by ezeagu(m): 12:45am On Aug 01, 2010
becomrich3:

It is hard for you to find an Uhrobo man or isoko or edo man who has lived in Lagos for 20 years and does not speak yoruba. But you would find many igbos who do not. They refuse to assimilate with the society.

WAAATTTT!! Every Igbo entertainer/musician from Lagos performs in Yoruba.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by chyz(m): 12:46am On Aug 01, 2010
becomrich3:

Yorubas are are nearly 90% not even what I said. I just do not want to sound bias. Other ethnics in lagos tend to speaker Yorubas, like the uhrobo,isoko, edo and others.   It is only the igbos that have refused to change. It is hard for you to find an Uhrobo man or isoko or edo man who has lived in Lagos for 20 years and does not speak yoruba. But you would find many igbos who do not. They refuse to assimilate with the society.

100%  of Uhrobo, isoko ,edo etc children born in lagos all speak yorubas as thier first languages. But even if an igbo person was born in lagos. they would not speak Yoruba, even if they understand it. mostly among the Igbo men. but 100% of Uhrobo, isoko ,edo  born in lagos or have lived in lagos for many year speak very good yoruba. And most time never speak thier languages. You cant even tell, when Uhrobo, isoko ,edo  etc are speaking Yoruba, expect they tell you . They are the one I believe Fashola should reward because of population.

I hope you've realized that you've just killed your whole argument and even topic subject with just this write up alone.lol. Plz some people on here should use their brain!
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by becomrich3: 12:46am On Aug 01, 2010
Nchara why have the Igbo refuse to  assimilate with Lagos. I have a friend, who was born in Lagos. Never been to Igboland, but does not speak yoruba.

I live in canada, I can tell you this. I know more of the history or politics of canada, than an average canadian . When I tell them something, they wonder where I got it from.
Re: Nchara:stop The Lies Igbos Are Less Than 10% Of Lagos.bendle Are More Than Igbo by ezeagu(m): 12:47am On Aug 01, 2010
becomrich3:

Nchara why have the Igbo refuse to  assimilate with Lagos. I have a friend, who was born in Lagos. Never been to Igboland, but does not speak yoruba.

Does he speak Igbo? Or even 'pidgin'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Did Goodluck Actually Do In Bayelsa State? / Kashamu To Distribute Rams, Motorcycles In Ogun / Okupe To Sagay: Reveal Running Cost Of Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Dogara, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.